Your body can stand almost anything its your mind you have to convince. No matter who you are, how far you have come there will always be a time when you lack motivation.
Back to work, Back to School, getting into a new routine all of which can really disturb our motivation to workout.
Over stressing, less rest, poor diet, running after others, less self care, too much caffeine, not enough water can really drain our energy that even getting off the sofa is a workout in itself.
There are a lot of fabulous tips and tricks we read online, but most of them do not seem to take into account REALITY.
Also I would like to note, that living in a country with dark cold wet winters coming, it is definitely much harder to stay motivated as we are more inclined to want to hibernate.
So instead of me telling you to just sleep more and drink some water, here are my top tips for staying motivated and keeping on track whilst leading a busy lifestyle and winter approaching.
- SCHEDULE/ROUTINE : When we build routine, it becomes habit and it is much easier to fit our workouts in when they are scheduled into our diary. Training in the morning 3-4 times a week can set you up for the day while making sure any social plans or late nights in the office don't take away from Team Queen time. You do not have to train every day 3-4 sessions a week is such a sweet spot. If you are in major shock adjusting to a new work routine, try 2 days a week, lock those days in and stick to it.
- Commit to 1/2 . Thats right half the workout is better than no workout. I always say, put the workout on, start with 15min goal in mind and usually, by the time you’ve got halfway through, the endorphins have kicked in, you start to feel good and decide, Im a hero and gonna hop on the venga bus. You only fail when you stop trying.
- Challenge your Queens: Reach out to others for support. grab your friends, start a forum chat, challenge each other to do the workouts together. Its always fun and motivating when you have a motivation buddy.
- WRITE DOWN YOUR GOALS: we discussed goal writing last week, keep reminding yourself and looking at those mini goals along the path.
- Taylor your workouts do what you enjoy. If you have a super busy week ahead, plan your workout schedule. Get that 20 min hiit in, remember Tuesdays and Fridays are shorter workouts. Sweaty 7s are just 30 mins.. There are always opportunities for you to get in some movement. Pick your favourite workouts.
- Its your time: your workouts should be you time, escape, enjoy have fun, step away from your busy day. Never underestimate the power of a great workout to make you feel like a Queen..
The only bad workout is the one you didn’t do. It doesn’t matter if you do all of hero or march your way through hero, you showed up and you did your best and that is dedication. Yes I know you are busy, we are all busy, but we are not Drama queens we are queens that don’t quit.