z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Lack of progress | MaeveMadden

Lack of progress

• Hi Queens! 
    I wanted to reach out and ask if anyone else is feeling this/ has any tips? 

i've been doing QDQ workouts since January now, at the start I felt like my fitness improved loads but it's gradually started to slow down and I don't see or feel much difference 😔 I try to do 4-5 workouts a week and I'd like to say I eat fairly healthy (cook everything from scratch, have the occasional chocolate). 

Has anyone else felt like this? Or have any tips that helped them? 

thanks in advance queens!

• @Rachel Atkinson Firstly - well done on the level of workouts you are doing, that is amazing! You should be proud of yourself for that effort, and for taking the time to do something for you! 

I'm wondering in terms of how you are measuring your progress- like is it just how fit you are feeling doing them is what you are basing this on? If you hadn't been doing much of a workout program before QDQ you will naturally experience noticeable improvements pretty quickly, and then it could be levelling off in terms of the speed of progress? Are you progressing in terms of the moves to the more advanced ones, rather than staying at the level you feel most comfortable in? Using heavier weights, using a heavier band etc? 

Another consideration is are you using any other measurement on progress, like photos or actual measurements? You would be surprised sometimes how you might feel you aren't progressing, you mightn't see it in the mirror but then you look at a photo of now versus a previous one and it is there to be seen! 

Also then I guess it is down to your goals- are they weight loss, fitness based, strength based etc etc? If you have a specific goal in mind it could be that you need to tailor the classes you do more- Maeve did a blog on this previously that might help. 

Would love to be able to try help you more, if you do want to reach out on this! 

• @Rachel Atkinson I felt this also happened to me and like Sharon said small things like increasing weight or doing more advanced move. That I found for me was I LOVED hiit and the calories burned from that but I felt I got stuck not going back nor forward so I introduced more weight classes as priority or more of a mixture to balance, also the barre, Pilates and yoga are great for toning! Hope this helps but your doing amazing so keep it up! 

• @Rachel Atkinson Hey Rachel how are you???  Oh do let me know your goals??  Then we can figure out whats going on.... Thanks Sharon you are right, at the beginning you will often see huge changes and then things kinda plato, kinda like me, I dont see huge differences right away but over time I make small changes right now I cut out oat milk and I have added the bands to abs and I am begining to see more defined results... 

The workouts progressively get harder as the weeks go on, progressive overload is how we grow stronger and fitter.. Rest days are just as important, making sure you are getting enough sleep and recovery.. Adding a slightly heavier weight, opting for higher reps and switching up routines.  The key is to constantly challenge your body.. 

Let me know your thoughts

• Hi Rachel,

I find I'm in the exact same position as you. I started in January also. Previously I had been a gym goer, but still noticed a big improvement in my fitness level when I joined QDQ. Same as yourself my diet wouldn't be the worst and I'm not really noticing changes since March.

Whenever this happens to me it can be demotivating, but keep going! I try and change my persepctive and remind myself I do this for my health and my mind as much as my physical appearance. Eventually the results will be noticeable. Sometimes I take a few days off to move my body in different ways, like go swimming or for a long walk to change it up and then I come back with more energy and start working harder. Try changing your classes even, works different parts of your body and you might find you have to work that bit harder.

Let us know how you get on!

• @Sharon Scully Hi Sharon, thanks so much for your lovely thoughts! I think you're definitely right it is a perception thing.. I think I want to look more muscle-y/ toned, I suppose less wobbly bits!

I did a different programme before QDQ but I much prefer the style of classes here and the enjoy from the queens is just amazing. 

I definitely need to invest in new weights, I've been using 2kgs,3kgs and 5kgs since last march! Do you have any tips on where you got yours from? 

• @Carol Tansley that's great advice thanks so much, like you I always tend to go for more hiit classes as my mind thinks higher intensity means better results.. I'm not sure why! I've not done the yoga or pilates, I'll give them a go! I LOVE the barre class although I am not that flexible so don't feel quite like a ballerina haha

• @Maeve Madden Hi Maeve! The forum is such an open and comfortable place I feel so much more at ease knowing I can pop a question on and likely someone will have some tips or experienced the same! I think my biggest goal is to lose the 'wobble' - I know it's natural to have some it's just something I've always been conscious about, especially around my hips and tummy! Since I've been at QDQ I've tended to do different classes each week to fit around when I can do the lives- Do you think I'd be better to stick to a few of the same classes each week or to mix them up like I have done?

Oat milk is so great though it's hard to resist... I personally live for peanut butter and banana... especially after a workout haha 😋

• @Rachel Atkinson Oh I hear you, think we all want that! So what I have found to have improved my definition are the weight/strength classes- Francesca's booty band burn, spicy circuits, sexy shoulders and Fireball Friday. Barre & Pilates are also supposed to be great for that too, I'm the same wtih you on barre as I'm not in the slightest bit flexible (despite doing gymnastics competitively for 5 years when I was a kid!!!). I try do the strength classes and then 1-2 cardio/hiit classes a week too. I've found this combo has been great for both my strength and fitness, like when I run now I can feel the difference of the benefit of the classes! Few others have commented the same. 

I've the same combo of weights, I got a 7.5kg set in Decathlon Ireland (not sure where you are based) for €50 + delivery. For some reason they don't do home delivery of the 10kgs unfortunately! 

Always here if you wanna reach out and discuss more!!!! 

• @Rachel Atkinson yes, you sound exactly like me! Love the Hiit always but love bringing the others in too for variety! It can be good to mix it up for different muscle groups so they don't get used to the same moves. Stick at it! X

• 5/5 workouts done this week... feel absolutely brilliant!! Serious damage done in pennys this morning morning celebrate feeling confident in new clothes 😀

• Can I just say ladies, I absolutely love this forum! Sitting here reading so many people going through what I am who have some great tips! I also do mainly hiit classes, recently added in fireball Friday and its hard but feels like a different burn which is great. Think ill mix up my classes next week. Thank you all 😊👑

• Hope you don't mind me jumping in but totally agreeing with the ladies who have suggested changing it up in terms of the workouts you're doing and when you're doing them..... i would be super conscious of my wobbly bits but have really noticed changes in my shoulders, back, bum and tum since i've been including more of the strength sessions inc sexy shoulders, spicy circuits and fireball friday and then changing my bands and upping my weights and omg do i feel that burn throughout the day hahah - i used to think i need a big calorie burn always, to be making a difference ... but i LOVE the mix of strength and HIIT classes now!! 

• @Melissa Gribben 💯