z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Struggling with technique | MaeveMadden

Struggling with technique

• WOW, i'm dead. Just did Fridays workout and really struggle with the backwards mountain climber, can I do them with my hands facing backwards?? I find that easier but not sure if thats bad form? xx

• @Katy Evans Hey Katy, to be honest when I started doing backwards mountain climbers with team queen I struggled a lot too and my wrists were getting super uncomfortable and sore. I think it's somewhat about building strength in your arms, what I did was I just practiced the position so I would just sit with my hands facing forewards and lift my legs putting that slight pressure on but not too much, then just doing them for short periods of time instead of the whole set. That's what helped me anyways, practice makes perfect, keep going queen xxx

• @Katy Evans hi katy, oh this is definitely a difficult exercise.  I understand that some ppl do struggle with wrist pain, in plank or holding body weight. when our writs are in the wrong position, too far apart or too far forward we put additional pressure on them. place most of the weight on the pinky sides of your hands which should be placed directy under the shoulder.  With practice and strength training it will get easier.. 

• Just finished today's lean legs and mother of god, SPICY! Split squat was tough 🥵 struggled but got through it 🙏 I had a wash and blow dry this evening after work, BEFORE the workout, so use ladies can imagine I could do with another one 😂🥵

• @Katy Evans I know where ure coming from as both @Maeve Madden & @Niamh Byrne said it does get better with practice. What I found that helped me along the way was having a small towel rolled up place that behind ur back, get into position of backward mountain climber, place the heels of ur hands & only the heels of ur hands on the towel with ur fingers facing toward ur butt, making sure as maeve said to put weight on your pinky, I also like to have my fingers spread wide. Hopefully this may help u as it did me. Uve got it Queen 👑 

• You guys are the best! Thank you will try these tips and practice lots. Thanks 👑 xx