z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Break time woes! | MaeveMadden

Break time woes!

• Hey Queens 👋

So today marked my first workout back since last Thursday (Brothers wedding so lots of celebrating was done in fairness) but i found i was totally disheartened! 

I have been doing these workouts since they first started on Instagram, back in March at least 4 a week if not more. I have loved every second of them and I really actually found myself missing them this week and at the weekend! My progress over this time has been absolutely amazing, both physically and mentally.

So 5 days off i thought, no problem I'll be straight back in to it! I done the 35 minute burn on Instagram from a few Saturdays ago, loved it then, and still love it now.

But omg!!! I thought i wasn't going to make it through, i even struggled with the Waka one of my faves!! I was so gutted how much i struggled, especially after the 28 day challenge i had been feeling so strong!! Does this happen anyone else? Is it normal to see such regression after such a short time? 

I know its totally fine to have an off day, but after 5 days off i didn't think i was due one. 

Don't get me wrong its not put me off one bit, im back now and more determined than ever to get back to it, but just thought I'd share my day with you all 😅

Happy Wednesday everyone 😊😊

• @Danielle McKay Happy Wednesday to u 2 Queen. I hope u had a brilliant day at the wedding & enjoyed the few days break. I completely understand where u r coming from. U wld think "ah its only a few days & I'll b straight back into it again" And bang 10 mins into 1st workout & ur nearly dead. For me I blame all the sugar & excuse the expression here, shite food I eat when I take a break. I wld eat stuff that I normally wldnt because I was on hols & it wld just drain me completely. It turns out that I was not getting enough nutrients from all the stuff I ate & it just sat there draining me plus I always seem to forget to drink enough water also so defo doesn't help. So no Queen u r not on ur own. But ur back in the game again girl so u're going to knock it out of the park as usual. 💓 

• @Audrey Browne thanks so much Audrey! Yeah it is actually mad the difference a few days makes doesn't it?? Well i was back again this morning, struggled a little at the start again but by the time sexy back came around i was back to top form and loving it, so hopefully that's me back to myself now 😅

Yeah totally agree on the food side too, without my workouts and bad food i am generally grumpier in general and much less energy and bad sleeps so im so glad to be back to my routine!

Thank you you've made me feel so much better about it 🥰🥰 

• @Danielle McKay audrey is so right, each day or wk can be so different and it cud be down to food, sleep,hormones etc. You did it, you felt better after and another day you'll feel so much stronger!!! The hardest part is doing it, well done queen!!!!! X

• @Carmel Mulvany thanks Carmel 🥰🥰 sometimes starting back is the hardest part but its all in my head 😁 gotta just push on!x

• @Danielle McKay once you have a few under ur belt you will be flying again!!! You've done d hard part!!! 👑👑👑👑

• Yes this happened to me I went away last weekend and was eating so badly and wasn't doing any workouts the whole time I was so worried that I wouldn't be able to jump straight back into it but it actually made me even more driven because I was feeling bloated and yucky. I think we need to remind ourselves to enjoy the nights out and celebrations and not to panic about the damage your doing once you just get back at it when you can. I took my measurments after the weekend thinking I would be back to square one again but I wasn't. Its all about consistency enjoying the wild weekends and the super spicy workouts. Don't be so hard on yourself queens life is also for the living!! xx

• @Danielle McKay I have experienced this before. In February I ran a half marathon for the first time and had been running frequently at different distances during the weeks before. So after the half I thought oh I can easily smash a PB doing a 5k park run. I hadn't run for a week after the half and did the 5k and it killed me! I was so surprised given I had managed to run a half marathon a week before. But it does come back quickly 😊, we should always take time to enjoy ourselves!! 

• @Sarah Williams @Emma Sullivan thanks so much girls appreciate it yous have all made me feel so much better 🥰🥰🥰

Sarah i feel ya on the half marathon thing too, exact same thing happened me last year after the Belfast half 😂 i hung up my running shoes straight after haha!