z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Workout wear | MaeveMadden

Workout wear

• Hi queens 👑,

Just popping on to ask if anyone has any recommendations on good quality sports bras/shorts/tops for workouts that aren't too expensive. A lot of my workout gear is worn out at this stage and I'm thinking of treating myself. 

Also, if anyone has the gymshark shorts that Maeve has what is the sizing like? I'm usually on the bigger side of a size 10 so not sure if I'd have to go M or L.

Thanks 😄

• @Niamh Byrne gymshark are great and really reasonably priced for the quality. I am also a size 10, all my gymshark leggings are size S, most of the designs are quite stretchy, I only have one pair that I would prefer in M. So maybe M if you're a 10? I am not sure on the tops and sports bras sizing. 
    H&M are great for workout tops and quite cheap, I haven't tried their leggings. 
    Nike stuff is all great, my fav sports bra is actually from Lidl I think it was about £7! 

• LA Gear or US Pro do super affordable gymwear and the quality is decent escoecially for the price 😀 

• @Niamh Byrne Hey Niamh, the shorts are old from gymshark they only did one season and never brought them back so raging.  I bought some new ones from there and they are quite good but didnt have the under short.  I find the quality of gymshark really good love the long vests.  I like Nike, it is more pricy, but i have leggings from there that are 5 years old and i still wear them.  The sports bras i do like shock absorber and if you google them you can see where has the best price too.. I just got one for £13 in john lewis.

• Thanks so much ladies! Think I'm gonna pop on and give gymshark a go, might as well treat myself once in a while!! I have a few nike bits in my sights but have been hinting at my family that I might like them as a birthday present 😂 

• Hey @Niamh Byrne, I love my lululemon leggings! They are on the pricey side BUT the quality is great. They have different fabrics for different activities. I always feel so confident when I wear them. Never fail the squat test either. Worth the investment. Gymshark is my next favorite 😊

• @Ashleigh John thanks Ashleigh! Never heard of lululemon but I will definitely have a look! I find it is often better to invest in a few good bits that'll last a while x

• @Niamh Byrne lulu lemon is so nice!!

• @Niamh Byrne i 100% stand by SHEFIT sports bras. I was a 38E when i started TQ and now am in a 36DD. i never found a good company that provided a fit and support that i could do HIIT workouts like TQ. the best thing i find about the SHEFIT bras is that they are so adjustable, on the back and the straps so even though i have lost weight I haven't had to buy a new sizes! 

• @Niamh Byrne I did some shopping recently at Decathlon (if you are in Dublin, it has recently opened near Ikea. However, I shopped online and their service was very good!) and I bought leggings, sport bras and shorts of the brand Domyos. I was surprised to see that they are good quality (even after multiple washes) and not very expensive at all. The measurements reported on the website are not that useful and Domyos clothes don't seem to be true to size (at least for me!). So, I would recommend buying a smaller size if you are unsure. I wasn't sure whether to get a Small or Medium, I ended up getting a Small and it fits perfectly!

• Hi@Niamh Byrne I recently bought a few pairs of 2-in-1 shorts from Sports Direct, they were Karrimor brand. They aren't too pricey and come in individual sizes, not S/M/L. Also got a few work out tshirts from Dunnes, really reasonable priced. I got medium in those and I would be a size 10/12 on top 🙂

• @Niamh Byrne hi 👋 I bought the gym shark shorts that Maeve wears and I really didn't like them. They've got a sticky lining on the waist band that sticks to your tummy and is uncomfortable, and I thought they were a bit too short. I'm a 10 and got a M and they're a little big so think you're be fine with a M. I also found that when it was hot my legs were actually sweating and I was sliding all over the mat 🙈 .. I usually wear Sweaty Betty 'all day contour' leggings and love them. They're pretty expensive but I always wait for the sale! ... I am interested to try the Gym Shark leggings though. They seem a really good price if they are any good! x 

• @Niamh Byrne try sports direct they do a lot of brands & have fab sales on. 

• @Sarah Williams hey Sarah did you get the new shorts from gym shark that Maeve got? Do you know if they have a draw string at waist? 

• @Helen Madden hi Helen - were these the new gym shark shorts recently launched? Was there a drawstring on waist? 

• @Amy Shelly hey Amy! These are the shorts that I got, there's no drawstring at the waist but the waistband is quite stretchy and there's a sticky rim along the inside to sop them from moving around when you work out. Personally I love them, would love a bit more stretch in the actual short themselves but maybe I should've just gotten a bigger size. Hope this helps xx 

• @Niamh Byrne super thanks a mill.... debating a purchase... think I'll try them out now but just size up for space and room 

• @Amy Shelly I got the M, I'm usually a 10/12 but most of my weight is around my bum and thigh so that's probably why they feel a little tight at times. You might be fine with your normal size depending on your shape x

• @Amy Shelly hey, no there's no drawstring. These are the ones I got .. https://uk.gymshark.com/products/gymshark-training-loose-fit-shorts-teal

• Hey @Amy Shelly, I haven't bought any yet. I did buy the long Nike shorts though, which are amazing. I need to stop spending money!!!