z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Feeling meh but workouts perk me up | MaeveMadden

Feeling meh but workouts perk me up

• Everything and everyone (other than you guys) is getting on my nerves and getting me down. 
    feeling undervalued in work and still working hard. 
    just fed up, I almost feel like I've pmt but I'm nearly 2 weeks from AF and I'm taking star flower oil so it usually lessens that...

however the workouts do help lift the mood and give some structure and some much needed endorphins!

so thank you for that boost !

• @Anne Hamilton Black I have been feeling like that since mid-last week. Everything seems to be making me super annoyed and feeling so frustrated with myself. I think it is the lockdown burnout slowly kicking in!

The workouts are the only things getting me through these days! They also make sure that I know what day it is 😂 lost my sense of time and if not for the workouts my days would just merge into one very long Monday...

• @Anne Hamilton Black @Yvett Talas Cannot agree more with you guys! Have been feeling really agitated with little things and not being about to have a change of scenary doesnt help. Some days I'm not able to do the workouts because my uni work becomes more of a priority but when I do have time they really help to boost my mood.

• @Anne Hamilton Black Aaawwww no Queen so sorry to hear that. Nothing worse, I was a bit like a wk or 2 & nothing I did cld get me out of the funk 🙄. I honestly do think that this lockdown is really effecting us more than we realise. It seems never ending, 🙄. Like u my buzz is doing workouts & u Queens. On another note have u tried the evening primrose which may help u also. Chin up doll we're all in it together & here for u everytime. U & ur butt. 🥰👑👑👑❤️❤️❤️

• @Audrey Browne apparently starflower is stronger than evening primrose, well that's what the Holland and Barrett person told me!!

• @Anne Hamilton Black oh my gosh queen I'm exact same!!! Period is due but not for good few days but I can't seem to shift my mood.... only for these workouts and you gals!!!! Alot of my friends are feeling the same too!!!!! Sending lots of love to you xxxx

• @Anne Hamilton Black I've also felt a bit recently! It mainly happens for me when I don't get enough fresh air so I'm really trying to go out for a walk everyday as it really helps to get all your thoughts out in a different environment! Maybe see if that helps? Sending lots of love!! You're a queen 💛

• @Anne Hamilton Black Lets just blame the full-moon too!

It's so hard, we are feeling it a bit at the moment I think. In my to-do list every day a QDQ workout is number 1 and a walk is number 2, non-negotiable. Do you have the headspace app? They have a wonderful long playlist by Hans Zimmerman (he does a lot of the scores for movies) for focus and I put that on sometime while working. Also is it an option to put some Netflix on while working- I sometimes will put on a bit of Schitts Creek as you don't have to fully pay attention but is guaranted to make me smile. 

Do you feel in a position to talk to your manager about how you are feeling about work? If you take a moment- write down where you feel you are at, what you feel you can do to change circumstance (might not be anything), are there areas that they can support in to help you out etc etc; I think a lot of managers at the moment have their head slightly in the sand, in that they also are struggling and treading water but they need to recognise their role of being a support function to staff. A lot of them aren't even aware that they aren't providing enough support. I think a big part for you is to recognise the controllables, control the controllables and everything else is outside of your power to an extent. But if you are spending too much time dwelling on it an open conversation in work might be needed. 

Glad you reached out, and if I can help in anyway more (or in a different better way for you!) please just ask! 

• @Sharon Scully Thank you, yes I went to bed around 1.30 last night and the sky was eerily bright!! 
    I actually have the tv on in the background a lot when I am not on calls as I need to have activity of some sort, I feel very strange working in silebce ( well other than shouty McShout Face talking on his own work calls in the kitchen)

To be honest my boss is usually the most approachable person and is very good with everyone needs, but Im not sure she is herself. She made a very flippant remark to me on a call the other day and even if it was out of character it doesnt take away from the fact she said it and the overall tone of the conversation. Now bare in mind I am super sensitive, I read into everything but this was not something I needed to read into it was blatant.

