z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Thankful to this community of Queens! | MaeveMadden

Thankful to this community of Queens!

• Hey everyone! 
    I've  not been on the forum for a while. Feels like it's been difficult last few weeks to get a moment to myself between work, my three year old daughter, house chores and squeezing in those workouts! 

After this mornings workout, I got pretty emotional too! I haven't really stepped back and reflected properly on how far I've come. Before lockdown last year I was in a pretty bad place. I wasn't very confident, I weighed myself everyday without fail (which would decide my mood for the day, how much I ate etc) and I was just in a really unhealthy mind frame. People would say I'm crazy, I have nothing to worry about as I was a size 8/10. But in my mind I felt unhappy with everything I seen in the mirror. Most of the time I was very good at hiding it and would portray a different person on a night out, and you would probably look at me and think 'wow that girl is confident'. But inside I was crumbling. Throughout the day I would be pinching myself, looking in the mirror, completely conscious of how I looked and presented myself. I was living off barely any food and excercising like crazy. I was constantly exhausted and getting ill. 

Then I found Maeve in March, thanks to my sister. Nothing really changed to begin with, I was participating in all the insta workouts, I was enjoying all the chats and positivity. But my mind frame and eating habits was very much the same. I started losing more and more weight...and rather than strong, I just felt weak. 
    But as time went by, and with the right help and support I started to get better. This community has been the core of helping me. My husband laughs each time I mention @Maeve Madden , like she's a close friend. But you have honestly been such a breath of fresh air. All the chats, tips, positive posts, real ness and honesty has been the most incredible journey to follow (I hate the word journey, but it really has been one) You helped me out of a really hard place. You have educated me in so much...how to live a healthy lifestyle, to banish the bitch scales, to enjoy life and food again, how to become strong, my form in workouts has improved and so much more. I have laughed and cried with you and the rest of the queens. I am now at a healthy weight, I have definition and strength, i have a healthy diet and allow myself treats. I still have my down days and struggles but nothing in comparison to what it was!

This really is the most amazing community! And I thank you with all my heart. 
    I could go on and on! (Apologies for the essay!) 

I know many queens will feel the same way! I celebrated my birthday the Friday just gone and I didn't feel guilt about the cake and prosexy! 🙌🏼

• @Rebecca Evans awh Rebecca this is so so amazing to hear!!! Happy belated birthday firstly and I'm glad u had the cake and prosexy..... it was time to celebrate! 

You should be so proud if what you have overcome! You sound so strong and happy now!!!! Yes we will all still have bad days but my goodness this site makes those days a little easier!

I feel just like you, from joining QDQ I have found myself again.  I feel stronger, I'm starting to self love for the 1st time in my life and the fun and friends I've made is just so brilliant!!! I feel lucky to be part of this community, I can't thank @Maeve Madden enough for creating this piece of heaven for us and empowering all ys women together! 

I'm so happy you struggled through queen, the hard part is done now! Let's enjoy the ride xxxx

• @Rebecca Evans Congrats on feeling stronger and happier! ❤️❤️ It's sooo great to be part of a group that motivates us all these days to get up and do something good for ourselves. I feel really lucky too to have this club, without it I'd probably be in my own head a lot more when working out and probably being too hard on myself. But it's so much fun to excercise this way and have a laugh or a cry like this morning. 

• @Rebecca Evans Wow, thank you for sharing this with us, Rebecca! That is the best progress of all  🙌  I (and I'm sure a lot of other queens) can empathize with what it is like to struggle so much internally and hide it from the rest of the world. It can get to be a lonely place because you know if you speak about it, others will just call you crazy based on the image you've allowed the world to see of you. I'm so happy that you've been able to find such peace in this community because it truly is a special place and the fact that you can even feel the positive mindset behind your message is wonderful. The bad days are going to come, but I'd argue those are just as important as the good days. They prove that you're still putting in the work and still fighting for what you really want. 

• @Rebecca Evans thankyou so much for that post ! i felt the same last year, an for along time , an saw something different in the mirror an constantly comparing myself to others . i'm 42 now an finally i think i actually like myself an the way i look an that is all due to@Maeve Madden . her honest chats an real photos and posts  have helped me look at myself an think it's ok to have that chocolate bar an  not deprive myself of all the treats !  i got quite emotional reading your post and although i'm not on here much i know that it's a place of kindness and that's what we all need ! our own minds are our worst enemies sometimes and it's great your feeling stronger and have found this community ! whenever i buy something my partner says ' did maeve recommend that '😂. she's got a lot to answer for 🥰an that's why i love her !  happy belated birthday queen 👸an well done on your journey so far  xxx

• Well Done @Rebecca Evans ! That was so brave of you to post and I would think that there are other people in this community who can relate and resonate with all and/or parts of your post so thank you for sharing. 💗

Although I don't struggle personally, I know a lot of women who do struggle with their relationship with food and body image and put up a facade in order to hide it. The topic can be extremely difficult to talk openly about but it is a huge leap in the right direction to open the discussion and reach out for help. I find it is so uplifting and inspirational of you to let down your facade share your story because I know most people wouldn't have that courage. Well done! 💪 It is also feels amazing to be part of a community that is helping to contribute to other Queens wellbeing - both mentally and physically. 

I hope you keep up the good work and be super proud of how far you have come and continue to join that helathy, strong body of yours. 😊

• @Rebecca Evans So glad you have been feeling so much better.   It sounds like you are doing amazing.. well done! 😊  And happy belated birthday!

I just caught up on yesterday's Glutes & Gains and, my my, what a class!! It was a serious burn but also such a reminder that we are all struggling with how tough everything has been over the last year (plus anything non-covid related!!) but how amazing is it that we have QDQ??

The healthy motivation, balanced lifestyle and support we all get from it is unbelievable.  It feels like we all support eachother, through the phones/laptops, even if we never actually communicate directly.  Does that make sense? 🤪😂

• Thank you so much to all the lovely replies. Sorry it's took some time to reply. I got emails to say someone had commented on your post, but I don't know why, at the time I felt like I wasn't ready to read them. 
    After I wrote and sent the post, I read it back to myself and I felt so emotional. It means the world to me to have all this wonderful support around me, not just from my family and friends but from this community as well. It's quite overwhelming and wonderful. The positivity and encouragement is like no other. 

So thank you for taking the time to read, like or reply. 💖