z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Mat Recommendations Please | MaeveMadden

Mat Recommendations Please

• Hi Queens, 

I am in desperate need of a new mat! I saw Ester was talking about the one she uses on her instagram page but I wasnt sure if that was a Yoga only mat? Currently I use one from Aldi which is horrendous and I have to get it out and push it away every time I do not need it which makes me less inclinded to stay for abs. Has anyone got any that they would highly recommend? I need one that wont slip on the floor when we are doing a normal HIT routine but will also be good for Yoga as well? THANK YOU! 

• Hi lovely :)

Mine is falling apart - i get covered in pink flecks every time i use it - if only it was glitter!

I have just ordered a Hiit Yoga one from ASOS because it was only £25 which seemed much cheaper than others - however, i don't know how thick it will be when it arrives. It should arrive today/tomorrow so will let you know! 

xxx

• @Liz Stevens Conversation at end of Sweaty 7's on mats yesterday, can't remember all the names mentioned! Maybe look at in libary and skip to end. Was reading online also and saw this article https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/health-products/g34303747/best-workout-mats/

I'll update if I find names

D

• Hi girls. I have the Fiit mat. It's 100% the best one I've had. I've gone through so many cheaper ones that just fell apart and would constantly move when I was using them. The Fiit one is pricy but it's defo worth it. It doesn't budge on the floor and it's quite thick and like squishy so I find it great for hiit cos it's kinda bouncy.  
    https://shop.fiit.tv/collections/accessories/products/sample-product

• I'm such a broken record, but I can't say enough good things about the Lululemon Reversible 5mm Mat (used to be called the 'Namastay' Mat).  Someone asked for recommendations in the chat the other day, and I realised I got mine as a 30th birthday present to myself & I'll be 32 on 1st of March 😲  It genuinely still looks new and I've worked out on it nearly daily for those two years!

It says designed for yoga, but I've predominately used it HIIT & strength workouts, so I've bounced around plenty & battered it with weights. It doesn't budge during Spicy Circuits & Combat Queens, so that's the best recommendation I can give 🤣  They're pricey, but I did get mine at the Lululemon outlet at Bicester Village. It was around the £40 mark there, and I think the outlet is doing virtual shopping as they're closed atm, so might be worth checking.

https://www.lululemon.co.uk/en-gb/p/the-reversible-mat-5mm/prod6750166.html?dwvar_prod6750166_color=45053

• @Vicki Clarke Mine is the same, I actually use 2 of the same type of mat, one is tesco and one sports direct, and the foam is all over the place, it was fine when I was just doing pilates, but wearing trainers on them is terrible on them and they fall apart, I layer the two up as Im a bit of a princess and the pea and need the cushioning.

The amount of times I've stood on it in Hiit and its sent me flying!!

• @Anne Hamilton Black it must be the trainers on it then! I went for a different fabric sort of one this time so hopefully the foam doesn't flake off. We had some of those interlocking squares for a while - like a big jigsaw - but they moved all the time and came apart i was spending most of my workouts doing giant jigsaws! haha

• @Vicki Clarke oh yes please let us know what it is like! I feel like I am happy to spend but only if its going to be the right thing - mine is a roll up one so everytime I use it if I am not fully l layed out it rolls back towards me! 

Thank you @Elise Karam and @Cora Savage I will have a look at these ones too! x

• Hi girls - I would highly recommend the Sweaty Betty yoga mat (link below!). I was similar to some of you and had pink bits all over the place from my old cheap mat, so I feel your pain haha.

I got this one for Christmas, it's £40, and I've found it really excellent for HIIT workouts (even though it's called a yoga mat on the site). More pricey than some of course, but as we do the workouts so much I would say it's a fab investment and not a rip off. It stays put on wooden or tiled floor very well as has a grippier side and a smooth side. Material is really good, nicely cushioned for when doing abs / stretching and it definitely doesn't fall apart. Highly recommend:) 

There is also a strap that goes with it but sold separately if you want to keep it rolled up (I have this). 

Hope you find one that suits you Liz!!

https://www.sweatybetty.com/shop/accessories/yoga-mats/eco-yoga-mat-SB4023_CHARCOAL.html?dwvar_SB4023__CHARCOAL_color=charcoal&cgid=yoga-mats&tile=1.0#start=1 

• @Liz Stevens hiya Queen, I like some of the other Queens invested in the Fiit mat but as u know they r expensive. €50 plus delivery of approx €15 this is to Ireland of course. But honestly the quality is fantastic. One of the best things I've invested in. I always had my own mat even for the gym & I wld only get a year out of them but with the Fiit for me it'll b the last mat I'll need to buy as it's that good. 👑👑👑❤️❤️❤️

• I am using a towel but could do with upgrading to a mat. I will check out these recommendations. Thank you. 

• Mat Base

• Mat

• Hi Queens!

My Hiit Yoga mat from ASOS just arrived - I have attached some huge photos...sorry about that! Will use it for Active Arms & Abs tomorrow and let you know how i get on!

No more being covered in pink rubber wahoooo!! (found some in my bed this morning...it gets everywhere!!)

Vicki xx

• Oh @Tori Clarke this looks really good! Let us know how get on with it! I may have to copy xx

• Okay Queens, the verdict is in!! 

The mat is much thinner than my usual one but that's okay for me as I workout on carpet. The top is quite hard so for anything where I had to put hands or arms on the floor I had to use a hoodie to make it less scratchy.

It still moves across the room as I'm moving but that's okay, don't think I'll find anything that will fix it! 
    Plus I'm not covered in pink foam wahooo! 

It will do for now but will keep researching!

Have a lovely weekend ladies xxx

• Hi everyone 

My friend recommended a good mat to me now iv only been using it a few days but it's brilliant, it doesn't budge so far so good 

It's snakuga yoga mat, bought it on amazon

Hope the link below works 

SNΛKUGΛ Yoga Mat-Premium 3.5MM Print Suede & Eco-Friendly Natural Rubber Non Slip Exercise Mat&Fitness Mat for Yoga, Pilates, Bikram, Ashtanga & Workouts (72" x 26" x 3.5mm) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08DTZ3R35/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_PSGE7AYF66B9EDZJ0GDS?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1