z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Diary 2021 - Believe - Believe - Achieve | MaeveMadden

Diary 2021 - Believe - Believe - Achieve

• @Audrey Browne I'm the same as you with the sleep, I really need to start getting to bed early this week! 
    I feel like my week did get away from me a bit with hormones, college and just feeling bleugh but I'm determined to turn it around for the week to come and I'm manifesting all the positivity 🤞🏻🤞🏻 I think I got 9 workouts done last week which to be fair I'm quite proud of given that it was so manic 🙌🏻 Aiming to get the 10 next week but I'll be happy with 8 or 9 depending on college work! 
    I also am really trying to get my steps up this week, the weather has been so miserable and I haven't been out for walks at all so going to aim for 15 minutes at least every day this week and hopefully I'll increase it, it's a matter of getting out between the showers these days 😅🌧 

The past two weeks I've felt myself getting stronger so really going to try and push myself this week when my hormones calm down and try get the most out of week 5, so excited 💕👑

• @Audrey Browne the lumie light is actually really good. There was a few setting issues but when I got there it's good. It definitely wakes me up in a nicer way not an alarm that jolts you awake (although if you use the noice alarms they are really loud!). Getting out of bed is still a prob, but when you aren't leaving the house to go to work it's soo hard! It also has a setting for a sun set where the light takes half an hour to slowly lower that might help you to wind down and get off to sleep. Audrey you are a machine!! Around the world with 4kg and looking to go up! Well done and 12 workouts last week you are smashing it!! Amazing queen!! 👑

• Week 4 done 7 workouts for me! I felt strong through the week but it was the time of the month so a bit sluggish. I took the weekend off as last week I was dead on the sat workout but it's meant I have been able to set today off strong. I did try to use the 5kg for some of the arm moves which felt good. I really liked fit and fierce this week, really felt it in the bum the next day! 
    For Feb I am going to move it up a level put more into the workouts and be better with the diet and drink. Only 28 days of working hard to see what difference it makes and before we know it it will be spring which will hopefully bring so many good things! Let's smash it queens! 👑👑👑 

• @Niamh Byrne Queen 1st off congrats on ur exam results well done u. So proud Niamh 👏👏🙌🙌🙌.  Wow doll u had an absolute amazing week, u're smashing it & I know u're defo going to smash Week 5. Omg its a man's world isn't it? Hormones really hit us from every angle don't they. I love that we r getting so much stronger week by week. Maeve is going to have her hands full trying to keep up with us at this stage. Have a fantastic week Niamh & give it loads 👑👑👑❤️❤️❤️

• @Lauren Murdoch oooh Queen it sounds fantastic the lumie alarm. Just might invest in one. Congrats on a fantastic Queen Lauren u slayed it. I love that u r pushing urself Queen. As I said to Niamh I love how much stronger we r. I don't envy Maeve the job of trying to keep up with us now. 🙌🙌🙌. Lauren have a fantastic Week 5 I know u're going to slay it. 👑👑👑❤️❤️❤️

• @Audrey Browne thanks so much Audrey ❤️❤️ Aw it definitely is a mans world! Only starting to feel somewhat like myself again today but hopefully I'll be able to have a super strong week 5 & 6 now 💪🏻🤞🏻 I hope your week is going okay so far queen 👑 I see you've been smashing all the workouts so far! I'm going to hopefully catch spicy Circuits just before combat queens this evening and then might catch Francesca's class tomorrow morning or Friday morning, my workouts are just as important as my lectures at this stage 😂🙌🏻

• @Niamh Byrne Heya Queen i have no doubt u smashed Week 5 🙌🙌🙌💪💪💪💪👑👑👑❤️❤️❤️

• Heya Queens I hope ure all keeping well & that week 5 was good to u. What a week 5 it was though such fantastic workouts. I'm still blown away with the selection we have to choose from. Where else wld u get it!! 🙌🙌🙌🙌

Anyway week 5 for me was quite successful. Very very happy with it.  As it turns out I completed 13 workouts which I was thrilled with. My hydration was very good, my sleep was 👌. My steps were fantastic. I did a 10km walk everyday for week 5 which I aim to continue in week 6 & thereafter. I was so happy to have hit over 20,000 steps everyday. So ya dead chuffed with myself. 🤗🤗

Now my eating has improved a bit as in I found my appetite making an appearance a few times during the week so fingers crossed that will continue to improve 🙏🙏🙏. 

So Queens here wishing u all the most amazing Week 6. Let's get out there & smash it. C u all on the QDQ dance floor 💃💃💃🥰👑👑👑❤️❤️❤️

• @Audrey Browne you absolutely smashed week 5 queen 👏🏻 And your 10k's too! Absolutely AMAZING 🤩💕💕 

My week 5 was pretty good, I completed 7 workouts and managed to get 10,000 steps every day! Not much compared to your 20,000 but previously I was getting 5/6,000 a day max so so proud of myself for getting 70,000+ steps this week which hasn't happened for a long time! 😅 quite proud of myself because I even braved the rain and cold which would usually turn me off walking straight away! I was up and at it before 8:30 every morning this week (except today lol sundays are my stay in bed day😂😂) which I'm delighted with because me and my bed have gotten into too much of an attachment since lockdown, especially lockdown three! 

