z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Dumbbell alternative? | MaeveMadden

Dumbbell alternative?

• Hello my lovely Queens 💕

I was wondering if I could get some advice? I would LOVE to be doing the spicey circuits and the toned classes with the other beautiful trainers, however I cannot seem to find any dumbbells anywhere 🙈. I joined QDQ 8 weeks ago and even though my fitness level has definitely improved I would love to get some advice on what I could use as weights as an alternative for the moment until I can get my hands on some dumbbells or if you could recommend where anyone got there's that would be amazing 💕

I love being part of this gorgeous community full of support, thank you for taking the time to read this and that you have a lovely day ❤️☘️

* disclaimer this is my first real post and I've never had so much anxiety sending one 🙈🙈💕💕

• @Clíodhna Weafer Smith Hey queen! They're very hard to come across I do regularly check Argos and ELverys but they've been out of stock for a while now! I think Mr Price online shop have 1kg weights. I think mountain warehouse have 2kg dumbells in stock at the minute, they do seem a bit pricier though but it depends what you're willing to spend I guess! I'd check your local homestore and more too, last time I checked online they didn't seem to have much in stock at the minute. My only advice would be to keep checking. I think last time I checed elverys had some online, thats where I got my 3 and 5kgs and they're grand. I'd definitely just keep checking different sites and you might be lucky! Also sometimes kettlebells are easier to come across but I use a kettlebell sometimes when my dad is using my dumbells and it's absolutely fine to use when Maeve gives the alternatives!

I'm not sure this was much help queen! I wish we could all manage to get dumbells but they're like golddust since last year! Also no need to be anxious about posting, we love giving a helping hand, supporting, encouraging, ranting and hearing the craic lol x

• @Niamh Byrne awhhh queen! Thank you so much for the help!! 🥰. I'll definitely keep checking those sites for sure, I'm in search of maybe a 2kg and 5kg but do they seem to light? (I'm terrible at this 🙈😂) but thank you so much for the website recommendations! I honestly cannot get over the kindness of the girls on the forum! It's like a little family 👸✨💕

• @Clíodhna Weafer Smith heya! Tesco is also another place you might find either dumbells or kettlebells! I got 2kg and 3's afew weeks ago off elverys and decathalon but it took awhile to find them as they kept going out of stock! Little woods do sometimes have them but can be exp and the delivery time is shocking 👀 

5kgs is heavy if you haven't used weights before I think!  You'll defo feel a burn with 2kgs! If u can't get them for awhile have seen people are using 2l water bottles so u could try that and the kettlebells should be easier sourced! Don't be nervous posting everyone is soooo nice on here and u can get some great advice and  info if you are confused about anything 💕😄

• @Leonie Mcnulty ohhh amazing thanks a million 🥰. Oh grand I'll definitely stay away from the 5kg so, being way to ambitious 😂. I know they're crazy hard to find 👀 would I be best looking for a light kettlebell so? Everytime I type in a kettlebell all this super heavy ones seem to show up 😂🙈. But amazing idea with the water bottles! I'll definitely give that a go 🥰. Thank you so much for the advice 🥰🥰💕💕

• @Clíodhna Weafer Smith 2kg and 3kg are honestly usually more than enough for me! We do such high reps and I feel like you really want to get your form right even if it's with a light weight! Believe me you'll still feel the burn! I use my 5's usually as single weights for squats and lower body, I used to use them quite a lot for upper body but genuinely feel like I feel it more when I go with the 2 or 3 and that way I'm able to do higher reps and making sure to keep my form right! I really hope you find some queen x

• @Niamh Byrne amazing! Thank you so much 🥰. I've put my email down for when they're back in stock so fingers crossed! They'll come when the universe decides I need them 🙈💕💕

• @Clíodhna Weafer Smith As an alternative for now you could use household items! Full water bottles, tin cans, bottles of laundry detergent (I feel like ones that have handles would be super handy) then maybe when they're empty you coud refill them! Milk cartons with handles that are refilled, anything can be a weight when we use our imagination lol! Maybe try decathalon also, they might have some light ones x

• Hi Cliodhna! 
    Omg I had 2 of these at home and filled them with sand so I used these for a week until I managed to find some old rusty dumbbells in the garage 😂 

I can't remember how heavy the were on my bathroom scales lol but it was better than nothing! They were a bit restrictive with some exercises obviously because of the way they're held but they did the job for a while! 😂😂

https://www.ebay.co.uk/b/2-L-Volume-Fitness-Water-Bottles/158950/bn_15877245

• @Beth Haughian ohmygod LOVE! 🙈 thank you so much! 😍💕

• @Niamh Byrne awh brilliant! My mam kept saying "use tin cans" but weirdly enough we actually don't have tin cans 😅 but great idea with the laundry detergent, never would of thought of that 👀 💕

• @Clíodhna Weafer Smith I have 2's and 3's and a 6kg dumbell and I'm getting on grand with them! And the resistance band, that's prob the best thing I bought really! To start I wouldn't go any higher, it's all about the volume of reps be dying after some sets even with the 2kgs 😅 ill keep an eye out for ya too 😄

• @Clíodhna Weafer Smith Hey Cliodhna - they're so hard to get at the moment! I just had a quick check online there and Decathlon seem to have 1.5kgs available to buy online. Also, Homestore & More have 2kgs available in some stores but not for online delivery but maybe one of the stores might be near you?! Might get you started if you could get them! xx

https://www.decathlon.ie/ie_en/fitness-1-5-kg-dumbbells-twin-pack-burgundy-en-s130387.html

https://www.homestoreandmore.ie/bodygo-neoprene-dumbbell-2kg-set/081989.html

• @Jean O’Neill wow Jean! Thank you so much for that and finding them for me!! That's so kind 🥰🥰🥰💕

• @Leonie Mcnulty oh amazing! I honestly wasn't sure where to even start with them and it's that overwhelming feeling of "I don't want to do it wrong" 😂🙈. Awh thank you so much for that! Even recommending what "weight" of the weights is SUCH a huge help 🥰💕💕

• Hello queens! I was wondering if any of you could offer advice on how to reduce a swollen tummy! Honestly it's so upsetting I look 6 months pregnant! And it's hard and heavy. I remember Maeve suggesting syndrome is it called? Is there a trial of this or an offer we can use? I just don't want to commit to something if it doesn't work but honestly I will try anything. I've tried a vegan diet, reducing things that trigger me ... any advice I'd be sooooo grateful xxx

• @Jean O’Neill hold the phone! home store and more sell weights this is bloody news to me. 🤣🤣 

• @Clíodhna Weafer Smith no worries at all! Hope you get sorted but if you can't get dumbbells the household stuff or water bottles will defo tie you over til you do! X 

• @Emma Cadden oh my god Emma this made me lol 😂 hold the phone! 😂 yea I saw it on the forum here that they sell weights, they have like yoga mats and stuff like that too! I think it was@Audrey Browne who said that they sell that stuff! 😃

• @Clíodhna Weafer Smith Hiya Queen, u will find that a lot of places are out of stock as the girls said but keep checking daily - weekly. In the meantime u cld try weighted gloves. I use thgem for Combat Queen & they're bril. I got them from Littlewoods they r by Davina McCall. Or u cld also try wrost & ankle weights. Which can b got in Homestore & More or even Tesco or possibly Argos. They r a good & inexpensive alternative until dumbbells come back in stock. I hope u get something Cliondna. 👑👑👑❤️❤️❤️

• 1 / 2