z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Diary 2021 - Believe - Believe - Achieve | MaeveMadden

Diary 2021 - Believe - Believe - Achieve

• @Meabh Reilly Awww no Queen, I hope u're doing OK now. And ur partner too. So glad Week 1 was a good one for u doll & I agree there's nothing like a routine. I also hope that Week 2 went as u wld have liked Meabh & that it wasn't too tiring for u. Keep up ur strength as much as u can Queen. We do take a lot for granted don't we, like as u said a simple walk. Stay safe Meabh get well soon Queen 👑 👑 👑 ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ 

• @Laura Heath Heya Queen & welcome. As @Nik Farrugia there are a few topics about fitbit & apple watches. It really is down to what u want from one. I do think that the apple has more to offer, I have a fitbit versa 2 as that was the more affordable option for me. It works fine for me I still think there r a few teething problems with it like syncing to the app but it will do for me for now. Have a look at the topics & hopefully they will help. Sorry for being so late in replying to ur message. 

• Hi Queens, I must start with apologising for not being on sooner to reply to ur posts. This week kind of got away from me.

So just checking to see how Week 3 was for u all. Did u believe, did u achieve????? 

• Week 3 for me 🤔 ! Honestly it was a weird one. My back was being very good to me so I was thrilled. I completed all of the daily workouts, hydration was fantastic. My steps were as I wanted 10-15k +, for the first half of the week, however the 2nd part of the week went down hill for me. I kind of lost my mojo even though I did my workouts I cldnt muster the energy or the want to go for my walks. I didn't eat or sleep great either. I cldnt for the life of me figure out what was up. BUT then I got a reminder on my fitbit to say that my period was due. Now I'm at the menopause stage in my life 🥵🤬🤬(it's a man's world🤨) so my period has stopped but I still seem to be going through the pre&post periods systoms ie lack of motivation, energy & restlessness to name a few. So I was happy to figure out the cause of my "Blah" week.

There is always a reason, an answer for lack of motivation, energy, restlessness etc, so never fear all these will b shortlived & ull b back to urself in no time.

So we r starting Week 3. 😳Who is ready for it🤗. Who wants to get stronger? Who wants to get fitter? Who wants to workout to some fantastic music. Who wants to have some fun. Finally who wants to workout with the best group of people EVER. #teamqueen #queensdontquit #queenssupportingqueens. We've got this girls. C u on the dance floor. Have an absolute amazing Week 3 Queens. #believebelieveachieve. 👑👑❤️❤️❤️

• @Audrey Browne hey love the idea of a diary I like to think how each week I feel different and hope to start seeing a difference. I have done this challenge mainly as something to look forward to each day to get me through this ground hog life at the moment ha! But also to get toned up. Week 2 I felt really tired but with all the queens bringing the energy I think I did 6 workouts and I'm really feeling the benifit today! Week 3 I'm feeling stronger and full of energy. It may have been all the carbs last night from pizza but I'm going with it! Let's hope it continues and next week is even stronger.

Hope you have a better week and you get your mojo back! Let's go girls!

• @Lauren Murdoch hiya Queen, well done Lauren smashing 6 workouts. U're killing it doll, u're an inspiration. U will definitely see changes & u will love them. I know what u mean about groundhog life I think everyone is feeling the same. QDQ is seriously what we need to keep us sane. I always think :- week 1 = we go hell for leather. Week 2 = we're exhausted from Week 1 & then on week 3 we're finding our middle ground. So I think we're all at our middle ground finally. Have a brilliant week Lauren I have no fear u will smash it too. 🤗 👑👑👑❤️❤️❤️

• I feel like going into week 3 I already feel so much stronger than I did in week 1 and 2 💪 I feel acomplished that I did both workouts today as usually I'd just do either a morning session or an evening session and I felt amazing afterwards! I feel like my diet has still been a bit off, I'm struggling to cut down the treats so this week I'm definitely going to try to make my main meals bigger so I don't want as many treats 🤞🤞 I feel like I'll get a good sleep tonight, I'm so tired after today's workouts but I feel like it's nice to actually be tired from something in the evenings instead of being tired doing nothing 🙌 

Last week I was super good with doing my workouts but I really felt like it was only towards the end of the week that I felt like I could really push myself, this week I've definitely already been pushing myself and I really hope that continues 🤞 My aim for this week is to get my diet sorted a wee bit, to cut down the treats slightly, my dad gave me a wee tip earlier that if I brush my teeth in the evening after my dinner that it will make me not want to have treats and I think I might give it a go a few days a week but I'm a sucker for my cup of tea before bed 😍 

I'm already feeling so much stronger this week, after today's workouts I feel that I could take on the world. I'm just so excited to be doing the workouts and I've been feeling super confident recently which is another plus, I've been thinking you know what this is the only body I have I might as well appreciate it and it's really made me appreciate my body more 🙌