Maybe I just need a bit of time to calm down and I will talk to her, I am looking at other jobs even internally where I work too currently as I dont feel challenged and someone I work woth keeps interfering with the stuff I am working on and not concentrating on her own work, so I end up fixing stuff shes done to mess up my work and then either on her back to do her work or having to do it for her... 

I sat an painted yesterday afternoon after Barre, as I needed a distraction, it did help and was something possitive from a negative!

• The headspace app sounds great and sitting and painting. These sound like fabulous self care activities. Thanks for sharing girls. 

• @Anne Hamilton Black Sounds like your manager might be going through something beyond the general stress, or is just having a bad week (and is affected by the full moon too!) If you were open to it- I would suggest give yourself some time to settle in terms of what was said to you, and when you feel less emotional about (in no-way suggesting you are overly emotional!) and can have a rational approach on it, and be less likely to use emotive language (I hope that makes sense and isn't meant in any way against you, I am also super sensitive, like very much so, so I try not to respond until I'm feeling a bit separated from my inital reaction so I don't become a blubbery mess or use emotional language). If you can be calm or rational about it in general people are more likely to listen and respond in kind, whereas if you go into it all emotional and it maybe comes across like an accusation you might raise the manager's back up and then they also becomes emotional and possibly lashes out cos of that. I hope I'm making sense!!

Another thing is it sounds like the frustration is borne out of the role itself in one sense, so like what you are doing- by starting to look into other roles in the company that is a step towards change. For me I can tend to get overwhelmed when I feel like I have this big decision to make- a great saying is "what's the best way to eat an elephant?- one piece at a time" you do not need to find the perfect job straight away, you do not need to leave your job straight away to feel better, you don't need to find a new career staright away, but if you take small steps towards it (such as looking into other options) eventually the elephant becomes smaller and smaller. (I hope no-one gets offended, I was trying to figure out what to substitute for elephant!!!!) (An example like this for me was I moved in with my parents cos of pandemic and at the start of the year I started to get overwhelmed with trying to figure what I will do when it ends, do I buy a house, do I move back to Dublin etc etc; after a talk with my psychologist she made me realised this isn't a decision I need to make now, and in fact I can't even do anything on it now, so it's not worthwhile using my energy stressing on it. Instead I've started to do things like work on a colour scheme I would have for such a room if I did eventually own a house etc. I can't eat the elephant whole, and in fact the final size of the elephant is TBD, but I am calmed down by the fact that I am doing some form of planning towards it!)

Anyways I've blabbered on loads (as usual)- feel free to reach out direct to me if you do want further chats on this! 

• @Anne Hamilton Black Hugs to you Anne - i get like this mid cycle around ovulaiton time. I also get super sensitve and read into things. Its hard to lift the mood but good that you have the group here and the workouts to bounce things off xx Shout anytime and keep chin up - work and lock down and juggling everything is stressful enough doll so be good to yourself xxx

• Oh girlllll!!! As much as i'm so sad to hear you're feeling like this I must say ME TOO!! I've been bloody foul today, hardly spoke to colleagues cos was so grumpy and now been grumpy to the boyf for no reason WWOOOPS. MADE myself do combat to punch out the tension and my god it works!! I honeslty think so many of us feel like this atm, and don't get yourself down about it we are going through the weirest time EVER!!! Chin up queen we're in this together! <3 xxxx

• @Anne Hamilton Black Omg this job sounds sooo draining :O I am having a wobble with work too atm lets start a fresh somewhere new Queen no time like the present x

• @Sharon Scully I loved reading this so much!!! This elephant thingy will massively help me too because I keep getting stuck in this box and cant see the bigger picture with stuff. I don't have any massive stresses currently so I'm lucky but keep getting wound up and up with decisions! I've learnt (finally... in my 26th year) to sleep on something when it overwhelms me and it is helping so much at the moment!! Even a decision which could end up being absolutely awesome I can get overwhelmed at and I step back, sleep and it seems clear in the morning! Thanks so much for writing that i'm sure you've helped many Queens. Love this group <3 All got eachothers backs it's amazing xx