You know just how important our hydration station is to me, it may seem like an excuse when each song ends to stop and grab our breath, but it is extremely important.When we workout we sweat, especially when HERO pops on. Sweating is essential it keeps our body temp regulated, but we also loose a lot of essential fluide that ensures our body functions at its best.
Cue Hydration Station.
We need water to exercise. Why?? Water consumption helps lubricate and cushion your joints, spinal cord, and tissues, In order to stay healthy and stave off the dangerous effects of dehydration. Lose too much and you may start to feel tired, dizzy, lightheaded, and achy. That's dehydration.
Signs you haven't hit the hydration station:
Your Pee is Extra Yellow
You may even be peeing less, Not thee most pleasant, But it's true.
Surprise, this is totally true. And the reason is similar to smelly yellow urine. Water helps move your waste through your colon and out of your body. But if your not drinking enough water, it won't be able to move your food waste outward as efficiently.
You're craving SUGAR
A lack of fluid can make it difficult for organs like liver to release glycogen (stored glucose) and other components of your energy stores, hence, it can actually trigger food cravings.
Others include, dizziness, tiredness, lack of concentration, food cravings, dry skin, moodswings bad breath.
- DRINK WATER FIRST. I start my day with two large glasses of warm water.
- HYDRATION STATION: I call it this because I do literally fill up 2-3 large glasses with water before my workout and drink throughout.
- SET A DAILY GOAL: By setting a daily water intake goal, you have the intention of drinking more water & you’re reminding yourself along the way.
- REHYDRATION REFIL: The minute that glass is empty its time to top it up.
- HYDRATION ON THE GO: Never leave the house with out a full water bottle, not only will this keep you hydrated but also save the monies.
- BOOK END THE DAY: Start & end the day with a glass of water.
- ADD FLAVOUR: Natural flavouring is best, lemon, mint, ginger even berries.
- REPLACE THE HYDRATION: Replace other drinks with water, minerals, sodas, teas coffees.
- GO HERBAL: Herbal teas count yay, camomile before bed, mint post dinner, joyful.
- DRINK BEFORE YOU EAT: I always fill a large glass up whilst cooking.
Exactly how much water you should be drinking is a subject of debate, but our government recommends we get at least 8 glasses per day. I personally drink a lot more because of our Team Queen sweaty workouts, and if the weather is hot.
So drink up!