I have a full day of lectures so will be buzzing for combat queens to get all my anger and stress out 😂 will definitely be doing a @Beth Haughian on it with the punches tomorrow evening 🤣💪

• @Niamh Byrne hahahaha love it Niamh!!! Honestly I can't even tell how much it literally cleansed my SOUL last week 😂😂😂 

And omg she has asked for another meeting at 10am tomorrow and I swear if the same thing happens as last week I swear to god 🤯😂 Keep an eye on your Twitter feed I have no doubt I'll be ranting 🥴

I think she is only just picking herself up off the floor after the KO I performed 😂😂😂 Hope she knows there's an army of Queens that will quite happily take her on if required lol 

• @Audrey Browne Aw Audrey I really hope you're feeling better this week queen 💛 Honestly hormones can be the most annoying things sometimes, you said it it really is a man's world but we are Queen's and we fight through it 💪 Even though you didn't have the week you expected you've still maintained your positive attitude and I absolutely love that about you Queen 💛 

I'm super glad your back is feeling better and I have no doubt you will come out of week 3 stronger than ever 👑 Like Maeve said this morning I think it has started to get easier this week and I feel like I've formed the habit and my body has given me so much energy! I'm sure you'll have you're usual energy back in no time queen 👑❤️❤️

• @Beth Haughian Hahahahaha Beth you're hilarious 😂 She should be thankful that you're meeting her virtually and not in real life because you might end up going combat queen mode on her 😂😂 I hope she shows up on time! You should tell her you have other important meetings that need attending! 
    Definitely will be keeping an eye 😂 

• @Audrey Browne thanks so much queen!! We're doing good now, thankfully he got through it with only mild symptoms and I didn't develop any at all. My sleep & routine was way off last week though but managed to do a few short workouts. Feeling much better this week, loved Sweaty 7s arms today think it's my favourite 💪 onwards & upwards, delighted to get some walks in too!

Hope you're having a good week so far & feeling better than last week!! Thanks for checking in with everyone you're such a great motivator keeping us all going 💛👑

• @Meabh Reilly aw Queen so glad ure all on the mend, so good to hear. In fairness to u for still getting workouts & walks in. Seriously queening it doll. Well here's wishing u a fantastic week 4 Meabh, I know u'll smash it Queen 👑 👑 👑 ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ 

• Oh wow Queens, the end of another week. Boom Week 3 done dusted, how fast r the weeks going by! Well I hope it was a good week for u Queens, I have no doubt u r all knocking this challenge out of the park. Making urselves proud. Remember this is all about u & all for u, so enjoy the heck out of it.

Week 3 for me, 🤔🤔🤔 let me see! It was a weird one. Workouts -Great - all of them completed everyday except for lottie's which I'm gutted about but I had to rest in order to avoid a very possible injury. Hydration - Great - sticking with 2.5 litres at mo. Now Sleep & Screen time - these 2 go hand in hand for me at mo & it's all Bridgerton's fault🙄 - obsessed with it. Fell back into my habit of going to bed late this week & up early 🙄. So that's going to be kicked into touch again. Steps for me didn't happen due to my achilles acting up. I had a lot of trouble with a burning/tearing feeling in the back of my foot all week on & off throughout the day so much so I struggled to stand on it. Now this was weird as it didn't bother me while I was working out only when I was resting. So I need to follow up on that. Fingers crossed steps will be better for  Week 4. Meals - Honestly? another bit of disaster here for me, while I have stopped the snacking I'm struggling with my food. I'm 2 wks in now where I have absolutely no interest in any meals. I am eating just for the sake of it as I know I need to fuel my body but not feeling or wanting to eat. I'm not sick or anything just not hungry. I thought it was that I was drinking 2 much water near to 3 ltrs so I went back down to 2.5 litres a day & still no change. So here I need to look into maybe some extra vitamins to give me a boost. There u have it Queens a bit of a weird one for me this week. But I am aware & I will fix it. This is all about me & for me, what I want and need.

I am wishing u all the most amazing Week 4. I have every faith that u all have it in the bag already. So Queens let's go smash another week of QDQ workouts 💪💪💪🔥🔥🔥🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️👑👑👑❤️❤️❤️

• @Audrey Browne great to hear how your week has been and you smashed the workouts! I know all about staying up late 🙄 but I can not get up in the morning! I got a lumie alarm clock delivered today so I'm excited to see if that makes a difference... I could be a morning person! Doubt it haha. 
    Can't believe it's week 4 already, week 3 felt so good I really did feel a lot stronger. I only have 3 and 5kg dumbbells so I mostly do arms with 3 and lower body weights with 5 but while doing sweaty 7s I felt like I could go up. Maybe not around the world with 5kg lol. I think I'll try it this week but mostly focus on tucking it in and keeping the tummy tight before jumping up. I did 9 workouts this week which I felt on sat I was so tired during the IG class so I may have found my max but all the classes are so good I wana do them all! 
    I'm the exact opposite to you with food! I was soo hungry this weekend. I haven't changed my food and feel like I'm still eating all the Christmas chocolate. Over the next couple of weeks I'm deffo going to focus on cutting out the crap. Don't wana speak too soon but I think I'm starting to tone up!

