z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Healthy snack ideas | MaeveMadden

Healthy snack ideas

• Hi queens! 👑 How nice is this forum?! I wondered if any of you have any healthy snack ideas you could share? I get so hungry and tend to need to eat something every two to three hours, but find it hard to find healthy snacks that are also filling! Maybe I'm not eating the right snacks to stave off the hunger. If any of you have any inspiration I'd be really grateful 😊 x

• Hey Becky! I'm a snacker as well. Here are some of the snacks I like to have... not sure how healthy they are but I love them. Celery & peanut butter. Vanilla greek yoghurt, chia seeds and fruit. Homemade quacamole & pita chips or corn chips. Strawberries with nutella drizzled over them... usually my pudding after dinner on a weekend 🙈

• Hey Becky. I've been loving dates with peanut butter if you have a sweet tooth like myself!!! Apple with nut butter,  popcorn and cheese crackers are always handy too:)))

• Yassss, im also on the Snack Bus too, i love apple almond butter, Kefir Quark (high in protein) with berries and cacao nibs, pineapple with yogurt, or even a smoothie.  If its winter time, i love a big bowl of home made vegetable soup .

• @Becky Dowd oh and always remember HYDRATE..

• Thanks all! Some great suggestions. I've never tried almond butter so I'll get some today and give it a go! 😊

• @Becky Dowd another snacker here 👋🏼 Especially when working from home! I love something sweet so my favourite is banana slices sandwiched with a nut butter in between and then dip or drizzle the mini sandwich in dark choc and pop into freezer! Super yummy with a cup of tea instead of a bar ☕️

• I'm a queen snacker and a self-confessed chocoholic. One thing I've made in the past which was yummy and filling was vegan brownies: https://www.hotchocolatehits.com/2017/01/no-bake-brownies-raw-vegan.html/. I just make them into balls but they are so good and a little really is satisfying. And I'm in no way a vegan but these are gorgeous!

The other thing I make semi-regularly when I can find GF cocoa powder is black bean brownies. Don't let the name throw you, the are really nice and fudgy. 

• @Caitriona Lyons 😯woman u r in big trouble now. I just had a look at the links u put up & Omg chocolate heaven. So I'm going to blame u if I end up doing any of these recipes &  start putting pounds back on..... Well I have no words 🤐🤐 😂😂😂😂😂

• @Audrey Browne 😂😂😂. To be honest they're incredibly rich, that's why I like to make them into balls. They always hit the spot. So much so I'm regretting not getting the ingredients today on my food shop. And because I'm coeliac I'm always wary that my palette might be a bit off with this stuff, so asked my housemate to check and yeah...she's now hooked too 😂

• For an evening snack I use skyr yogurt (high protein) with a bit of chocolate/caramel protein powder and myprotein tofffee flavadrops all mixed together and popped into the freezer for about a hour for a froyo treat after dinner! I've a major sweet tooth and i find that this snack really satisfies it!

• I like to make "healthy snickers". 

Cut medjool dates in half (remove the stone if there is one), fill with smooth peanut (or almond) butter, melt dark chocolate and drizzle over, sprinkle with a tiny amount of salt flakes then pop in the freezer to set. 

I usually have 1 or 2 after tea if I fancy a sweet treat. But they are addictive!! They can be kept in the fridge or freezer for up to 2 weeks (if you can keep them that long!!) 

• Anyone have any snack ideas for a huge sweet tooth queen like myself?? 🍭🍭

on another note how do you stop the work from home munchies 🙈

• @Julia Knudsen being at home is so tough.... I'm always picking! I too need help in this area, way too many biscuits bring consumed with tea breaks xxx

• @Carmel Mulvany the biscuits and tea are a killer 🤦🏼‍♀️

• @Julia Knudsen absolute killer! I buy biscuits that's lower in calories but end up eating more of them...... 😊😊😊😊

• @Carmel Mulvany That's where it's deceiving as the sugar content is normally higher 🙈🙈 the biscuit aisle is my killer 😂

• @Julia Knudsen The only thing that keeps it at bay for me is to keep the snacks as far away as possible from where you're working. It's nearly impossible then to run and get one between meetings etc

• Love all these snack ideas ladies, thank you... especially the mini snickers!! Definitely on my next grocery list :)

• I love this red pepper dip with crackers, carrots or on some toast. Its so quick to make and will last in the fridge for a few days!

Red pepper dip

4 roast red peppers (from a jar)

50g sesame seeds

60g almonds

1 garlic clove

3 tbsp olive oil

Good pinch of salt

Feel free to mix up the nuts/ seeds to whatever you have or like. I wouldn’t recommend cashews but walnuts, pumpkin seeds and pecans work really well!

Blitz all the ingredients in a food processor. It won’t go completely smooth but the little bit of texture is really nice in the dip 

• 1 / 2