z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

A big moan | MaeveMadden

A big moan

• Does anyone know any good stretches for calf muscles and feet? I'm nearly unable to do moves like shuffles and jumping now because my feet and calves get so sore during them. I'm wondering if it's because I'm wearing high heels everyday now that I'm back at work?

Also wondered if anyone knows whether your calorie burn is higher or lower depending on the time of day you do the workout? I definitely get a higher calorie burn at the weekend when I do it fasted in the morning. It's starting to get me down that I'm not getting the same burn or heart rate when I do them later in the day after work 😔 Dunno if I'm just tired or if it's because I've eaten more by that time etc

PS I know I'm being a big moan, I do absolutely love my job and feel very grateful to have one at the mo but I'm just frustrated that I'm not giving team queen my all like I was during lockdown....

• I suffer terribly with my calfs, I bought these little foot roller massage things, they are spikey, from Amazon and I just rub them on my calfs and it helps them. Also it's hard to describe but if you stand on the edge of a step or ledge and push your heels down, so that just your toes are on the ledge and your heels are pushing down towards the floor? That stretches calfs too. My calorie burn is better after a days work so I think that it just differs for everyone but I feel the same, grateful to have a job but wishing I could go back to the live's every day!

• Oh thanks so much, I'll look those roller things up on amazon! 

• @Laura C So sorry you're having this problem! I had issues with foot pain & it turned out to be my plantar fascia that were so sore - they're kind of right at the arch of your foot almost. My doctor said the heels I wore for work too would aggravate this as it extends them for much of the day so that when I got home and got my feet flat the plantar fascia were aggravated from being in that position. If you can't find a roller on Amazon, my doctor said I could just use tennis balls to roll out that part of the foot and help with the sore muscles. It was really painful at first but now I do it daily and it's helped so much. Hope you're feeling better soon!

• @Laura C Hi Laura, sorry you're having trouble with feet and calf muscles. Think roller and step stretches will help. How about your trainers? My feet and legs in general were sore until I got a new pair and the difference has been huge! I got Nike Pegasus trainers and absolutely love them. Lots of support and bounce! 😊

As for calorie burn, try not to focus on it too much. You're probably fitter than before lockdown but also possibly more relaxed working out at weekend without work pressure. Take care x

• Oh thanks ladies for the tips, my amazon order arrives on Monday so going to try those out. I've never heard of plantar fascia, I'll look it up and diagnose myself on google 😂😂