z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Choices choices! | MaeveMadden

Choices choices!

• Hello Queens & @Maeve Madden I have just started back on workouts after resting a dodgy knee for 4 months! 🎉 There are so many classes to choose from I hardly know where to begin.🤔 Ideally I like to do a minimum 30 minute class first thing in the morning 🤸‍♀️(sadly rarely make a live)and if I have the time I'll do a longer class. According to the NHS & HSE🚑I am the size of a small rhino🦏 😂 !!! So weight loss is important and I love doing weight classes and HIIT. Can you reccommend which classes might be best? Also any reccommendations for more stable trainers for dodgy knees? Many thanks in advance, Julia xx

• Welcome back! I'll leave the advice for one of the other queens, but just wanted to say hi 👋  We have soooooo many classes to choose from now, it's amazing. I'm sure Maeve will be able to advise you properly.. 

Personally my fav low impact ones at the moment are Sweaty 7s (all upper body), Toned with Tracy, and Barre with Sinead ♥️♥️♥️ 

• @Julia Hunt Hey Julia, sorry to hear about your knee! Hope you recover soon. 

Maeve put a blog up a wee while ago about what exercises are best for you depending on your fitness lever here: https://maevemadden.co/blogs/news/which-workout-class-is-best-for-my-fitness-goals

I was thinking this earlier as well, amazing how much choice we have here and how much flexibility there is to choose what you want and do it whenever fits into you routine. I'd say the high impact ones are probably best for weight loss like circuits, combat queens and HIIT party. However if you want to ease in with exercises that are best for your knees you're probably better going for the lower impact classes like Barre Ballet and Pilates. You definitely still feel it but it is lower impact. 

Shoes wise I just got the Nike Metcon 3, they're not at bouncy as other trainers however are flexible enough for lunges, burpees etc and give really good support for your knees. Think they are a cross between weighlifting and gym shoes which means they have that knee support there. I know a lot of the ladies love the super reps though

• Hi Julia 

If you are thinking of doing any cardio it hiit get the Nike super reps, I only bought mine there last week but looking at reviews they are the best but defo get foot ware  for supporting the feet during workouts! 

In terms of workouts :

hiit Friday morning is good for a serous sweat 

combat queens on Tuesday and spicey circuits are  other ones great for the cal burn if that's what u want

the rest of the classes are weighted and so depending on the area you want to work on  go for that workout 

I just started in jan and am usually allergic to exercise but it's so much fun 

if you want to know anything else just ask 

• @Amy Johnston @Amy Johnston Thank you for trainer reccommendation, I think I will have to invest, I've heard lots of good things about the Metcons. I have the super rep zoom - me thinking the bouncier the better 😂 but having read Maeve's blog I see that is not the way to go 😄 

• @Lisa Kilgarriff Thank you for the class recommendations, I'm looking forward to trying combat queens, did spicy circuit class this week - loved it😄

• @Helen Madden thanks Helen @Helen Madden I am very excited to get some definition on my arms before Summer so love the Sweaty 7's I haven't tried the barre classes yet- I will take a look this weekend. 😄👍

• @Julia Hunt welcome back Julia! I know the struggle with knee issues and I really hope you feel better after rest! I think some of my favourite classes for high intensity are HIIT fridays and the early bird! Maeve also has started doing a 20 minute HIIT workout on Instagram which might be what you're looking for! Go at your own pace queen & listen to your body! You'll be flying it again in no time 🙌🏻💪🏻

• Definitely check out the blog that Maeve posted to help with your goals. There are also lots of shorter classes to choose from.to help you on your journey.