z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Wind down yoga | MaeveMadden

Wind down yoga

• Hi! New Queen here 👸

Just wondering if anyone could guide me to what level the yoga is aimed at? Are the stretches a mixture of beginner, intermediate and advanced?

Tried the class this morning, it have done some yoga classes before but I'm not at all flexible and struggled with alot of the stretches, hoping I wasn't the only one!

We all have to start somewhere though but I'm just curious at the level to which the class is aimed at 👑

• Hey Aisling, i did Esthers first class last year when it first started and i found it advanced - i had been doing down dog app practices so i knew one or two of the poses but i felt out of my depth

This mornings class i felt so much better - loved the stretching element and the relaxing parts, i couldnt do every single pose/stretch fully but it's progress not perfection so everyone starts at their level and then you will feel yourself getting stronger every time. I liked that Esther gave a few options to deepen stretches depending on your level etc i did the easiest option in all but i am aiming to get to the more advanced options after a few weeks of doing this. Feel totally chilled now x

• I also struggled with some of the stretches Aisling, I haven't done any yoga from last March and found some of them super hard. Especially as my lower body is still sore from all the workouts this week. To be honest I just took it easy and if something didn't feel right I stopped. Esther did give a few examples of how to do the stretches for beginners but I do feel some of it was out of limits for me also lol. 

I def need to get back into it, you are not the only one.

I did like just getting time to take things slow and if I found something too hard I went into child pose as it's my favourite 😍 

I actually was wondering was there any of the yoga classes that include flows? Any queens have been to more and would know?

sorry I can't help more Aisling, 

😘

• @Vicky Baker thanks, yeah I had used down dog app as well and found it really good. Definitely aiming for progress rather than perfection.

Thanks @Michelle McCrea yeah I ended up stopping as well and just went into child pose! I'll just keep going and overtime I'll hopefully be able to do more of them and less child's pose! 

• @Aisling O'Shea very same I really struggled! I use down dog every day for a good while now but found that really quiet tough as I'm still definitely only beginner level! but my body is aching today it's so tired I felt kind of deflated that I wasn't able for much of it! It's kind of a relief to see I'm not the only one! 😅

• Keep sticking at it queens, the first yoga class is always tough,  especially if you never did it b4!! Just listen to ur body and dont push ur body too hard. After a few sessions you will notice a huge improvement on ur flexibility!!

I felt amazing after this mornings class but I have done all of Esther's now so I'm pretty used to it! 

Keep trying queens,  practice makes perfect! X

• Hi Queens, I'm a complete beginner at yoga and not very flexible so I did struggle! But completely enjoyed it. I was very emotional at the end - actually in tears - is this normal?? :-)

• @Patricia Maher oh thank goodness I was the exact same ! Tears rolling out the sides of my eyes. It is normal and I think a good sign that we were focused on ourselves and having our time. I think the background music and the message that Esther was sharing with us was so on point and meaningful- at least for me . 
    Feeling really great afterwards though - my left side is as tight as a spring .