z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Nutrition Topics You Want To Hear More On | MaeveMadden

Nutrition Topics You Want To Hear More On

• Hi Queens, 

I am so excited to meet you all virtually! In case anyone missed it, I'm Jodie, the new QDQ nutritionist. Each month you'll see tips, blog posts and food ideas from me so I would love to know what you guys want to know more on. Please feel free to suggest any post ideas or any burning questions and I'll try cover them in my blogs for you all!

J xx

• @Jodie Lawson-Wood how to enjoy alcohol at the weekends without destroying your weekday calorie deficit would be a good one for me :).  I may be asking the impossible here though haha! I know some of the Queens have done dry Jan or doing dry Feb but during lockdown I've felt I am already sacrificing enough and, for me, I know it wouldn't be sustainable in the long term. I have found that I tend to sabotage my efforts over the course of the week at the weekend. It's difficult because weekends are there to be enjoyed! Any sustainable tips would be really helpful. 

• @Jodie Lawson-Wood I know a lot of queens are working/studying from home at the minute including myself and I personally just find it super hard to find time to make a healthy lunch that will keep me going for the day. I find if I only have an hour gap for lunch it's difficult to quickly cook something nutritional and habe time to sit and enjoy it too.  Would love some breakfast ideas too! Porridge starts to get boring after a while lol. 

Welcome to QDQ Jodie, we're so happy to have you ❤️x

• Hi Jodie!  So excited you're here 😊  Echoing Niamh a bit, but I'd love ideas for healthy lunches with an emphasis on increasing protein (especially as a veggie!) and fuelling up for the 6pm work outs.  Thank you!

• I would like to know more on protein and what to include in your diet to help muscle recovery. 

• Hi Jodie! 

I have a super sweet tooth and I'm always craving sugar, so I'd love to hear about sweet treats that are low calorie. Also I loved the chicken kale and brown rice recipe, I tried it last night for dinner and it was so tasty. Maybe some more recipes like that, which are balanced and include greens. 

• @Jodie Lawson-Wood hi jodie, I'm so delighted ur part of QDQ!!!!! I'm just really looking forward to trying ur creations,  I just need a nudge towards healthier options with food and will gladly take all ur advice!!! X

• @Jodie Lawson-Wood so excited to have you! I'm wondering is there any better nutrition tips and tricks around time of month, foods to help with the liked of bloating, and maybe aid the tiredness (I might be asking too much here😂) and to help digestion? Just feel like this 5 days really affects the week before regarding bloating/ digestion and the week of it the tiredness and general disruption to life! 

• @Steph Archer Hi Steph, I'm with you, weekends are when I relax a bit an enjoy myself but then I end up ruining all my hard work. 

• @Jodie Lawson-Wood Hi Jodie, I'd love recipies that would suit all the family but be that bit healthier. 

• Hi @Jodie Lawson-Wood 😊

I have been following a primarily plant based diet since March 2020. Although I am doing the same amount of weight training, my muscles have depleted in the last few months and I think it might be due to a lower protein intake in my diet. I was taking protein powder to begin with but have stopped now as I have heard that it is better to use natural sources if possible.

I would love if you could do any of the following:

- give any advice on using protein powder as a protein source for vegetarians

-suggest some high protein veggie recipes for dinner/lunches

- suggest any tips to incorporate more protein into your diet if you are vegetarian

• Hi @Jodie Lawson-Wood I agree with post @Niamh Byrne I would to get some lunch ideas that will keep me full for the day and also breakfast as all I seem to eat is porridge or weetabix. Also if you had any sugar free recipes or snack ideas as there is two type 1 diabetics in my house.

• Hi Jodie,

I would love to see a blog post with maybe a ideal healthy eating day with a breakfast lunch and dinner with snacks.

Or even if there's any foods/supplements we should be incorporate into our daily lives etc.

so happy your part of QDQ!! 

• Would love some veggie work lunch recipe ideas! I can never think of anything yummy and not too carby so I don't fall asleep at my desk lol!! Also how do we work out how much protein we need? SO excited you're part of QDQ - welcome!! Look forward to reading the blogs xx

• Hi Jodie, welcome to team Queen, can’t wait to hear all of your advice.

I would like to hear more about protein and calorie intake. I’m under 60 kg, but would like to get down to about 55kg. I follow the general principles of WW (not the recent smartpoints way, a very old book) so I stick to 18 points per day or 1 or 2 points less. So I’m not sure if I’m eating enough, or if I’m eating enough protein. I do have myprotein shakes on days when I’m certain that I haven’t had enough protein. I workout 6 days a week. I would like to build muscle and have put on a bit of weight during this challenge, but cannot use a body composition scale to see if it’s fat or muscle due to a medical condition.

Any advice? Thanks so much. 

• Hi Jodie welcome, I would love snack ideas that don't contain nuts as I can't have them due to allergies and I just find that most snacks for healthy eating contain these ingredients so if you had any ideas for me that would be great thank you 

• Hi Jodie, 
    I would love to see nutrition ideas/plans based on individual goals. 
    For example; for weight loss, to build muscle, weight gain, strength, flexibility etc 

My goal is weight loss, doing at least three workouts a week + walking and not really seeing weight loss results. I'm so lost with the food side of things. Trying to eat healthy and make good choices, balance protein, carbs etc. But I'm just a bit lost! Look forward to seeing your posts and thank you! X

• @Jodie Lawson-Wood Hey Jodie, so excited to have you here helping us! As others have said, weekends ruining a week's worth of good work,.....but also I feel like food plans might help me or sample plans with choices of meals.....basically I LOVE food and can't stop eating -  even if I am not hungry or just bored or even if it is healthy I just eat too much I cannot stop because I adore food. I am fitter and stronger but measurements and weight has not changed since the start of QDQ spring queen challenge because of my eating....what can I do? Thanks xx

• @Jodie Lawson-Wood so happy to have u on board Jodie & really looking forward to benifiting from ur advise & ideas. So excited for this. 👑👑👑❤️❤️❤️

• @Jodie Lawson-Wood  Would love to learn about high protein, low carb meal prep ideas