z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Good stretches for shin splint/lower ankle pain?? | MaeveMadden

Good stretches for shin splint/lower ankle pain??

• Hey Queens!

I was just wondering if anyone knows any good stretches for the inner lower shin bit??? Just above the ankle if you know where I mean 😂 Have really been psuhing myself these past 3 weeks (can't believe we are already in week 4?!!!) and I think last week I may have jumped a little bit too hard and maybe strained that bit of my leg so was wondering if you guys know any stretches! @Maeve Madden any tips??

• @Bella Armfield hey Bella! I'm the exact same I must have landed on my left ankle funny because my right is grand, I don't have any specific stretches to recommend but I've been alternating between using hot water bottles and ice on it and gently massaging the area and I find it really helps, hope you're okay! 😄  xx

• Hi queens, Try a small ball like a tennis ball and use it like you would a roller but it should get in to that area better than a foam roller cause it's smaller.

Hope that helps queens 😘😘😘

• @Bella Armfield so specific for ankle strengthening:

Calf raises (flat foot to tippy toes up and down)

Calf raises on a step (will have a deeper stretch)

One footed balance- so standing on one foot and trying to keep your balance

One footed stand with your eyes closed (it really impacts your balance)

Also if you massage in that lower shin area gently it might help

• @Ellen Whelan @Sharon Scully @Katie Rynne thank you so much queens!! Will deffo try it 😊 it's deffo feeling better today and didn't want to maybe hurt it again by doing a super jumpy workout so did a the sweaty 7s from yesterday and it was grand! 

• Good idea Queen 👸 🙌