Think I'm going to aim for 9 workouts this week, scheduling my week at the minute and feel like there's a decent few opportunities to work out between the studies! 🤞🏻🤞🏻 Also was at the osteopath during the week so hoping the wee corrections she made will really let me push myself fully without my knee having a tantrum 😂😂😂 Aw so excited for this week I can't believe we're on week 6 already! Even though it seems like forever since the start of January the challenge weeks seem to be flying? 😂😂 SUPER excited for HIIT on Friday too! So looking forward to this week and to feeling stronger 💪🏻💕💕💕

• @Niamh Byrne awww Queen I knew ud smash it. Yessssssss Niamh well done u. 💪.  Oh I so agree with u the challenge is going by so fast. Too fast. But I discovered something while I was out walking this morning. Even though I was so up for the challenge & did almost all of what I set out to do I realised that I truly didn't give it my all in January. Whether it was just the January blues or something I don't know but I definitely had a lot more in the bottle to give but I just cldnt summon up the mood for it. So that I think was in my head coming into February.

Niamh i hope ur knee holds up for u.  I know ull b careful with it. Also I know for sure that ur going into this week so prepared & organised that u r sooooo going to smash it. I hope u have the most amazing, fantastic & successful week 6. Looking forward to seeing you on the QDQ dance floor Queen. U r gonna rock this 🙌🙌🙌🥰🥰👑👑👑❤️❤️❤️

• Well done queens you guys are smashing it! Audrey I have no idea how you manage to get those steps in around all those workouts but sounds like it's working really well for you and glad your getting your appetite back!

I can't believe it is week 6 totally with you Niamh feels like a year since Christmas but the workouts go past so quickly it's really the only thing I look forward to each day. That and cookies! 

Week 5 was great managed 9 workouts and really enjoyed it! Loving the superwoman push ups I can actually do real ones now. I thought I could before but I was arching my back and probs pushing myself off the ground with my tummy 🙈 but now I feel much stronger and can stay level the whole way up! Small wins, I'll take it!

Good luck for week 6! Let's go girls! 👑👑

• @Lauren Murdoch Heya Queen, I hope u had an amazing Week 6. U smashed Week 5 well done Lauren over the moon for u. Well done on ur pushups, I can imagine how excited u r about that. No better feeling Queen. Oh I just love push ups & like u im seeing great improvements in my tricep push ups. I used to be able to do 30 - 35 regular push ups twice a day until I dislocated my elbow 2 years ago & after that I was quite nervous of it popping out again but last year I start growing more confident again with the pushups so I'm nearly back to where I want to be & fingers crossed further again.

I can't believe how fast the weeks r going it's frightening. Week 7 2moro 😲😲😲😲😲😲. Well Lauren I'm wishing u the most amazing Week 7 & I hope u achieve what u want to achieve. Make sure to add just one more push up to ur count this week. I know u can do it doll. 🙌🙌🙌👑👑👑❤️❤️❤️

• Well Queens another week done & dusted. I hope u all had a great Week. Let me know how it went for u.

I was very happy with my week all told. Sleep - very good/Hydration - excellent Workouts - 12 completed this week Steps - maintained over 22500 per day this was done with 10k daily walks although Thurs weather was atrocious so I didn't get a walk in but got on our spinning bike instead to clock up steps & kms. Also had to buy a new phone as my old one packed up so I was unable to post my 10k's the last 2 days. So ya very happy with all of the above.

My food intake is improving week by week my walks seem to be helping in building up an appetite so the aim is to attempt having 2 meals a day now. I truly don't understand how I am still standing on barely one meal a day. I still need to figure out what has happened here😲. I am going into Week 7 strong & looking to finish it stronger. 

Wishing all the Queens the most amazing Week 7. Wishing u all the strength to hold urself up. The strength to know that u've got this & no one can take ur journey away from u. U've got this Queens. Week 7 is urs. Grab it with both hands #queensdontquit, 👑👑👑❤️❤️❤️

• I really can't believe it's coming into week 7 already! @Audrey Browne fair play to you for keeping track hahaha I'm finding it so easy to lose track if time these days. 

