z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Proud moments 👏 | MaeveMadden

Proud moments 👏

• Hi Queens!

Happy Friday - hope you've all had a fab week ❤️ Been absolutely feeling the burn the classes have been intense this week but sooo good!

So this week was the first time ever that I managed to do bear crawls instead of mountain climbers for the full reps and I am feeling just so proud of my progress can't believe the difference mentally as well as physically to push myself that wee bit harder! 

I would LOVE to hear what all of your proud moments from this week have been as a lovely Friday boost!! Honestly find hearing everyone else talk about smashing it helps me too! 

SO what are you proud of this week Queens? 

Xx 

• Hi @Niamh Mercer - Happy Friday!

Well done on the bear crawles - makes me feel more positive to know you're seeing changes in your ability, but you're right sometimes it is just a case of believing in yourself and pushing that little bit harder! 

It's my first week on the QDQ plan and i have LOVED it! Everything aches but I feel way more positive and energetic! I am proud  of so much this week; I have done what i set out to do, i have done way more Hiit than normal and i am still smiling through the sweat!

Trying Active Arms & Abs tomorrow morning if i can get out of bed!

Have the best weekend xx

• @Niamh Mercer Yess girl- well done you!!! For me you definitely have to celebrate those type of achievements (I call them non-scale victories) cos actually they mean so much more than a number on a scales, they show actual progress and results for the effort you have put in! So happy for you!!! You're flying it, and can only push onwards from here

My proud moment this week is I got kicked out of my parent's bedroom this morning cos I was jokingly showing off my abs and perky peach!!!! I sometimes struggle to see specific differences in the side by side photos, so I've started to focus more on specifics in the mirror, such as the definition in the sides of my thighs, the muscles in my arms being bit more defined when I do a bicep curl (even if its not obvious when no flexed) etc etc. Cos these achievements are there even if they are not shouting out in a photo!! 

I'm the same, I love seeing and celebrating how others are progressing!!

• @Tori Clarke Yaaay welcome Tori!! This week was tough with a capital Spice!!! So don't feel bad if you struggled in any way, as 11 months later I still find it a challenge - which really is what you want! Well done you on pushing through- and also never feel bad for taking some rest time- better to ease in and maintain rather than over-doing it too fast and resenting it. If you can I recommend a bath with epsom salts or magnesium salts, helps with the aches! Oh also- the yoga class on Sunday is fantastic for a real gentle lovely stretch, I've been doing it the last few weeks and it's become one of my favourite parts of the week. It's different to any yoga I have done before and Esther who takes the class is lovely

Active Abs and Arms is so much fun so I hope you make it! It's a really great one to end the week one. 

So happy for you starting this journey (hope that doesn't sound too cheesy!)- these workouts are brilliant, so much fun, they become really addictive, and we are so spoilt for choice that it doesn't always have to be a fast workout jumping around the place! Feel free to reach out if you ever have any questions! 

• Aww thank you @Sharon Scully that's a lovely message! 

I managed to do the yoga last Sunday and i felt like i was floating on air the rest of the day so i am definitely going to find time for  it again this week 😍

I've been doing the Insta lives for a while and I am now annoyed i didn't sign up to QDQ sooner - but better late than never, feeling great and can't wait for what's to come! 

Thank you so much honey!xx

• Woop welcome @Tori Clarke !! Sounds like you've absolutely smashed it on your first week that is just amazing. 

I have been doing Maeve's insta workouts for a while but officially joined Team Queen at the start of Jan and it's honestly been the best 2 months, the workouts have been the highlights of my week in lockdown! 

Yesss I love the active arms and abs - will always try and do it later in the day if I can't quite make it out of bed for the live workout 😂 

Enjoy queen have a lovely weeked xx 

• Ooh never heard anyone call them non-scale victories and that is just perfect @Sharon Scully !! I will be using that from now on 😊I try to avoid the scales and feel so much happier when I have no clue how much I weigh but feel fit and strong. 

Hahaha absolutely love your proud moment!! Always got to be your own biggest fan 😂 Good for you Queen, it really it those little differences you notice in yourself that make you feel a million dollars! So made up for you and your progress. 

Looking forward to seeing all these small changes keep building up over the next few weeks and months! 

• @Niamh Mercer Absolutely fantastic queen, you should be super proud of yourself! I've really seen an improvement in my upper body and core strength the past few weeks, doing full sets of sit ups now and I felt so strong when we were doing our push ups this week. I have no doubt the push ups will return tomorrow 🤣. I'm feeling super strong this week and I've been off my sweet treats for a few days now and definitely seeing a difference in my energy levels!! 

You're absolutely smashing it queen! Keep it up x

• @Niamh Mercer Well done on the progress! (and to everyone else that posted 👏)

This week I noticed a bit of a bicep popping up in my arms and to know me is to know I have "noodle" arms, long and scrawny! So that was definitely a highlight for me 💪 I'm worried though because I don't have any heavier weights than I currently use and I can feel that they are a bit light for some of the exercises so I will have to find some somewhere that aren't insanely price inflated  

• A proud moment for me has been slowing down and going back to a beginner move when it's necessary. Like yesterday when I had a stitch in my side. I listened to my body and took it easier for one round and then bam I jumped back into the higher paced more advanced moves and I finished stronger. Sometimes I find it hard to do this when it's necessary. So I'm listening to my body and getting better at that. 

• For me, a bit like @Sinead Bergin , it was taking a few days out, having to overcome the FOMO 😂 But genuinely, I was thinking about what I should be doing and feeling guilty and then I just thought, I have to listen to my body and if it’s saying to take a break, then that’s what’s right for me, regardless of what my schedule was saying. So, I took a few days off QDQ but got out for fresh air and walks and just took it easy. Came back this morning ready to go! 

• @Tori Clarke welcome to QDQ. It's great that you are enjoying it. The HIIT classes are high energy and high intensity for sure. The yoga class is brilliant after a week of exercise. It's a brilliant class for stretching out. I feel like it's really needed after all the other classes.

• @Sharon Scully i need to get some magnesium for the bath..thanks for recommending this. 

• @Niamh Byrne  ahh thanks gal!! And huge well done to you getting off sweet treats!! I have was good at coming off them after Christmas as I felt ready for a break in January but felt myself craving more sugar throughout the week in Feb so definitely one for me to ease off again now - will take it week at a time 🙏

Keep smashing it amazing you're noticing how strong your upper body is becoming I am excited to be able to do loads of full press ups one day X x x

• Woo hoo!! Well done @Hannah Shackles !! Stronger arms is a big goal for me too, so exciting that you're starting to notice a difference 👏 Yes fingers crossed they will return to normal prices soon once the inital New Year workout craze is over and if restrictions ease a bit as I would love a range of weights also. 

Xxx 

• That's amazing @Sinead Bergin & @Julianne Hickey and not something that is celebrated enough!! It's so easy to put yourself down for not feeling your strongest and best with each workout. I have tried to practice speaking kindly to myself and my body the last couple of weeks so if that means celebrating an extra rest day when I'm not feeling well or just sticking to beginner for moves I can usually do intermediate or maybe even advanced it makes me feel so much better and means I come back ready to smash it next time! Definitely not always good at listening to my body though and it is so important. This is a huge win well done Queens ❤️ xxxx