z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Healthy Mindset - Food and Fitness | MaeveMadden

Healthy Mindset - Food and Fitness

• Disclaimer - contains food/ED related content - regarding new found positive mentality and self care drive

First time posting on the forum, only been here 6 months 😂

Had a bit of a revelatory moment yesterday, after many years of struggling with food I have finally realised I need to stop punishing myself for enjoying food that is considered 'bad', and I need to start seeing food as simply that - food!!! In all honesty it's only very recently that I realised that my eating habits were far from healthy/balanced/positive, and I can't believe I missed the signs for so many years.

But Maeve's workouts have been part of that lightbulb moment, and I am so grateful to be part of this community.

I know that going forward I need to see exercise as a form of self care rather than a part of weightloss that feeds negative feelings towards my body, and food as something to be embraced that fuels me and not something to attach negative emotions to.

In all honesty, I was welling up doing 'I need a hero' today during 'Thee HIIT Party', because it is such a relief to finally want to enjoy fitness in a positive way, and to be released from fearing food. Thank you Queens for providing such an amazing basis for self love and acceptance!!!

• I am not going to lie Charlotte I feel the exact same since I started QDQ! 

• well done @Charlotte Dredge I'm only a fairly recent member but the support and atmosphere here is just second to none. Its like a revelation to find out that it is ok to feel like c**p in the run up to period and that your hormones can make what you managed with ease and grace the week previous feel absolutely insurmountable. I used to drive myself mad in a commercial gym setting wondering why I could barely lift/do the routine in the run up to my period. 

• @Charlotte Dredge yes honey, that sums up QDQ so well!!!! Delighted for you xxxx

• @Jude H completely!!! It's terrifying that women are not taught to understand how our bodies work, and school PE and general health education does not serve the proper purpose. @Maeve Madden needs to tell the people in charge of education a thing or two aha xxx

• @Sammi Trev it's fantastic so many women are being helped so positively!!! We're all figuring our stuff out together, and using exercise to make us feel positively about our abilities, our strength, and as an act of self care, is so wonderful.