Hope everyone has a fab week, let's smash it 👑 xx

• A bit late to the party but love this idea and thread!

Restarter here - was here at the beginning but then we went back to work and everything end up in the air with the C word.

I'm meant to be a bridesmaid in July (fingers crossed, we've been pushed back a year already!), and I would love to feel gorgeous in my dress. I want to become more confident and comfortable in myself, so what better start than in lockdown?

Two beginner workouts down, and they were killer but amazing. I actually messaged Maeve yesterday about it. I was in such a terrible mood yesterday and the songs and the cheeriness really brought me around again! 

Not gonna lie, a bit disappointed that i didn't wake up this morning with abs.. who knew? 🤣

• @Lauren Murdoch ooh Queen let me know how the lumie clock is going for u. I'm OK to get up no matter how late I go to bed but eventually my energy levels do start to drop which is why I take  Sunday off I have a long lazy lie in & then get in a good walk at some stage during the day. Queen 9 Workouts whopwhop I love it u're absolutely killing it 🙌🙌🙌🙌. Lauren I tried doing around the world with 5kgs & it nearly killed me. I honestly wasn't ready. I use 4kg now still but will move up eventually to 5kg but I'm not going to rush it. I'm nearly there but not pushing it yet. So take ur time as u don't want to lose ur technique & cld possibly injure urself especially ur shoulder or neck & to come back from those injuries takes forever. So Queen as I like to say - slowly slowly catchie monkey 🙌🤗💪. Thank god all my Xmas choc is gone. Appetite still not back but fingers crossed that will change. Lauren have the most amazing Week 5 I know u're going to smash it. 💪💪💪. C u on the dance floor Queen 👑 👑 👑 ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ 

• @Caoimhe O'Connor welcome back Queen, and u've come back with determination which is excellent. I have every faith that u've got this in the bag already Caoimhe. Yes yes yes u r going to look MORE beautiful in ur bridesmaids dress & u will b MORE confident. Believe Believe Achieve Queen. Caoimhe 😂😂😂I'm like u I feel that because I feel the pain of doing abs they will be there the following morning. But have no fear doll they r on the way. 🙌🙌🙌🙌. So glad the workouts r helping to cheer u up. Nothing better than dancing away those blues & bad moods. It's my new thing now,I love music & it's always blasting throughout the day & the minute my youngest son (23) comes anywhere me all we do is dance, it's hysterical but it so does perk us up. Queen im wishing u the most fantastic Week 5 get out there & smash it doll, show us what u can do. 🙌🙌🙌👑👑👑❤️❤️❤️

• So Queens that's Week 4 knocked out the park for me. Very happy with how it went for me. I loved the new class with Tracey & all the new routines Maeve brought with her. I had a load of new sore muscles this week which I loved. 

12 Workouts completed with great gusto & what an absolute amazing selection we have. My steps were excellent getting 10k walks in most days. Hydration excellent 2.5 ltrs a day. Sleep is up & down - actually sleep isn't the problem it's getting to bed early thats the problem so thats my aim for Week 5 to change that. Diel/meal plan - my meal plan is great  I still make out my menu for the week but when it's time to organise & eat it that is when everything goes out the window. I have even batch cooked for the week ahead but its still my appetite that is the problem no interest in food at all. I'm forcing myself to eat at this stage. This week was shocking for me I survived on a banana from 8.45 am to 7pm most days. Then at 7pm I'm making myself eat something, which is mostly weetabix or oatmeal & berries.i didn't miss food or feel hungry for food at all. Although I did get breakfast in bed this morning so that was consumed. I don't know how I'm still standing as this is going on for nearly 3 wks now so I seriously shld have no energy at all. I've bn to see doctor & everything seems to be OK so I'm kind of lost as what to do next. So any tips or ideas Queens wld be greatly received.

So that's my story for Week 4. I hope u had a great week 4. Here's to u all having an absolute amazing Week 5 Queens. 👑👑👑❤️❤️❤️

• @Audrey Browne Ah i love that your son dances with you! That's so sweet!! Well done on finishing your week :) I've just done my final workout of the week. Going to venture out beyond the beginner sessions next week twice just to see. I did Tracy's class on Friday, and it was so good! :)  

• @Caoimhe O'Connor I love seeing that determination in u Queen. Caoimhe whatever u want, u go get it. This is ur journey make sure u get everything u can out of it. So excited so see ur post next week doll. Let's go kick some Week 5 ass. 🙌🙌🙌🥰🥰👑👑👑❤️❤️❤️