z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

lower back ache | MaeveMadden

lower back ache

• Hi team queen!

I seem to be getting lower back ache and not sure if it's caused by the workouts? Has anyone experienced this or has any advice of things to do during the workout to help me? I absolutely love these workouts and really don't want to stop.

thanks queens

Jo

• @Joanna LawI hate anything that effects the back but u should seriously put that question to @Maeve MADDEN or DM  @maeve_madden, as she is best qualified to advise u on this & why it may b happening & give u alternatives. We have had a few questions regarding same on the lives & she answered all questions. Hope it gets better soon for u Joanna. 👑

• @Joanna Law Hi! Yes I noticed today that my lower back was sore doing good mornings and side leg raises but I think I just need a good stretch. Sometimes lower back pain can be from tight glutes or hamstrings too... it's all connected! But yes def ask Maeve as a professional, maybe there are alternatives to some exercises.

• Hello!!! I noticed that on myself too and it happens to me when I do not concentrate doing the burpees properly... So when I notice that I engage my core better... Check with @Maeve Madden  but it would be nice if you share with us her reply... 

Thanks

• Lower back pain is common after workouts, After all, your back plays a big role in a number of exercises. Part of building muscle involves creating slight tears as you burpee, plank, lift, etc. However, the microtrauma associated with this can sometimes result in pain. This type of pain could last for up to 72 hours after you work out. 

Specific muscles in your back become overstimulated and under-stretched, esp if your sitting at a desk all day, driving in a car, watching tv with little back support.

The right stretches help calm low-back spasms,

Lie on your stomach and place your hands on the floor as if you were starting a push-up. press just your upper body up, allowing your lower back to relax by keeping your hips close to the ground. Hold for a few seconds. Also our cat cow Britney is a great exercise or, Lie on your back, tucking the kneed into your chest, when hugging your knees rock forward and back. 

Applying ice/cold pack to your back first, Once the inflammation has subsided, use heat therapy, I would use a warm hot water bottle. When you apply heat, it improves the flexibility of soft tissues, movement of muscles, and overall functioning of the back.

When in doubt always rest, up to 72 hours, but try and get in some brisk walking. If the pain lasts longer then visit your local gp / physio

• @Maeve Madden thank you so much!!

• @Maeve Madden Thanks for the stretches - will definitely do those. What would you recommend if you struggle with back pain during workouts? I find "good mornings" and some similar positions are really tricky at the moment and don't want to do any damage.

• @Maeve Madden oh thank you Maeve I'm on day 6 now of lower back pain, couldn't move for two, was so enjoying the Christmas challenge too! Physio definitely getting hit up today!