z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Motivation | MaeveMadden

Motivation

• Hi queens! I'm an OG team queen member since week 2 and was flying away at the workouts all during lockdown and loving them but since the start of summer I've got out of the way of them, maybe only doing one or two a week. I've lost my motivation to exercise and dread doing them now (nothing to do with the workouts because they are amazing!) I've lost a lot of the strength and fitness I'd built up, struggled to even get through vengabus yesterday and have to pause after every couple of songs now. Any tips for how to get motivation or discipline back? Especially worried about going back to work next week that I'll just fall off completely. 🙈

• @Laura C we all go through yuk times and not feeling it, you turned up and got through it which is half the mental battle. I'm wfh and I put in a daily calander meeting at 9.30 so reminds me I have it and has blocked time so I can't have an excuse such as a meeting to avoid, altho I just do 30min. Maybe pencil in time like that and the becomes a routine that you fall back in love with it again. You can do it and the strength will come back 💕xx

• @Una McElroy oh thank you! You're so right, it's the mental battle rather than the physical one. 

• @Laura C totally... you have this and will be back bouncing about smiling soon 💕 I never realised I liked spi

ce girls until the second week in 😂😂😂 now a guilty pleasure 🤭🤭🤫 xx

• Thank you, I hope so! Totally love spice up your life and who do you think you are.... probably 2 of my favourites!

• Hey Laura fair play to you for doing the workouts whether it's 2 or 10 a week. Everything counts. I've learned in the last year that habit trumps motivation. I work full time in an office and spend an hour each way driving to work. Since Coronavirus I've been working every single day from home. I use my one hour that I would have been traveling to work to do the workouts. I get up and get dressed into my gear each morning. I log on for work bout 90 mins early and work up the time. Then I use that worked up time to do the workouts. If a work call comes I have to stop and resume afterwards. I've built the habit of get up, get dressed, log on, eat brekkie after my first team call each morning then do my workout and then straight back to work. I found the habit was stronger than the motivation if that makes sense. You're doing great either way to be here and to want to try ♥️

• @Vicky Baker Thanks Vicky, you're so right. I was reading Trisha Lewis's book and she said habit and discipline always trump motivation... I'm just not so good on the discipline front either lol. I'm someone who hates every minute of exercise at the start but then once I can see results and I feel good, it becomes addictive. I'm so annoyed with myself for stopping because I can imagine where I'd be now in terms of weight and fitness if I hadn't stopped. Good for you being so disciplined and hard working... not easy to juggle all that I'm sure! 

• Thats so normal! Its prob the worry about going back 2 work that's making you feel tired. As long as you are still trying, that's the main thing. Plus we are now doing way more songs and weights so its tougher then at the start. X

• @laura c we've all been there. I agree with the girls. Remember anytime u show up u're rocking it. Returning to work in these unusual circumstances is very hard. Just make sure u're getting enough sleep, drink plenty of water. And it's OK if u don't feel like doing a workout 2day or 2moro. Try going for a walk instead. Pop on those headphone & head off. U never know when u get back u cld b up for a workout. Remember they are all there waiting for u in the library. We'll also b here for u everytime. Xxx

• For me the struggle is discipline too. I try to not think too much about the workout and just prepare/plan everything around it that may make me not want to do it. For example, I plan the time of the day I'm going to do it, usually a time I'm not tired and I change into my working clothes as soon as I can. I lay out the mat, prepare the water bottle, etc so in the end its a bit easier not to skip the workout. The days I'm really not feeling it I tell my self I'm just going to take it really easy. It also helps planning the week, and setting a realistic goal of how many workouts you want to accomplish. Life happens and sometimes its really hard to squeeze a workout, so don't feel bad If you don't accomplish all. Its always better doing a few workouts than none at all. I also keep motivational notes in my phone that know work for me and read them from time to time.

Lately I discovered Mel Robbins on instagram, she has a great rule called the 5 seconds rule. Basically it says that the time frame you have to start doing something before your brain kicks in with excuses is just mere 5 seconds. So when you hesitate before doing something, count 5-4-3-2-1 and move towards action. I know, easier said than done 😂

wow this came really long 😅, I hope it helps in some way, and you can count on team queen to keep you on the wagon!

• @Laura C Hi Laura 😊 You wouldnt be human if you didn't feel like this from time to time 😊 its a journey so there's always gonna be ups and downs 😊 There are always gonna be days where you're just not in the mood and I agree with the others, most of the time its mind over matter and if you don't think too much about it and just do it, you'll end up being delighted afterwards 😊

What motivates me really is remembering why I started. I try to think of how good I feel after working out and how I felt before I started (crap). I also find it helps to look at before and after pics, I find these really motivating I dont know why 😅 There's nothing to lose by trying you can only benefit 💕

Your strength with also come back, I remember when I first started and struggled to do push ups/side planks and it would really put me off and make me feel crap, but instead of giving up (I really wanted to) I kept trying and now I can do them no problem! Even Maeve the other day struggled with Sweaty 7s because we haven't done them in a while. 

Give yourself a week or two and no doubt you will be absolutely flying again 💕 if you could do it before you can do it again and just remember how it made you feel 😊🌈💕 We're all here for support and do not feel annoyed at yourself, the fact you are doing any at all is great and the fact you posted here shows how much you want to 😊

I bet in a month or two you'll be posting here again about how great you feel and how you're smashing it every day 💪👑🌟💖 Keep going 😊💕xxxx

• I absolutely love the support and kindness being shown on this team queen platform. What an amazing thing to be able to inspire and confide in women we don't even know! You're all doing an amazing job so keep it up. I am so proud to be a part of such a loving community. These are very trying times we are going through with with love and support like this we can all be better and stronger :) LOVE this! 

• Thank you everyone for the advice and support, such kind queens! 💕

• @Laura C I would set a time or an alarm to do it and try get back into the routine of it. Once ur back doing them a wk of two again it will become habit and I think u will feel more motivated and hopefully enjoy it more to. Also I tend buy myself nice gym gear I wanted or if I needed new trainers I get them to treat/motivate me every so often. Mind over matter xx 

• @Laura C we All feel like that.. we are only human and you have to take the good with the bad and also sometimes if we overtrain  our bodies eventually get tired an we lose motivation because our bodies need rest! So give yourself what you need. Dont sweat missed workouts. Tomorrow is a new day and a new week 😊👑 x

• Muscle memory is real so you will be back to yourself quicker than you know it. And try take pre workout or fast acting carbs 30 mins before the workout. It's amazing how much that makes a difference to your performance for the workout! 

• Oh thank you for the tips@Pam Curry I know Maeve was talking about aminos today but I'm not sure of what brands are good. I'll check her highlights and see.