z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Headaches after workout | MaeveMadden

Headaches after workout

• Hey Queens!

Wondering if anyone else keeps getting headaches after working out? I drink lots of water throughout the day and during my workout cause yano, hydration station 🥤 but almost every time I'm working out I end with such a sore head that can take hours to go away.

I eat a while before I workout cause your girl has tried and failed working out before breakfast 😂 not sure if it's something that just happens or if I should speak to my doctor? 

Thought I'd just see if anyone else is the same or had similar in the past and found a way to stop them? Any advice helps, thanks lovelies 👑❤️

• @Erin McArdle Hey Erin sounds like you're keeping your hydration levels up but thats awful to have the headaches after each workout - do you feel dizzy or have head rush or is it like tension headache? I will probably sound like a nana but if you have any doubts/worries i would defo check it out for reassurance.

For me, I have vertigo so cant do the burpees no matter how many times i try (and believe me i tried every time at the start) - for some reason i get head rushes/dizzy spells with burpees and sometimes if i get up too fast from froggers or planks so i have just adapted from burpees and do the full body extensions. I wear glasses and have to have 2 pairs - one for walking/driving and one for reading/watching tv/phone - can't have varifocals due to the vertigo. I sound like a crock but my mam assures me that all the women in her side of the fmaily have the same thing (lovely) :):)

Hopefully you can pin point a reason or speak to a doc remotely to allay your concerns x

• @Erin McArdle Hey Erin, that definitely doesn't sound good and it might be making you not want to work out! I suffer with migraines and I just think headaches are one of the most annoying things in the world. I would definitely speak to your doctor queen they might be able to offer some advice! I get headaches after workouts if Ihaven't drank before, during and after the workout but it sounds like you're staying hydrated! Have you tried maybe having a wee orange or banana after a workout for a boost to see if that helps?

Like @Vicky Baker said it might be something as simple getting up too fast. I definitely would speak to your doctor about it queen. I really hope you get sorted soon xx

• @Erin McArdle aww no this is not good! I cant say I get headaches after exercise queen but lately I've been getting more headaches then normal.  Just keep an eye on this. Might need to chat with doctor if continues xxx

• Thank you queen's 😘 

Will give my doctor a call Monday morning to have a chat and see what she thinks and recommends.

Seems to be when I'm finishing my workout so starting my stretching, that's when it tends to start. Pain in the ass like (well, head lol).

I do tend to get dizzy and head rushes sometimes with burpees as well Vicky, or if I get off the floor too fast as well. Thank you for sharing as I wouldn't have even thought about that as well so will mention too to the doctor just to be on the safe side.

Better safe than sorry queen's, thanks again for your replies. Much love ❤️👑 x

• @Erin McArdle Aw Erin so sorry to hear this, definitely best to get it looked into, hopefully it is nothing and the doctor can help you sort it. Best of luck, will be thinking of you

I'm the same @Carmel Mulvany with the headaches, I feel like I've had one since the start of January. I drink loads of water too, and making sure to get out for fresh air every day. I was on a call with my friends from college last night and I said all of us are going to be suffering from some form of PTSD, and then I joked- well more like TSD as we are still enduring it! 

• @Erin McArdle oh no Queen u poor thing. There's nothing worse. I do get a pain lower part of my head behind my ears but I've put it down to laughing & smiling during the workouts as when they r finished it eases. Seriously Erin I wld seek doctors advice. A qk call or visit & ull be sorted doll to kickass with this challenge. Take care Queen 🥰 👑👑👑❤️❤️❤️

• @Sharon Scully oh my god totally queen!!!! I thought it was my sinus,  I think that has a big factor alrite but its not going which is so annoying! I think I'm just missing my friends so much and calling to see people! We'll get through it doll, we have a trump card..... maeve!!!! 😍😍😍

• Hello Erin, 
    I am sorry you're getting headaches! A friend of mine was having headaches after running (in Australia) and eventually her dad said he also had headaches and had started wearing sunglasses, which helped him. So she started doing the same (after being annoyed that her dad hadn't mentioned this condition to her!) and did not have such bad headaches.
    Another friend would faint in a hot shower, or after standing up quickly, and that turned out to be caused by very low blood pressure. 
    While these are probably not related to you - like everyone said above they went to a doctor and were able to deal with the issue successfully. 
    I've found that I'm getting a headache more these days and I think it is from so much screen time! So I'm trying to limit that to only the necessities. And staring at trees in a distance when I go outside! I'm excercising my eyes 😆
    I hope this helps. 
    Emer

• Just back from my docs appointment and it went really well, love when a doctor properly listens and actually cares about their patients. 

She is referring me for a head scan, trying me on beta blockers to see if they might help my heart rate which is always high and could be related to my head aches during and after working out. Also referring me to a physio for my neck to see if that will help the headaches as it could be as simple as a trapped nerve. 

So yay lol thinking of doing a beginners workout today just so I get some movement in, but not before some tea 😍😂 

Thanks for all of your messages and advice, love you Queens 👑❤️

• @Erin McArdle 

great to hear Erin, keep up updated! I would also highly recommend you setting up blue light filters on your phone/laptop, which has helped me!

• @Erin McArdle awh that's really great queen, so glad you have a good doctor to help you!!!! Always best to check everything xxx