z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

DOMS recovery tips | MaeveMadden

DOMS recovery tips

• Hello queens 👑👋🏼

I'm a newbie to the #queensdontquit community and completed  my very first class yesterday, 'Lean legs'! Today my legs are really sore (I had to go down the stairs on my bum 😂) but I would love to be able to do the Tuesday evening combat class - any tips on what helped you recover? Thank you 🤗

• Magnesium salt in a bath is amazing! Baths in general .. also if you have a foam roller this also helps. Try to still be active today - a walk or something just to help ease it! 🥰

• @Mary-Kate Kavanagh oh me tooooo! 😭 The more the day goes on the stiffer I am 😂😂😂 did 20 mins gentle yoga this morning so stretch out Abit! 

I'm going to try a brisk walk to get the blood flowing and see if that works? 

And besides that loads of water should help! 

• @Leonie Mcnulty @Julia Galloway thank you both for the helpful advice!! ☺️ Going to purchase a foam roller now and try get a brisk walk in too without hobbling down the road 😅

• @Mary-Kate Kavanagh I am not sure whether you use or like protein powder but I found that getting protein (in any form: powder/meat/beans/anything) into your body within 30-60min after a workout helps a lot with soreness. Back in the days when I trained 2-3 times a day for volleyball, that was the main thing that saved me from the pain.

Drinking a lot of water, light stretching, and getting enough sleep should also help, although be careful with overstretching when you have DOMS. A couple of times I found myself stretching too much after a hard workout and overdoing it slightly because I could not feel the 'stretching pain', I thought it was just DOMS. 

• I actually come on here hoping someone had asked this question 😂 omg my legs are so stiff!!! I only done the beginners class!! I'm doing the live tonight at 6 too! I had to hold onto my sink to lift myself up from the toilet before. I nearly pulled it off the wall 😳 I'll be getting a foam roller too! 

• @Yvett Talas thank you so much that's super helpful to know about the protein, definitely need to up that 😁

@Kelly McGarr haha me too! Definitely the reality check I needed that I haven't been moving very much! Enjoy the class! (I may have to literally sit this one out 😂)