z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

The bitch in the bathroom | MaeveMadden

The bitch in the bathroom

• So stupidly I decided to weigh myself today (day 2 of my period of all days to weigh in) and that little bitch in the bathroom told me that I have put ON weight after flat out queening for 5 weeks. Now I know that I haven't been as good with my diet as I should be but tbh it's not much different to normal and my diet generally is pretty balanced. I haven't been on the takeaways or drinks. So with doing 6-8 workouts a week which is waaaay more than I usually do, I totally thought I'd have lost even an ounce but no no - not even a skin cell worth of weight. I know it's not all about the number on the scales but I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel frustrated. Anyone else feel the same? I don't think it's PMS weight because I don't tend to hold water weight etc. 

• @Laura C yeah to be honest Laura I started my period over the weekend and the whole week before I just felt crap, jumped on the scales today also and it told me I'd gained weight too I was so annoyed. But I know myself that the mirror has been kinder these days 🙌🏻 Maybe try go off measurements or progress pictures queen, the scales can be so annoying sometimes and there is so much that it doesn't measure! Our weight always fluctuates particularly around our period and it's completely normal but I know how it feels to get caught up in the thought of it but your weight doesn't define you or your strength queen 👑❤️ You are a queen, no matter what the scales says! Keep going with the workouts queen and my advice would be to lock away the bitch in the bathroom and base your results off measurements, looking in the mirror, confidence and strength 💛💛 Keep queening Laura ❤️❤️

• Oh thank you@Niamh Byrne, you're so right! Yeah measurements is a good idea, I just don't know how to measure the same place each week to do it accurately. Ah sure the workouts are great fun and I do feel fitter so obviously I'm seeing progress in some areas. I'll keep going and hopefully can report back with some progress in a few weeks. Xx

• @Laura C She is such a total bitch isn't she!!!!! And it can be so so frustrating, especially when you are putting in an effort. 

What helps me:

It is literally a measurement of gravitational force, and is just numbers. I follow Jordan Syatt on Insta- he is brilliant and has a few videos explaining about weight loss etc and why it might not be progressing (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EnY3Ya_soU) (He also did a month of a diet where he ate Big Macs for a month to prove that you can still lose weight doing that, albeit that is in an unhealthy manner)

You can loses ALLLLL of the inches and still be the same weight, as fat changes to muscle, which takes up less space in your body (hope I am describing that right!) - hence the measurements

Photos also capture changes that the scales won't

Non-scale victories- do you feel stronger and/or fitter, did you do one more burpee than this time last week/the week before etc. Did you go for a walk or a run and felt less out of breath, were able to go for longer. Are you beaming smiling doing our QDQ workouts?! Etc Etc- try base your whys on something more than the numbers and the achievements will feel more satisfying. 

Also- I'm the biggest example of you cannot outrun/out workout(!) a diet that is too high in calories (I LOVE CHOCOLATE AND WINE!!!), so if you can look into some small changes you can make that could make a difference? I don't advocate all out diets as they are not sustainable, but if you try one thing every week to cut down on slightly, or one less chocolate, one less glass of wine whatever. 

And then also- periods are so bad for skewing everything! Be kind to yourself and try again to just understand it could just be down to science, and you could weigh yourself next week and it would be different! 

• @Sharon Scully  ahh thank you so much, that's really helpful. Yeah I tend to stick to a rough amount of calories per day that my old PT gave me based on height etc, so I think that's why I was frustrated this morning because I've been sticking to that and exercising more and I've put on a wee bit of weight - how dare she say that lol!

You're totally right though about all the other wins and tbh I probably could push myself a bit harder in the workouts...I kinda just try to get through them and survive so maybe I could kick it up a notch and try that. I absolutely love spicy circuits on Mondays, they wreck me lol!

• Omg Laura.. I feel ur pain. Hadnt got on scales since Christmas and I was traumatised!, I'm into another number!,, there's me thinking I was being good exercising.  Then I thought maybe if I hadn't been exercising I'd be even worse. Maybe next time we'll not know ourselves. It'll all come off. Xx

• @Laura C don't beat yourself up .. and remember you may have lost body fat and replaced it with lean muscle which weighs more ... so throw that bitch of a scales into a dark dark place where you can't get it ! Don't be disheartened 

• @Laura C for my measurements ..for my waist , I always go around at my bellybutton height , and then also around midway down my perky peach 🍑 

• @Paula McMahon oh queen I feel your frustration! 😩 You're right though, it will fall off eventually. I'm gonna try to tweak a few things next week and see if that helps. And I do feel stronger and fitter so it's not all about the number on the scales as the other queens said. It was more just I couldn't understand it given that I've been more active than usual. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• @Catherine O Regan  oh thanks so much for the tips queen, will try that tomorrow!