z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Shower after TQ workouts | MaeveMadden

Shower after TQ workouts

• Hi Queens! 

A couple of days ago, I read that having a cold shower after a workout helps with muscle relaxation and recovery. I was wondering if anyone is regularly doing it? Do you have a cold or warm shower after TQ workouts? 

• Hey@Valeria Bisordi, I just have a normal temperature shower, maybe a bit on the hot side. But I use Epsom salt body wash and if I am really aching I have a bath with Epsom salts. They are honestly amazing!! But I have found the body wash really does help with the recovery. This is the one I use: Dr Teal's Pure Epsom Salt Body Wash Relax & Relief with Eucalyptus & Spearmint 710 ml https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00BQYF21G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_D1qrFb1VBR647 

• Hey @Valeria Bisordi I tend to do the opposite.... I don't know if its right, but it definitely feels good. I try to have a normal shower and gradually increase temp unitl its roasting. I then blast my big muscles that would normally cramp a little, quads, hams, calfs and glutes, then when I'm red like a tomato :) i start to turn the temp down and gradually get to cold. I know cold is good for sealing cuticle in your hair and pores in skin (prevents bumpy skin too if you have used a razor) so i then try stay under cold water for 60 seconds before getting out of shower. I find this helps with muscle cramping and I sleep like a BABY afterwards! 

• I don't know if it's a coincidence or I'm just getting fitter, but I've been having a lot of baths recently (just using cheap Radox) and I've found I'm barely sore at all anymore. I always had a sore butt or knees after the workouts before but seems a lot better now! ... and what better way to relax? 🛁👑

• @Helen Madden @Amy Shelly @Sarah Williams  thanks for all your suggestions girls! I'll definitely try your methods and see which one works best for me. My legs have been quite sore/tired in the last couple of weeks and it's hard to do the workouts (a massage would be ideal!!🥰). I will also try the Epsom bath salts and body wash!!