z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Food and excersise | MaeveMadden

Food and excersise

• Hi Queens second week challenge done and dusted, im new to QDQ done 5 challenge workouts this week and an extra one. But I find I'm really hungry is that possible anybody any advice to stop me overeating,like yesterday I ate all around me dunno if its just because my monthly due but i went from savoury to sweet all day, or is it just that I'm working our to much I'm trying to put myself into a calorie deficit to loose a few lbs but is it to much of a deficit that I'm crashing?

• @Sarah Lay Hey Sarah, hope you're enjoying the challenege Queen!? I think Maeve or one of the other trainers may be best to advise on this but I know that as you increase your exercise it is probably natural that you're feeling hungry as you're burning more calories especially after weighted classes as you burn calories for a longer period of time.

You could perhaps try eating small meals but regulalry, which works well for some and prevents things like feeling hungry/bloating etc which could work for you but I know Maeve always suggests fueling with a meal that contains some carbs and protein after the morning classes too.

Hope that helps a little but definitely check in with one of the trainers too as they'll be more than happy to help with any nutrition advice 😊 x

• @Sarah Lay hi Sarah, oh my dont worry that is very normal and especially if you are hormonal, I find that I am also starving when I am due too..

You can still be in a calorie deficit if you have gone from doing no workouts to 5 workouts a week your body is exerting way more energy... I am not a huge fan of the calorie counting or just eating iwthin a deficit as yes its calories in and out however I prefer to focus on the actual nutiriton im getting from my food to fuel it properly.  

I always have some carb and protein post a workout.  I also have a protein with every meal.. There is no right or wrong way to eat also as eveery body is different.  I eat probably 2 big meals a day and then 2-3 smaller meals and thats what works for me.  

Taking that into account then when doing your grocery shop its a great idea to write down some meals so you have everything you need at home.. I also have recipes in the nutrition section above which are very balanced 

I hope this helps