z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Hormonal Queens! | MaeveMadden

Hormonal Queens!

• Hi Ladies - does anyone have any advice for doing Team Queen when on your period??  It is something I am really struggling with, I've been with Team Queen from Week 1 but even now when I am on my period I really struggle with the workouts.  I tried to do yesterday's but had to stop before abs.  Does anyone have any advice on this, or has had the same problem?  Any help would be great! x

• @Suzie McDonald Hey gorgeous,

1. stop stressing, listen to your body, if your struggling and you know its hormonal, forgive yourself, its ok to stop and rest.

2. Never judge your training or results, during this party of your cycle. Decreased performance is perfectly normal

3. Our body temperatures rise, and our hormones change, this can make working out a bit of a struggle.

4.If you want to workout during your period and your struggling, take it down a notch, step it out, do the lower impact exercises, the movement will still help and possibly ease period pain too.

5. Your energy levels may also drop due to a lack or iron in the body. 

hope this gives you some peace of mind

• Amazing, thanks @Maeve Madden 💛

• I totally agree with@Maeve Madden its so Hard during periods to have motivation and energy. I no for me the worst day is just the first so just get out for a walk and some fresh air and get back to workouts when you feel you have the energy! X 

• @Niamh Roche Thank you!!

• @Suzie McDonald 100% agree with Maeve. Take it at ur own pace dont stress over it. As Maeve always says make sure u get plenty of rest, drink plenty water & u can never go wrong. We're all in it together Queen 👑 

• Hey Suzie, I feel your pain with this. Although, it tends to be the week before my period that I struggle the most. Low energy and just GIMME ALL THE FOOD😂 Rest days, taking the simpler options or sometimes just shaking it out helps me push through! 💜 

• @Audrey Browne @Jessica Doherty thanks for this, all really helpful! Thanks Queens  💕

• @Suzie McDonald I completely agree with Maeve! I can never do my workouts on the first day of my period (usually spent in bed with cramps) and I do feel very low energy for the whole duration. I usually do some level of workouts but if I feel like stopping, I rest for a few minutes and go back to it (or I take a walk instead). As well, I wear pads (only thing I can wear during my period) and they are very uncomfortable when you sweat. I'm interested in trying period panties but I'm not sure where to start/which brand is good. The energy I have after my period is over though is unbelievable and every workout feels very good!! 

• @Valeria Bisordi Thanks for the advice!

• Thanks ladies for the advice!  Two days rest, and period over as of yesterday so back at it today!  Just did Tuesday's LOVED it @Maeve Madden I do love the hiit with no weights once a week and the abs were awesome!  Thanks, Queens!!

• Just did yesterdays workout,  by golly it was spicy!!!!! Of for an Indian tonight,  bring on d food 😂😂😀