z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Protein powders | MaeveMadden

Protein powders

• Hey queens, 

So I've been keeping an eye on what I'm eating recently and don't think I'm getting enough protein in. Coming on to see if anyone has any brand/flavour recommendations for protein powder that I can give a whirl! I've heard great things about femfuelz but wondering if anyone has tried it? Any recommendations would be fabulous queens thanks so much xx

• I've heard great things about Fem Fuelz - lots of my friends have tried it and love it! I personally don't have dairy so I use the plant protein shake blend by Nua Naturals and love it! 

There's so many brands and types to choose from - I would say look at the ingredients list and make sure there's not a ton of additivies in it like gum etc and not too much sugar either. Also I love getting a natural/ vanilla flavour so I can use it in lots of things like smoothies, protein bars & porridge 😊

• Hi Niamh, I have the diet protein blend from myprotein. It’s choc brownie flavour, but they do other ones too. Low calories, has other vitamins and minerals, 21g protein per serving and low saturated fat. They always have offers on and the pack lasts ages. I mix it with water, but you could mix it with milk for a bit more of a protein boost. https://www.myprotein.com/sports-nutrition/diet-protein-blend/11311019.html  

• Hi Niamh,

I always get mine from My protein, there are lots of flavours and always a discount code online. If you like coconut flavour the My protein whey  in coconut is my favourite. I use it in my morning  porridge or to make some cookies. Also the chocolate orange flavour is really good. You can order samples for a £1 as there are so many flavours which i found hepled! x

• @Niamh Byrne Hey Niamh, I noticed the same thing about my protein intake last month.  I ordered the vanilla & the cookies and cream FemFuelz protein, both our really nice. ookies & cream is probably my favourite...would recommend🙂.

• Hey, Check out That Protein. They do not upset your tummy and have no added sweetners or sugars. x

• @Niamh Byrne hey Niamh, I have only tried 3 vegan proteins (trying to be dairy free) but the best one I tried is PhD Smart Protein Plant in chocolate cookie flavour. I mix about 80mls of oat milk, water and protein and ice and is like a milkshake. Actually look forward to it after my work out. (Great if making protein pancakes too!) I tried femfuelz but only the vegan one in caramel flavour and really didn't like it. Hope this helps! X 

• @Niamh Byrne great question Niamh as I am the same - I think protein is very low for me to and dont really know what powders to start with or how to introduce it!!!

• Thanks girls, get tips and advice xx

• Hi girls,  I'm clueless here but how do the protein powders benefit you?

• Not specifically a protein powder, but I started putting a scoop of Weider Collagen Peptides in my coffee every morning (about £10/ffor 30 servings) when we first went into lockdown last year and have noticed a big difference in my protein intake, skin and joints.  Many of the benefits are from the collagen itself, but it's got the bonus of 10g of protein/30 cals per scoop with no sugars, faux sweeteners, etc & it's been so easy to just add straight to my coffee.  I used to get quite jittery from flavoured protein powders/upset tummy.

• @Clairecluck1 I think it's really just if you're not getting enough protein in your diet queen, I struggle to get a lot of protein in so definitely will look at getting a powder to try make up for it x

• Thanks @Niamh Byrne thanks for the info! I eat lots of protein so I'm probably fine, was thinking it was some sort of miracle powder that might change my life haha

@Elise Karam Intrigued about the Collagen Peptides, must have a googe, thanks!

• hi ladies :)

I am mostly veggie so really struggle with protein too - and a lot of protein powders i found to taste horrible! I've been on and off using Protein World banana split flavour for years and it's always my go to.

I definitely saw a difference when i only focused on hitting my protein targets - but i also found it quite hard work so now i just eat well and have a protein shake as and when! But it really does make a difference if you can keep up with it all. 

I found the powder actually helped with my bloating too - i noticed when i stopped having it regularly and would balloon! i dont know if it is connected really but thought it worth mentioning. 

Tori xx

• Hey Girls, I was wondering the same thing as Niamh,what protein powders were recommended. I have only used vegan protein powder in the past (Im not vegan, I just thought that a vegan option would give less bloat as I think some dairy options can from what Ive heard) I used the Nuzest strawberry flavour. Its ok flavour wise, I just mix it with milk or water but you could probably jazz it up a bit. Its expensive i think so I was looking for a cheaper alternative. My sister has used the My Protein whey one in salted caramel. She likes it but I think I have a more senstive tummy than her. 

I have heard femme fuelz mentioned a lot so I must look into it. Any more recommendations would be great though.

Thanks girls x

• I think I am going to try the Fem Fuelz one as it says its specifically designed for woman. I see Tracey Collopy (traytraycolcol) has a discount code for them too TRAY10 on her instagram page.  Ill let ye know how it tastes. Might try the cookies and cream flavour 😋

• @Ashley Jordan I actually ordered their chocolates flavour there, I think it has digestive agents in it to stop you getting bloated after which is a massive problem for me with protein powders! Can't wait to try it x

• @Niamh Byrne just seeing your message there now Niamh. I think mine will be sent out tomorrow so I'm really looking for to trying it. I seen that on their site about the digestive agents you mentioned so fingers crossed they work on our sensitive tummies 🤞🤞

• @Ashley Jordan I had some in my oats this morning, don't think I put enough milk in but that can be sorted 😂 I found I didn't get noticably bloated at all and no tummy pain thus far which for me is a very good sign! 

• Hi all! Late reply to this but I use the MyVegan Clear Isolate Protein - its so different to any of the whey proteins as its consistency is more like cornstarch. The flavour and consistency when shaken resembles MiWadi or any type of juice if that helps anyone who (like myself) doesn't like the whey proteins!