z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Getting back on track...slowly | MaeveMadden

Getting back on track...slowly

• hi everyone, i haven’t been on here properly in ages. I was offline for a while after being into it since June. I’d been doing sessions 4/5 times a week since then, which I loved and had seen great progress in my strength and confidence but unfortunately an unexpected family bereavement in October knocked me sideways and I wasn’t able to do anything for a few weeks. I’ve been struggling over the last few weeks getting back on track...  I’m not pushing myself too hard because 2020 has been such a tough year all round and I’m just about balancing family, work, life at the moment. It was a struggle to do the first workout again but it’s getting easier now - easier to start it I mean, I’m completely wrecked by the end of them! Still, it’s good to know there’s others out there doing the same workouts to the tunes and I love hearing all the comments and names mentioned (on catch up as I can’t make the lives normally)! With tomorrow being 1 December, I’m going to do my best to stay on track and check in here too until Christmas! I’ll need to balance all the chocolate and wine anyway!! Thanks as always for all the positivity in the forum and the workouts - it really does work to make yourself smile 😀 

• @Julianne Hickey so sorry for ur loss Julianne. U r still grieving Queen, so of crse its hard to even think of working out. Take the time to look after yourself too Queen, we always seem to leave ourselves to last. I have found that Esters yoga can be quite helpful in letting me have"my time". We're with u all the way Julianne. 🤗🤗💞💞💞👑👑👑❤️❤️❤️

• @Julianne Hickey I'm so so glad you're being gentle with yourself queen. I'm so sorry for your loss, sending lots of love your way! You should be proud for showing yourself grace and don't be hard on yourself!! I know for me if I take a couple days break the mentle hump to get over to get moving is often the biggest obstacle and then once I'm 2-3 songs in I find myself smiling so can definitely relate. I hope this holiday season is a gentle one for you and you're able to enjoy the December workouts - every day is a fresh start and take it one day at a time!! All the best 💙

• @Audrey Browne so true queen i absolutely LOVE esther's classes as a way to exercise my mind as well as my body! hope you're well :)

• @Julianne Hickey love and light to you and your family 🥰 I hope all the different type of workouts we have hear can help you to clear your head a bit, even if its just for an hour or so a day xo

• @Julianne Hickey I'm so sorry for your loss, it's amazing that you are getting back on track already. Take it day by day and work your way back up, taking part in the classes will help lift your mood and provide some time where your mind will only focus on the workout! xx

• @Julianne Hickey awh queen, firstly I want to say I'm so sorry for your loss! This year has been awful, let along having to go through that too!!!! Secondly I want to say WELL DONE for starting back.... that's d hardest part done!!! It's just onwards and upwards for you queen!!!! So proud!! Xx

• Thanks everyone, bring on 2021! 

• @Julianne Hickey So sorry for your loss- like others have said take it day-by-day, or even hour by hour. no-one is getting out of 2020 unscathed, and I'm sorry you've been through more than most. Don't be hard on yourself in terms of strength and fitness, enjoy the workouts for what they are and hopefully Maeve's insane (in a nice way!) energy rubs off and brings you as much of a smile as it does for me! I was saying on another thread- for those days where you just don't feel able but also might want to do something, there's a 20 cardio workout in the library which is so short but will leave you feeling pumped even if you only give it like 10%!!! 

Glad you felt comfortable knowing this is a space to share your experience, and we are always here to support in our wonderful Queen's community!!!