z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Recipe Corner 👩‍🍳 | MaeveMadden

Recipe Corner 👩‍🍳

• Heya Queens 👑, I was wondering if anyone wld like to share some of ur favourite healthy recipes. U never know how much they may help other Queens. 🥰 👑👑👑❤️❤️❤️

• Epic idea Audrey, defo up for this. I'm trying to go more plant based and less meat at the mo, defo not vegan as I like chocolate too much but it's a start. Tonight I'm doing Cauliflower Katsu...never done it before but happy to share if anyone interested? xxx

• @Audrey Browne  - great idea, I'll have a think on it

@Katie Rynne - cauliflower katsu sounds divine - let us know how it was!

• @Katie Rynne wld love it Queen. I'm making cauliflower & broccoli soup today. Don't be put off it actually is divine. 😍

• No way, it sounds ace. Defo share the recipe  please@Audrey Browne 🥦 🥦🥦 🥦🥦 🥦🥦 🥦🥦 🥦

• @Katie Rynne the Richmond plant based sausages are lovely! We can't tast a difference, and have them with pasta and red pesto 🤤 also cauliflower katsu sounds amazing! I love anything katsu so please share haha! 

•  

So it doesn’t look particularly yummy🤣but it defo was. I promise 😂😂

For the cauli steaks:

Cut 1.5/2 inch cauli steaks from cauliflower, cut from head to root so it stays together a bit better (rather than left to right).

Dip in flour then egg then breadcrumbs.

Place in pan with some hot oil and flip until each side brown. Transfer to oven for 30 mins.

For the sauce (actually in hindsight it’s a satay sauce not katsu🤦‍♀️🤣)

Mix the below in a saucepan on low heat (it makes loads so we freezes some).

• @Rebecca Robinson off I go to order Richmond veggie sausages to online order then!! Sounds delish 😋 

• Hi! I'm not sure if it's ok to share links to recipes but, this healthy Chilli Con Carne by the Hairy Bikers is really easy to make and it tastes amazing.

https://www.hairybikers.com/recipes/view/chilli-con-carne

• @Katie Rynne I'm so going to be trying that. Looks delish. Didnt get my soup done yet but will b doing it 2moro. So I'll put recipe under this now & I put up a pic when it's done. 🤗. Thanks so much for putting up ur recipe. 

• @Una Fitzgerald oh will defo have a look at that. I love a good chilli con carne. Thanks Queen 👑 👑 👑 ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ 

• Cauliflower & Brocoli Soup

½ to 1 head cauliflower cut into florettes

½ to 1 head broccoli cut into florettes

2 vegetable stock cubes 

1 litre water

1 onion chopped roughly

2 med size potatoes or 4 baby potatoes OPTIONAL. 

danish blue cheese to sprinkle 

sea salt

freshly ground black pepper

Parsley, thyme, Ginger 

low calorie cooking spray

INSTRUCTIONS 

Spray a pan with low calorie cooking spray, then sauté the onion until it starts to soften.

Chop up the cauliflower and broccoli into florets, then add these to the pan.

Pour in the water, then add the stock cubes.

Bring to the boil, stir, then cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes.

Remove from the heat, then blitz until smooth using a blender 

Serve on its own, or sprinkled with a little Danish Blue or Stilton. I also like to add some shredded chicken for extra protein & that's a meal in itself. 👑👑👑❤️❤️❤️

• If you're looking for a nice breakfast idea I have a great recipe for granola!

Cashew Maple Granola

185g oats (preferably jumbo oats if you can find them)

100g cashews (roughly chopped)

40g sunflower seeds

40g coconut flour (regular flour or more dessicated coconut if you don't have it)

30g coconut flakes/ dedicated coconut

1tsp salt

4tbsp melted coconut oil

4tbsp maple syrup

Mix all ingredients together in large bowl and press onto a lined baking tray. The more you press the granola together on the tray the bigger the clumps of granola will be when they cool. 

Bake at 160 degrees (preferably on the top bottom heat setting) for 20-25 mins until very slightly browned. Turn off the oven but leave the granola in the oven to dry out for 30 mins. Take the granola out of the oven and leave to set and cool for another 20-30 minutes before breaking into pieces. Be patient with it and it'll turn out really nice and crunchy 

• @Una Fitzgerald sounds delish!! On next weeks menu!! Thanks for sharing Queen xxx

• @Audrey Browne defo need this in my life!! Thank you for sharing Queen Audrey xx

• @Maeve O'Keeffe ohhh yummy!! Gonna get batch baking this next week!! Thanks so much xxx

• Hey Queens 👑 Here is the Chicken Soup Recipe from QDQ Instagram page! I made this today and it was delicious 😋

• 4 stalks of Celery 
    • 2 Leeks 
    • 2 Carrots 
    • 1 potato halved (can use sweet potato) 
    • 1/2 bunch parsley 
    • 3 tbsp Pearl barley 
    • 2 stock cubes 
    • 6 Skinless Chicken Thighs 
    1. Roughly chop veg - This is a chunky soup so chop as you wish 
    2. Add oil to large pot over a medium heat 
    3. Add the veg to the pot and season with pepper for 5-10 minutes stirring occasionally 
    4. Dissolve the stock cubes in 1500ml of hot water and add to the pot 
    5. Add Chicken and bring to the boil 
    6. Add the Pearl Barley and simmer for 30min stirring often 
    7. Chop and add the Parsely keeping the pot on simmer for further 15-20 min 
    8. Serve and enjoy 

• I feel like I need to do a lot of cooking and a lot of eating!!! Is it bad that I want all of these foods now...even after I've eaten my dinner!!?! 🤦‍♀️🤣😋😳

• Hey queens, love this recipes idea 😁 I love this vegan (aubergine and lentil) spag bol which is so easy. It's full of veggies, protein and fibre 😁 Lots of sauce jars are full of sugar so it is great to use a tin of chopped tomatoes and fresh ingredients if you can 😁 Easy for anyone would like to try a meat free dish, I promise you guys will enjoy ❤️  

• @Audrey Browne I just love all the topics you start in the forum! Such great ideas always 😍

@Katie Rynne this sounds amazing?? I am definitely going to try this recipe!

I am pescatarian so always love trying to find new recipes! Me and my mums favourite at the moment is Chilli with Qourn mince (the recipe is on the Quorn website), this with @Maeve Madden cheesey corn which I am OBSESSED with! So tasty if anyone hasn't tried it. I also have some homemade guac and home made tortilla chips, which are a gamechanger!

The homemade tortilla chips are a great way to use wraps that are going a bit hard. Just cut into 8 triangles then place on a baking tray so none are overlapping. Simply spray with oil and sea salt. Bake @200oC for 8 mins turning once, (4mins each side) and serve. You will never buy tortilla chips in the shop again! 😋

• 1 / 2