z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Next day soreness - muscles aches | MaeveMadden

Next day soreness - muscles aches

• Hi all you lovely ladies!

I did a couple of workouts yesterday and a run this morning but I'm already super achy what does everyone do to get over the soreness?!

Thanks

Sarah xx

• Hi Sarah

There is nothing worse than soreness but at the same time you love to see it because you know you've worked hard lol! 

My recommendations would be to make sure you are stretching adequately before and after your workouts to help the body prepare/recover.

Foam rolling is a great method to iron out any tension or soreness you can have. My legs in particular always feel the benefit of this! 

Something a bit more straight forward is a hot bath. I tend to use bath salts or muscle soaks when needed too also. 

Hope this helps! 

• Thanks Beth for the tips I definitely need to stretch a lot more and I'll get my foam roller out tonight to try and ease the tension.

If only I had a bath!! I'm so jealous of those that do 😂😂

• Hi queens, defo with Beth...such an awful feeling physically but ace mentally hahah

Defo stretching will help, maybe a quick 15 min yin yoga stretch session too? I find 'yin' yoga to be really chill and relaxing and as for stretching. Also, try not to do loads of workouts all of a sudden, ease into it if you can. 

also you can use bath salts in a hot steamy shower as a body scrub but also helps with muscle ease if you can get ones with for muscle ache. 

oh and magnesium supplements are awesome too!! They help with lots like sleep and aching muscles and restless legs at night etc xxx

• @Sarah Mcdonald Sarah woow you have started super strong.  My tip would be, dont over do it.  We always start Jan with super intentions, but sometimes when we do too much, we over exert ourselves and then get too sore and tired so slow and steady does it.  

Yas to the stretching, if you dont feel it was enough in the session you can always pop into the mobility folder of the website library and find yourself a nice workout by Sinead or Esther.  

Magnessium is also great for recovery and aiding a good nights sleep. I take mag365 powder.

And finally foam rolling.  I do add these to the ends of workouts usually twice a week.  We will start on this next week

• Thank you@Maeve Madden and@Katie Rynne for your tips great one about using the bath salts in the shower never thought of that! 

Maeve if we can have foam roller suggestions that would be fantastic! Just a note to say your doing an amazing job, you were the only workout that I enjoyed doing last year!! 

• @Sarah Mcdonald Heya along with what the girls recommended I wld also recommend Sineads Stretch & Mobility workout from the 6th of December. It is fantastic & u definitely feel the benefits of it. 👑 👑 👑 ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ 

• @Sarah Mcdonald I'm the same today. Legs are so tight... stairs are a no go 😂. I was wondering are the massage guns any good. Has anyone tried them ? Xxxx

• @Audrey Browne defo gonna try this x

• Girls <3 How you deal with slight knee pain after HIT workouts? Any special tips?