z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Long vs Short Workouts | MaeveMadden

Long vs Short Workouts

• I prefer the longer workouts during the week for that extra burn but wanted to open up a topic for people to weigh in on for@Maeve Madden ! 

• I actually prefer the shorter ones, just because I don't burn out as quickly but still find the work outs intense & can go all the way through without stopping no problem. I find it difficult to do this with the longer HIIT workouts. Do love them all though and the sense of achievement after any work out is fab! 🥳

• I actually like have the combo of short and long! Changes up the wk and is super fun!!! 

• I prefer the longer ones!!! I'm finding I use to burn on average 400cals per class and now I'm averaging around 300. Today was only 250. Wondering if this is because the class is a little shorter or if I'm just getting fitter. 💪🏻💪🏻 

• Loved today's workout. Like how you're mixing them up. It's really helped with my strength and stamina.

• @Sarah Marshall I notice I'm not burning as many calories either but I'm lifting heavier and that strength training today isnt as high cardio as other days but I think that type of training is better for seeing changes and toning on ur body!

• I really like the longer ones, but I do the majority of my workouts on my lunch break at work (working from home perks) so I'm actually finding the shorter ones much more manageable and unrushed which is lovely! Combo is perfect though 👌 

• @Alicia Colabella I love both of them tbh. I find that after the longer workouts I am buzzing & I get loads of stuff done at home. And then I love doing the short ones alongside Sweaty 7s. I get a good burn with both. I am lifting heavier weights & also tighter bands. So my endurance & strength has really improved 💪💪💪

• @Alicia Colabella I definitely prefer the longer ones. I feel like the shorter ones aren't as fun and I don't get as much of a burn.. yesterday was 250cals compared to my usually 400. But I think it's too early to tell how effective the shorter ones are..  

• I like the shorter ones during the week because it is easier to fit in with work and kids etc. I love both though.

• I struggle to get the longer ones in midweek between work and spending time with my child, would definitely manage more workouts midweek if they were shorter. The long ones are great for weekends and days off, so I suppose having the option between the two types is ideal !

• I way prefer the long workouts 

• Good morning queens,

I noticed that the short once like Saturday's workout made me sweat so much and it was quite short but I still burned 400 cal, instead of a long once which I'm not burning as much as I used to . I think it's not about how long is the workout but what is the workout...

If it is more weights and less HIIT of course we will burn less but we will define our muscles more. 

I think the matter of long or short is just a matter of time more than a matter of burning calories. 

I personally prefer to mix them and anyway having more HIIT than weights.

I do enjoy sweating but I love as well to see some new shapes in my body.

I'm sure @Maeve Madden will find the right balance!!!

Have a great week queens

• Hi Queens, thanks for bringing this to my attention RE: your calorie burn.  

Variety is not only the spice of life, but the key to getting a better, leaner, stronger body, Doing only cardio workouts or the same strength workout over and over means you are sacrificing the opportunity to build lean muscle mass and challenge your body in new ways.  Hence we mix up the workouts.  Some workouts are long and some are short bursts. 

We have this association that sweating equals calories burned, and that's actually not accurate, booo, and some of us feel a huge sense of achievement when we are so insanely sweaty, which is out body just cooling us down. 

When it comes to the calorie burn the hiit workouts will always be the bigger burner, however HIIT and strength training do go hand in hand.

When it comes to an intense exercise like HIIT,  doing it every day puts you at risk for injury, overtraining, mental burnout, and prevents your muscles from recovering and getting stronger.  So when we add weights to the workouts we get a long lasting calorie burn building more muscle and strenghtening the body at the same time.  

• @Helen Madden hi helenhope you enjoyed todays workout..

• @Carmel Mulvany used your new song 

• @Maeve Madden so right queen!! You always say it perfectly!!!!! X

• @Maeve Madden oooooh woohooo that's brilliant xxx

• @Maeve Madden Loved it! You are so right about variety and I think I am just fitter and so obviously not burning as much, but that's ok! I need to PUSH myself more ... it's definitely not all about calorie burn. I'm really enjoying getting more toned. Like you, I don't think I've actually lost any weight and am happy, but can definitely feel a difference in how my clothes fit which is amazing! 👑💪 

• Hiii I can't find the Saturday lives on insta, at least the newest ones :/ Unfortunately, I live in the US so I am never able to do the workouts right at the live time including the insta ones. Love being part of this team! I think I'm on 8 or 9 weeks now

• 1 / 2