1 tin chickpeas
½ bag of spinach
2 table spoons pearl barley
1/2 tsp Turmeric
1 tbsp olive oil
1 clove of garlic
½ a large bunch of parsley
2 veg stock cubes
½ tsp pepper
- Rinse chickpeas very well and set aside to rest in warm water.
- Using a very large sauce pan or stock pot, over a medium heat add the olive oil.
- Slice up the leeks and add to the pot & stir in a large pinch of sea salt.
- Chop up carrots and add to the pot, remain on a low to medium heat stirring every so often for around 15mins.
- Prep spinach cutting off any stems of the leaves and trim the ends of the parsley too.
- Pop the stock cubes in about 1200 mls of water
- Grate a clove of garlic in and continuously stir for a minute.
- Add the remaining ingredients
- Pour in the stock, partly cover the pot with a lid and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to simmer the soup for up to 1 hour, stirring regularly to prevent the greens from sticking and burning.
- If needed add a little more water.
Will serve 4-5 bowls & can be frozen or stored in the fridge.
Carbs: 18g Fat: 3g Protein: 9g.