z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Healthy Lunch Ideas Please!! | MaeveMadden

Healthy Lunch Ideas Please!!

• Hey ladies 👑👑

I’m just posting as I’m wondering if anyone has any ideas for healthy lunches that aren’t salad, I’m not a fan of a lot of salad components and no matter how much I try I just don’t think I’ll ever be a salad person!

I wouldn’t consider myself a fussy eater like I literal eat anything else that’s not tomato, avocado or lettuce😂😂

Sounds so stupid but I ended up having a wee cry today at lunch time because I was so hungry but we didn’t have anything healthy in the house and I’ve just ran out of ideas so end up just having fruit and yogurt most days. Then I thought about team queen and said I’d ask you all because TQ is always so helpful🥰

Any help on recipes or ideas would be so helpful☺️ thank you x

• @Niamh Byrne how about some crustless quiche/mini muffins?  1st start with getting muffin tin & just grease it lightly. Chop all ur veg like peppers, onions, mushrooms etc whatever veg u like. In a big mixing bowl beat eggs. (Now I make a batch that serves about 20/24 muffins. So I cld use 12-13 eggs) . Then add in all ur veg season with salt pepper & whatever dried herbs u like. Give it anothet mix. Add in some grated cheese if u like one final mix. Then grab a jug or soup ladel & fill up muffin tin. Bake for 20-25ish mins. Once it's not wobbly then ur done. Let them cool down completely & u can store in fridge. I also do this in a bread tin (but line it with parchment paper, so it's shaped like bread, just slice it & have with chips/sweet potato fries.

Finally, (thank god says u) the weather is changing so ur cld batching cooking homemade soup. There's some fab recipes out there.. Hope this helps. 

• @Audrey Browne aw thanks so much Audrey, I'm just not much of a chef but think I may start trying to cook more 😂 my dad actually makes really nice homemade soup so maybe I'll ask him to do me up a few batches for the freezer 🙌🏻 Thank you x

• @Niamh Byrne  i'm a big bread fan so i've been trying to cut that out ! when i'm not on the salads , i have ryvita with a cheese spread an maybe salmon an cucumber. then i follow with greek yoghurt an maybe fruit . also i've switched to sourdough bread on days i want bread an have that as toast with boiled eggs. apparently the sourdough is best as it stops your blood sugar spiking . i do find one slice of it fills me up ! if like like avocado you could do that with scrambled egg too for a healthy lunch. xx

• @Niamh Byrne I love making an omelette if I have the time and I find it so filling. You could also make your own pancakes using a mashed banana and an egg. It's not everyone's taste though

• Hello Niamh, 

A dish I love to make for lunches or dinners are  Buddha bowls. It's a really yummy, quick and delicious.....not to mention very filling meal. You just start with a base like wheat rice or quinoa. I then sautée veggies, add in a protein base like chicken or tofu or nuts, sometimes a turkey burger cut up goes nicely and quick, then I add the rice in the pan I sauteed the veggies in & can dish up a few servings as leftovers. In each bowl I dish up I love to add hummus and sriracha, and if I'm feeling very in need of extra nourishment I'll add in some avocado. The dish is very filling and really nourishing I find. Great for colder months. Easy to dish up and reheat for a few meals depending on how much you end up making. I hope this idea helps. 

<3

• @Audrey Browne will you please move to cavan..... good is so hard for me. I love eggs but I'm intolerant to d whites so like @Maeve Madden was saying, eggs aren't always my friends 😪😪

• @Carmel Mulvany ah no I'm going mad over u. 😲. I'll have to come up with something nicer for u then xxx

• https://www.gousto.co.uk/cookbook/chicken-recipes/aromatic-tandoori-chicken-rice-salad

I make this quite a lot for lunch - it's quick, fresh and delicious!

• @Carmel Mulvany just seen your comment, i'm allergic to egg whites too they make my face swell up haha, would love to find something as easy as eggs without getting a big massive head after one bite 😂

• @Corinn Burnip oh no thats awful!! Eggs r so gorgeous but they are nog good for me!! I find food so hard especially when u have kids and they wont eat anything adventurous!!! 

• @Niamh Byrne if you're a meat eater, I have been having roasted chicken breast and roasted veg for my lunches. All can go in the oven together and you can pick chicken up in large quantities pretty cheap. I also really like linda McCartneys vegetarian range of sausages, burgers etc if you're not a meat eater. Soup is also a fab idea. Just pick up a mixed veg pack or even in some fridge and freezer aisles in the supermarket you can pick up soup packs xxx

• One of the easiest things you could make is butternut squash soup - because it's a pain to cut up, I put the entire thing into the oven for about 20-30 mins. Let it cool. Peel, deseed, put in a saucepan with some stock, cumin, paprika and coriander until it's simmering then blitz! Could serve it with some bread or homemade flatbread made from 100g natural yogurt and 100g flour (I'm coeliac so end up needing more flour for 100g yogurt). Add in some garlic powder if you fancy. 

One other quick one could be fried rice with loads of veggies, meat of your fancy if you fancy, some soya sauce (I use the gf one) and spices. 

For what it's worth when I was diagnosed the only thing I felt comfortable with was salads and dear god they can be boring. But I've fallen back in love with them, add in feta cheese, lime juice, pomegranates and some fried potatoes. Game changer! 

Hope this helps!

• Hey @Niamh Byrne i made a lovely lunch today! I used Asda Veggie Chorizo style sausages with some chopped peppers I did do salad with it and a slice of sour dough but you could swap out the lettuce and tomato with maybe same Mexican style rice! Was so yum and easy to make literally 15 mins!x

• Oh @Suzie McDonald that sounds lovely! Aw ladies I have been so lazy with my lunches going to placement the past week I've just been chucking a few pieces of fruit and a handful of berries/grapes in my lunchbag! I suppose they're not the worstb options though! The hospital I'm at do super yummy soups for less than 2euro which is pretty handy for a cold day. I'm just so lazy with meal prep hahaha

• @Niamh Byrne I'm d exact same,  wish I cud be more organised when it comes to food!!!! I either eat too much or too little

• @Niamh Byrne, I know it's probably a bit late and I hope you've found some fab lunch recipes by now but I share lots of healthy recipes on my instagram and at the moment I'm focusing on sharing some healthy but delicious lunch recipes (not just salad!) Falafels, soup, hummus & roast veg wrap, fried quinoa (a healthy take on fried rice) are all gorgeous options