z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Walking runners. | MaeveMadden

Walking runners.

• Hey queens. Happy Wednesday. Hope every s had a great day.
    So as well as doing my workouts I'm trying to hit my 10,000 steps every day by going for a long walk before work in the mornings. My current walking runners are just cheap ones and are falling apart. I get really bad pains in my shins and I feel everything under my foot as there so bad. I got the super reps for my workouts but don't want to use them for walks as I don't want to ruin them. Does any one have any recommendations for good walking runners??
    Thanks. 
    Cora xx  

• @Cora Savage Yeah I really want some nice walking runners too, I have old nike ones that are worn down and really need new ones lol. At the minute I've actually been going walking in my Regatta hiking trainers, they're basically like hiking boots but are just shaped like a trainer. They're waterproof so I think they're great for going walking on the wet days we've been having but really would love a nice new pair for when the weather improves! Definitely will be keeping an eye on this thread for some good suggestions! 

• @Cora Savage Hi Cora

I'm a bit of a Nike fanatic and lots of different types 🙈 Two of my favourites are Nike Haurraches and the Flynit epic reacts in terms of comfort. I wore a pair of Haurraches up Slieve donard and they didn't cause me any issues!! 

Although@Niamh Byrne made a good point about being waterproof... neither of my suggestions really are!! The flynits are a suede material and can get easily ruined but the Haurraches arent so bad because they're more of a mesh and leather material. I do like the sound of those regatta hiking trainers though Niamh!! 

• I wear Nike Tanjuns for my walks, they're nice and light but I still find them supportive. They're not waterproof though, so not great this time of year 🤦

• @Cora Savage I like the nike react or revolution, they are a running shoe but I use for walking and run in different one (mind you running hasn't happened in a while) very light but good support. Though similar to Beth they arent waterproof, really comfy though.xx

• Similar to others I'm a Nike fan! I wear Nike Pegasus 36 (though 37 is the latest one) - I got them for running and then I loved them so much I got another pair, so have one mucky pair for my walks and runs and one for around the house or whatever. Also not waterproof but also I step the foot fully into puddles I don't notice the wet with them. 

(I have a discount code for 10% off in Lifestyle sports if you found a pair you were considering buying)

For me whenever I used to get shin splints when I was walking I think it was from starting walking super fast rather from the start, so maybe ease yourself in for the first 500m or whatever. 

Also- amazing on getting the steps in as well as the workout!!!! Go you!!! I'm doing the same, it helps having it as a focus to get out in the fresh air every day, and I find it loosens my body a bit from the workouts. 

• Sorry also actually the Pegasus are pricy enough (I've only ever bought them when they are on sale!) - so actually I also give the Tanjuns a vote like Claire said-comfortable and good quality, as a slightly cheaper alternate

• It all depends on your gait - I would imagine. What works for some one else won't definitely work for you. I think the ascis website have an interactive tool that helps you to do an at-home gait analysis. It's quite reliable. I think it's called the 'shoe finder' or their website. I'm a long-distance runner and my footwear can be COMPLETELY different to the lady next to me at the starting line of a race, even if she has a similar build etc to me. If you're not sure about the online analysis (it really is quite good though!!), wait until the shops open and go into a sports shop - lots of them have machines now that will do the analysis for you. 

• @Clare MacRory I agree with this - definitely check your gait! Makes a huge difference 😊

• @Beth Haughian The regatta ones are definitely super good for the rainy days. I got them originally for going on hikes with my boyfriend but alas with lockdown I haven't seen him or a hiking trail for a while so figured I'd start wearing them on my walks to keep my feet dry and I genuinely think I'll get another pair. They always have fab sales on as well, I think those ones that I got were down to €20 on sale one time. One thing my family will say about me is I LOVE a bargain lol always finding the sales and discounts ahha

• @Niamh Byrne here that's not a bad way to be at all!! 😂

• Girls thanks so much for all the recommendations. I've bought the Nike revolutions. I managed to get them in my size in the kids section so they were only €34. Fingers crossed they fit and work for my walks. I will let ye know how I get on with them.@Clare MacRory I'm going to go and do the shoe finder now and see what that says.