z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Dry February | MaeveMadden

Dry February

• Good morning Queens!

Finally January is over and Spring is around the corner.

Have never done this before but to try and keep myself accountable I am going to do Dry February.

Anyone want to join me? 

Felt so much more energetic for this mornings workout - can see big difference on my stats on fitbit.

so whether I like it or not - as much as I love a glass of prosexy or wine it is holding me back from progress I want. Have never attempted to a full dry month before - except for when pregnant obviously!

Found drinking sparkling Pellegrino with squeeze of lime helped me not miss it this weekend - any other tips that could help?

• Morning pamela! 

I'll join you for a dry Feb! A soda water, tropical mi wadi and loads of ice sort of tastes like a pink gin soda if u think it enough 😂 staying fresh over the weekend makes such a difference to the start of the week. Although all through the work out this morning I was giving out 😂 but we got there! 🤞28 days we can do this 👊

• Yay Leonie - let's do it. Lol 28 days - we picked a good month to do it too.

Love the idea of creating a pinl gin soda with tropical mi wadi!

• @Pamela King definitely going to try dry February but maybe will choose one Saturday where I have a wee drink because college mega stresses me out sometimes 😂😂@Leonie Mcnulty oh my goodness maybe I'll try that instead and see how o goes! I love a pink gin 😍💕

• @Pamela King Pamela I am going to join you for Dry Feb too... I feel like since lockdown began last March that I have been drinking more than before, firstly I never really drank at home as would have gone out for dinner or met friends etc on weekends.  I have cut it down to just having a drink on a friday / saturday but I think best thing to do this month for me is just no boozing..  After my weekend engagement himself and myself felt it so bad yesteerday and even today im feeling foggy, not queening at all... So I am ready for Fresh Feb, Fit Feb and feeling Marvelous for March... 

• Yay @Maeve Madden am so scared I can't do this - imagine! Was thinking first just one day a week but I think I need to go all out  - give my poor liver a rest! I had cut down to just weekends in last few months - ex Christmas of course - but when it was the Fri/Sat was drinking far too much. Love it Marvelous for March. We CAN do this!! 

• I'm in! Never been a drinker until lockdown 1, now I'm a massive lover of baileys!! I'll do this too! I need the kick up the bum 👑

• Oh go on then, think I'll join in too! Been drinking far too much gin lately and it probably isn't helping me with my fat loss. 

• I'm gona jump on the dry Feb train woop woop! I only really drink on the weekend and it's just a couple of glasses so I don't think I'll miss it but want to see if it makes a difference and for my sleep to. I also want to cut out the extra chocolate nibbles! I won't be able to go cold turkey as I know that never works but instead of having the chocolate biscuits I went into the kitchen for before spicy circuits I came out with an apple! Proud!! Only 28 days we can give it a big push and get Feb in Feb! 👑

• Brilliant Queens - there's strength in numbers and we'll cheer each other on!

Fit & Fabulous in February - 28 days Let's Go Girls!!

• Challenge accepted 💪🏼 best month to do it too, tactical thinking 😍😉 if anyone has some yum mocktail ideas send them on please xx

• First weekend of Dry February ladies! That sounds so boring...first weekend of Fresh, Fit  & Fabulous sounds a bit better?

What are you drinking or treating yourself to this weekend to stay on the train?

I'm ordering new gymshark leggings & top Monday morning if I succeed :) 

Might try your pink "gin" @Leonie Mcnulty !

• @Pamela King ....... I am having the worst week..... nothing is going right, stress levels through the roof and tears flowing! (For f#k all reason I don't even understand myself this week!!🙈) If I get through this weekend I'm going to treat myself to new leggings Monday too!! 🥳 

*If I get through* , it's 11am and all I can think about is a glass of wine to chill out Abit 😂😂😂😂 hope ye are having a better week and have a strong weekend 👊🙌 

• Awww Leonie sending you a big virtual hug. So sorry to hear that. Can you meet a friend for a walk to have a chat with?

I think this week has been a rough one for many. Am feeling it too tbh and trying not to think of wine as the ahhhh relax moment.... Will take one day at a time. Feeling exhausted and listless as think the groundhog day is getting to me!

Going for sober Friday - having San Pellergrino Blood Orange and some crisps & dips! Not turning into complete monk lol!

• Hey Queens,

First weekend of Dry Feb Complete! How are we doing? Did you find it hard?

I realised how automatically I open a bottle on a Thurs or Fri out of habit rather that really wanting it?!

Valentines this weekend...not sure how easy that will be...is it like Paddy's Day in Lent that we get the day off lol

• First weekend down 💪🏼❤️ I had some no alcohol sparkling wine on Friday which was lovely but so so sugary! Think those brands just add loads of sugar to take away from the alcohol 🤣 But feeling good, like you said Valentines weekend will be a tough but think I will stick to 7up free in a fancy glass rather than the non-alcoholic Prosecco! And maybe a cheat day may be in order 😉

How did you get on Pamela? Did you try any alternatives? Xx 

• I did it! Just had sparkling water with squeeze of lime. I think I just drink for the bubbles mostly lol

I was thinking of trying non alcohol prosecco but don't like sound of it being v sugary. Planning to power through Valentines lol! 

Do you find you feel fresher this monday morning Ash?

• Oh and I did A LOT of baking and cooking over the weekend - partly antsy & more energy! LOL

• @Pamela King made it through the weekend unscathed! Only coke zero was consumed 😂how did u get on?? Had a completely different day Saturday TG! Turned my whole week around. Just as I was patting myself on the back for getting through the weekend I realised we sat down yesterday with a whiskey taster pack and had a few samples and never thought anything of it 😂😂 I don't even like whiskey 😂😂 

Oh I think I will have a glass of something Sunday for the day that's in it I might have to extend this into March - use up my Paddy's day pass 😂😂😂

• I must try the pellegrino. Thanks for the tip.

• 1 / 2