z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Light-headed lady! | MaeveMadden

Light-headed lady!

• Hi Maeve and everyone! 

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions to help me. I started the TQ workouts 2 weeks ago and am really enjoying them! I am someone who has fainted many times in the past and can get black outs due to low blood pressure. I've noticed that I feel quite drained and tired for the day after I do the workouts in the mornings as I sweat so much during them. I've been trying to drink lots of water and stay hydrated but I still tend to lack energy. I would consider myself to have a fairly balanced diet and I do eat lots of fruit and vegetables. Is there anything that you would recommend I should be eating or supplements I could try to help me feel a little less light headed and give my energy levels a boost? 

• I get lightheaded too sometimes but I tend to feel sick rather than faint. I would eat something like a banana before working out, It's light enough that you won't get a cramp but also has enough energy to help with the lightheadedness....I've also been trying out pre-workout powders in my water about 15-20 minutes before workout. You end up drinking about a litre of water but as it's flavoured it goes down a bit easier than plain water and the energy you get out of it helps with the lightheadedness. Hope this helps. But if this is a constant problem you should probably ask a doctor about it.  

• @Ann-Marie Liston I too am a bit of a fainter from low blood pressure.  For me I don't do anything in the workouts that causes you to go to the floor and come back up really quickly.  So for example, for burpees I'll step them out rather than jumping, if we are doing mountain climbers in the finisher I don't do it as it is too quick for me to go on the floor and up again.  We used to do Jlo, Let's Get Loud and I had to modify it where I was on the floor for most of it rather than getting up and down!  The best thing about Maeve's routines is that you can adapt to you, and what you need!  So I'd review what actions you are doing in each routine.  I hope this helps!x

• @Ann-Marie Liston I agree with both @Sarah Keane & @Suzi McDonald.. My go to is a banana at 9am b4 Maeve class. Its light & lines the stomach. And also simplify the exercises that may trigger ur light headedness/fainting. I wld also keep an eye on ur blood pressure on fitness tracker if u have one. But like Sarah said of it persists I wld see ur doctor.. Look after yourself Queen

• Thanks so much @Sarah Keane@Suzie McDonald and@Audrey Browne for all your comments and suggestions. Will definitely try the banana and pre-workout powders beforehand and see if that gives me an energy boost. I think it's a good idea to modify some of the routines for myself to avoid light-headedness. I suppose I have been trying to keep up with all the exercises and I am only relatively new to it all. Maybe my body also needs some time to adjust to the intensity of the workouts. Thanks ladies :)

• @Sarah Keane I'd find having a nibble before classes works for me, or dilute in my water so adds a bit of sugar. I'd be prone to light heads especially in the morning. I'm up for work so grab a bite and coffee before stops me from the light heads afterwards (apart from when time of the month, over heat and light head no matter what I do - so I just go a bit less intense) xx