z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Sober October | MaeveMadden

Sober October

• Hey ladies, who else is wanting to join me on going sober this October? Don't know if anyone else can relate but I have definitely found myself drinking a lot more this year. I'm not sure if it has been my way of dealing with lockdown or just a way of differentiating the week from the weekend but I definitely need to cut down. Managed not to drink for a couple of weeks there and felt better for it. My overall health, skin, sleep and energy levels suffer after drinking and I find it takes my body half the week to recover. 

One of my mini goals for the Christmas Coundown will be to reduce my alcohol consumption so putting it up here so that I can be held accountable. 😅

• I'd love to...but I might still treat myself to a little glass on the weekend haha!!!! So I'm not really very helpful am I?!😖

It would be a big achievement for me though as I've found myself drinking every evening 🤦‍♀️ not loads but once I put my 6 month old to bed I have a mini celebration 🥂🤣

I'll be here to encourage you though, although you're totes gonna nail it!!! and I'll do sober midweek October too 😳 if you'll have me ha!

• Girls I'm in!!!!! Defo wanna take a wee break from alcohol! Count me in for sure!!!!! X

• I'll definitely join you. Might have to avoid the supermarket on Friday evenings after work though 🤣 Straight to the prosexy and crisps 

• @Sinead Marmion oooh snap,  fridays are d hardest for me too!!

• @Katie Rynne Haha! Such an easy habit to get into though. You can still join us even if you're just cutting it down to the weekends. At least we're all here to support each other when it gets tough!

Weekends will definitely be really hard for me, especially if I meet up with other people as it's so hard to say no when everyone else is drinking. 

• @Carmel Mulvany @Sinead Marmion Yay thanks for joining ladies! Have definitely found myself buying a bottle of prosexy or two on a Friday night to celebrate the weekend so it's going to be tough! Also find myself looking forward to it a lot throughout the week. We've got each others backs! Maybe we just need to be creative with how we replace it! x 

• Torturous Friday evening making 1 million excuses as to why I should have a drink. Battled on sober. Zero hangover smugness in the morning. I'm sure I'll be bored of that soon! 😂 

• Hey ladies! How are you all getting on? Not long to go now! Not gonna lie there have been days I have struggled. Last night I felt so stressed after a horrible day. Took a lot of will power to pull myself away from the alcohol isle when I was in the supermarket. Also as I live in Glasgow all bars and restaurants with an alcohol liscence have been shut for a few weeks now. You would think this would make it easier for me but having the choice taken away made me want to drink more 😂 I do feel better for it though. Guessing some of ou may be in lockdown as well though which I can imagine has made things difficult? Hope you're all keeping well! x

• Hi all!!! Well I've struggled alot to be honest too! Had 1 or 2 on friday nights and none other days. Found this manageable as we are in full lockdown again and wks are crazy busy, do come friday I just love to have wee glass! Its bloody tough girls..... xxx

• @Carmel Mulvany We all have to have our treats too whether it be sugar or alcohol - everything in moderation 🥳 We deserve it, the world that we are living in at the moment is tough on us all! 

• @Carmel Mulvany @Julia Knudsen Yeah we're only human. There's not a lot we're allowed to do at the moment so we're allowed to treat ourselves. Because I didn't drink last night I ended up eating loads of chocolate instead 😂 what a year this has been!

• @Amy Johnston absolutely hun!!!! It's been stress central but we r getting through it thank god! Thanks to team queen 😊😊😘😘

• @Amy Johnston@Carmel Mulvany we certainly are allowed to treat ourselves 🥰🥰 it has been a tough year but we will and are getting through to - we have our Team Queen family 💕💕