z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Washing hair schedule | MaeveMadden

Washing hair schedule

• Hi queens!

Bit of a random post but since doing QDQ workouts my hair washing schedule is a mess, I seem to wash my hair then end up doing a workout and it's back to being dirty!!

Does anyone have any tips/ recommendations on how often they do theirs? I've tried dry shampoo but I find it really itchy on my scalp :(

Thanks! 👑

• @Rachel Atkinson how are you applying the dry shampoo? Try holding it like the length of the can away from your hair, and then waiting 30 seconds before rubbing it in. I used to rub mine in straight away and I felt my hair was grim but this tip helped me. Also what dry shampoo are you using as some are definitely better than others x

• Hey Rachel 

I wash mine twice a week. I tend to wash it in the evening. When I'm working out I have it up in a high bun to keep it off my body from getting sweaty and it seems to be ok. Try leaving it if you can and slowly wean off washing so often ☺️

• I bought one of those sweet band type hair bands last week and I wear it just below my hairline. I fold it so it's not covering my entire forehead. It looks ridiculous but it's saving my hair a little this week. 
    I only wash my hair twice a week and last week it was a mess the day after washing it so tried this and it's working so far. 
    I washed it Sunday and I've done 2 workouts since and it's holding up well so far. 

• I struggle with this two ! After a workout my hair needs to be washed but don't wanna wash and dry it everyday ! I end up tying it up most of the time and it looks a mess x

• @Rachel Atkinson I only wash mine twice a week and I'm getting away with the work outs by tying it back right off my face and then after the work out blast drying it with the hair dryer! Seems to work well! 🤗

• @Rachel Atkinson Hey, I wash my hair twice a week, when I started the workouts I was washing it almost every day but have got a schedule that works for me now. 

I blast my hair with a hairdryer on cold after a workout, especially if it is a bit damp after a workout. I then using some dry shampoo (only when my hair is completely dry), instead of just spraying in, I have my hairdryer on cold and spray dry shampoo and blast with hairdryer at the same time, takes a bit of practise and a lot of swishing your hair about and looking silly haha, but I find it stops the dry shampoo all sitting in specific points on my head and leaving lots of excess. This was a great tip from my hairdresser.

• @Zoe Price Im same as you Zoe - i blast the hair with cold hairdryer and then spray of dry shampoo - i wash, dry and straighten twice a week also x

• I wash my hair after every work out 🙈 I don't think I could go without! My entire hairline and back of neck always gets sweaty during workouts so I feel my hair needs a good scrub after. 

• I'm used to washing my hair twice a week but I've started doing workouts Mon,Wed & Fri and I'm finding that I wash it after almost every workout. The cold setting on the hair dryer and make sure it's completely dry before putting on dry shampoo. I did used to find that batiste dry shampoo was horrible for my scalp so I've been trying different ones for a while. Haven't found a none expensive one I'm willing to waste on sweaty head yet 🤣

A tip that I was told a few years ago was to spray the dry shampoo on your hair before the workout because it doesn't work on wet hair, maybe try this?

• I'm in the exact same boat! I usually wash my hair 2-3 times a week, but my hairline is so sweaty after working out, that I'm finding it so grim to leave it unwashed afterwards 🙈.

I find Batiste dry shampoo to be really harsh and itchy on my scalp, so I'm currently on the hunt for a dry shampoo that doesn't break the bank but is a bit gentler. Would love some recommendations if anyone has any! 😘😘

• Try using dry shampoo after you wash it, and keep it tied up during workouts and during the night, Give it a spritz of dry shampoo before a workout too or leave it to dry after a workout if it gets wet before popping in the dry shampoo.

• @Claire McGlinchey @Lucy Mulvaney I was the same when I started the workouts but just got sick of constantly washing my hair haha. 

Are you able to have a go with hairdrying on cold & dry shampoo on a day when you aren't going out to see if you are ok with it? I also thought it would be gross but it's actually fine for me now. 

I have heard a lot of good things about Living Proof dry shampoos, but they are pricier than Batiste.

• @Cora Savage I think@Maeve Madden should bring out some sweat bands 😊

• Ah thanks for this topic so many great ideas I will be trying! Personally trying to stick to every other day, and rinse my hair in the shower after really sweaty workouts but I understand that's not the best with long hair as it makes it knotty:/ first world problems hey girls 😂 xx

• @Katy Evans I used to wash my hair every second day and honestly got soo sick of it, so time consuming esp with long hair! I bit the bullet a few months ago and went about training my hair to last longer.. now there were some tough weeks trying to

digure out how to make it last- different brands of dry shampoo, tying it up more etc but started to see a diffeeemce and now I get 5-6 days out of my blow dry! Also be careful of products they can make

it greasy quicker! Best of luck! X

• @Aoife kearney 5 or 6 days!!! Oh my god I'm deffo gona try and train me hurrr!! I get to day 3 though and give in 🙈 I'll purchase some dry shampoo - what one do you use? Thanks xxx

• @Katy Evans you can def stretch that out it will take a few weeks but def worth it! Also curling your hair revives it and helps it last longer! Best of luck 😉

• Hey queens, just popping this on here because I recently bought a nike sweatband to see if it would make a difference to my hair and I swear it has actually saved my hair washing routine the past few weeks, especially when I have zoom lectures soon after doing a workout/don't have time to wash my hair. Honestly it doesn't completely stop my hair looking sweaty but it does enough that by the time I'm showered etc my hair actually looks presentable. I think I got it for €6 and I do look like a bit of an eejit wearing it but sure look who is going to see me 😅

I honestly only wash my hair with shampoo usually once a week, maximum 2 times. I also find sometimes after a workout I'll just rise it with water to freshen it up a bit and pop in some conditioning spray to my ends (I use Dr PawPaw 7in1 and i LOVE it). I do find the rinsing just with water once or twice between washes just helps my hair feel that little bit fresher even if I'm not in the mood or don't have time to wash it. Just said I'd pop this in here in case it might help anyone, I have super long,thick hair so it can just be an absolute nightmare to wash and dry sometimes 😅 x

• @Niamh Byrne there's a hint for@Maeve Madden to get working on sweatbands to match our resistance bands 😄

• 1 / 2