z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Running runners | MaeveMadden

Running runners

• Hi girls 

I'm hoping to start doing couch to 5k soon and want to get good runners for it. Just wondeirng is there any runners people woild recommend that are good for running?

Thanks

• Hey Queen, I'm not a runner myself (would love to be) but these are what Maeve recommend.

you got this Queen!!! 👸

• Thanks a mill! There's  so many that I was like I'll ask Queens for their advice! 

• @Lisa Kilgarriff omg lisa ahh im doing this too.  I started to try to do this on sundays and obv just a light jog/walk but, I began in december and it felt so great I as surprised my first run I could actually go for 3km I think the workouts are paying off.. You know a great app is the nike running app, you listen to a coach while running and they guide you through that first run, the second run and so on.  I use it and it helped to set a good running pace, becuase I am so shit I just go full sprint die and then walk lol... for Trainers I wear either air zoom tempo (got these for christmas)

https://rstyle.me/cz-n/exxw9xcfwrp 

or the Nike pegasus which are a bit cheaper, also a really good running shoe

https://rstyle.me/cz-n/exxxbmcfwrp

I have seen there is a nike Trail shoe but I havnt tried it.  Another brand I like is Asics and they do some great running shoes too.  I havnt bought or worn them in a while so I wouldnt know which would be the best for running but maybe someone else can advise on other brands.  

• Thanks so much Maeve, I promised my boyfriend I'd start last year, but didn't lol so I said I will in this year 🤣 I'm in my second Week of Queens Dont Quit, and I am loving it ans feeling great! 💪🏻

• Started running during the summer after about a month of the workouts and I was pleasently surprised with how far I could actully go, but also how much further i could go once i stopped for a minute for a rest. The workouts are great for endurance!! The hardest part is getting up and going!

I have the nike peagasus and I really like them but I prefer my asics. So comfortable. They came highly recommeded and live up to it. The gel is great!!

• @Aine O'Brien thanks a mill! Is there any specific types in asics tgat are good? 

• @Lisa Kilgarriff couch to 5km is brilliant, such a good way to stage progress rather than going flat out from the start then possibly getting annoyed or frustrated!

I second the Nike Pegasus zoom- they are the most comfortable running runner I have worn in the last few years. Really good cushioning. I even bought a second pair to have to wear around the house as the first pair are mucky from walking and running in the countryside! 

With Asics I would think you would be best getting a gait analysis done to determine the right pair as they have so many options, and some are quite specific based on how you walk run. Some can be quite rigid. 

• I used the shoe finder on the asics website!!! It gives you a really good guide!!

• @Aine O'Brien Great idea, I hadn't heard of that at all. 

• @Lisa Kilgarriff Hey Lisa I started c25k back in Oct and ran my first 5km xmas eve - i was thrilled with myself and felt like i had run a marathon :):) i defo creidt the workouts with my fitness level and so on

Re runners I am wearing a pair of old nike running runners that a friend gave me but I have heard great things about pegasus also - also a friend of mine who does marathons and so on recommended the nike air zoom pegasus 35 shield version which are waterproof

I decided I would go for the 5km and then try to beat my times and if that works I will try 6km then 7km and so on and I will treat myself to proper runner runners then x