Week 6 was so quite good for me. I felt super strong and energetic in my workouts and finally have started gathering the confidence to post sweaty selfies on instagram stories, it's only taken nearly a year 😅😂 Would like to thank the very supportive queens and especially @Sian Townend for giving me a wee confidence boost ❤️ I got out for a walk every day this week too which I was delighted with, most were only 3 or 4km because lectures are just taking up so much of my day at this stage but I got my 70,000 steps over the 7 days again this week so compared to three or four weeks ago that's a massive improvement for me which I am DELIGHTED with. My diet has been better again this week I think, not been snacking as much during lectures and waking up earlier on mornings I have 9am lectures to have my breakfast before the lecture, I used to end up eating my breakfast during early lectures but definitly find myself distracted and hungry again within an hour when I do it so trying to avoid that. 

Absolutely loved our HIIT class on friday and it was definitely my favourite class last week, I felt so strong, I felt so fit and it made me realise how far I've come since April last year 😍💪 I think I completed 10 workouts this week (I've been having such brain fog this weekend so might be wrong lol) but definiely super proud of myself not just because of completing the workouts but making the time for them between studying and realising that it's so important to make time for myself! 

So excited for week 7 queens, I can't believe we're going into week 7 already omg it has absoltely flown by 😱 I hope everyone has had a fantastic weekend and that we start week 7 strong tomorrow xxx

• @Audrey Browne You are a superwoman! My mum is actually the same she barely eats anything throughout the day I think it's because she's so focused on trying to keep the rest of us fed! Maybe if you try 3 smaller meals to start queen. Definitely make sure you're not fussing too much about everyone else and taking care of yourself though. I think it's definitely an Irish mammy thing to put everyone else first! 

You're smashing it with the steps queen! The weather has been so mierable the past few days but I managed to find a nice spell today half way through the rugby match to get out for a quick walk. You're going to absolutely knock it out of the park this week queen 😘👑

• Wow time is going by quick already way into week 7! Week 6 was up and down for me, started really good but Wednesday and Thursday I felt in a bit of a slump quite bloated and just a bit blahh. Not sure why. On Friday it all changed I really enjoyed Thee HIIT Party and gave me some energy back. Then the burlesque class from Sinead was just fab! It was the pick me up I didn't even know I needed. I felt so much better at the weekend and ready to start week 7 strong. Really enjoying how Mave is pushing us with the push ups and burpies. I have always hated burpies but now I can do them without thinking. Crazy how my attitude to excersise has changed I deffo use it as a form of enjoyment now instead of what I thought I should do so I can eat what I want. Looking forward to the last couple of weeks and aiming to really push myself! Let's go girls!! 👑👑

• @Niamh Byrne well done u Queen for a fantastic Week 6. Smashed it Niamh. I had every confidence in u doll. So proud of u girl. Getting it all done & doing ur college lectures & assigments at the same time. A true true Queen🙌🙌🙌🙌. I love how much more stronger we r getting. Loving Theeee Hiit Party on Fridays buzzing after it.

Oh Niamh keep posting doll & keep inspiring. So glad ure getting out for walks Queen, definitely needed after hours of lectures & study. I know that u will have smashed Week 7 also. So excited to see how it went for u doll 🥰🥰👑👑👑❤️❤️❤️

• @Niamh Byrne Queen my appetite is  slowly slowly but surely coming back thank god. I honestly cldnt tell u why it just disappeared on me. I tried everything even what u have suggested but the interest & craving for food just completely stopped. But all going well I'm getting there. Thanks so so much Niamh 🥰👑👑👑❤️❤️❤️

• @Lauren Murdoch aw Queen nothing worse than a midweek slump. 😩. We can always rely on Maeve to kick our assets into touch 😂.I'm so glad u got back into it again. I'm with u Lauren I don't consider exercise as a chore or something that I HAVE to do. I love the buzz I get from it. Omg Queen the Burlesque loved it so excited to see if it will become a fixture on QDQ for us. Lauren loving that ur loving the push ups & burpees some of my favourite moves. Maeve is upping our game for sure. 💪💪💪💪💪💪. Queen i hope u had a very successful Wk 7. Looking forward to hearing about it. Have the most amazing Week 8 (can't believe it) 👑👑👑❤️❤️❤️

• Queens Week 7 BOOM finished. I can't get over how fast this challenge is going. I hope u all knocked wk 7 out of the park Queens.

Wk 7 for me was quite a good one. Sleep - good. Hydration - good. Workouts - excellent 13 in total.  Steps - excellent managed 15k walks 6 out of 7 days this week giving me an amazing step count of 22,000+ per Walk not including workout or regular steps. Meal plan - Fair but seeing improvements. My appetite is still not 100% but I'm hopeful. Also I had stated i was going to reduce my screen time which I have done successfully but the only downside of this is that I'm not on the forum as much as I wld like 😅.

So queens this wk my aim is to try to hit 20k at some point this week but intending on maintaining my 12 - 15k 🙏. I want to wish u all an excellent, excellent Week 8 Queens. Go out there Monday & smash it. Our Spring Challenge journey is nearly at an end. Don't leave anything behind u, make sure u give it ur all. No "Should've, Could've, or Would've's" No regrets Queens. 👑👑👑❤️❤️❤️