z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Absolutely gutted! | MaeveMadden

Absolutely gutted!

• I've had a dreadful weekend queens 😟

Friday and Saturday my hormone monster hit, migraines, aches and the hunger was unreal. So I relaxed and listened to my body with the hope I could pick up things on Sunday. Yesterday I was making something for my rabbits and sliced my thumb open (they best like what I've made them now 😅 ). Requiring a trip to A&E and stitches. I'm to keep it dry for a few days and stitches out in 9 days but my hand is completely out of action.

Any ideas what I can do for the next 9 days? Bearing in mind I struggled to put pants on today 🤪

So gutted. First exercise regime I've actually kept on top of and enjoyed, to fall down so close to the end of the challenge is heart breaking. 

Anyway, off to get a smear test just to start the week right 😂 

• @Megan Hunter oh no Megan this is just crazzzzy, so glad you got stitches and still have your thumb.  Oh a few days off is fine, just take it easy,will also be so your blood pressure doesnt go up and open the stitches I think.... see how you feel Wednesday, could always try barre ballet, or wait until you can do something you know... The beginner classes are super low impact and not much of aheart raiser, but maybe just rest 

• @Maeve Madden oh I'm so gutted Maeve. Hopefully I can be back for the last week and smash it! 

• @Megan Hunter Aw no Megan! Definitely take it easy queen, the more you rest it the quicker you'll come back. Like queen Maeve said maybe try something like Barre or a beginner class if you feel like it but definitely mind yourself until you feel you're ready to get back into it!

• @Niamh Byrne thank you. I'm just wallowing with a box of chocolates at the minute 😂

• @Megan Hunter omg you poor thing!! Hope you are feeling a bit better but defo just rest and even a little walk might be nice, sending you all the good vibes and positivity you will be back in action soon 🧡

• @Ellen Whelan thank you lovely. I think I will do a walk, thanks for the suggestion 😊💗

• @Megan Hunter So so sorry to hear that! Really glad it wasn't worse, though I know that doesn't help when you're in the depths of having to take an enforced break! Hopefully the time will fly by, and in the meantime enjoy some other things that maybe had been put on the back-burner, like netflix binging (let us know if you need some recommendations!), podcasts (for mindset/sports etc I really like Bressie, Brian Keane, Georgie Crawford, Sile Seoige; for randomness but mental health I like Blindboy), some more reading etc etc. You might have seen me say on other posts where I say you don't make massive progress in a few weeks and similarily you won't lose it all in that time either, so please try not be too disheartened. Here if ya ever need a rant! 

• @Megan Hunter god you have had an awful weekend of it. I feel your pain I hurt my back on the second to last week of the last challenge and like you was completely gutted as I had never stuck to workouts so consistently and was really enjoying them. But you definitely need to take it easy and if it's any consolation I took two weeks off and jumped straight back into to spring challenge without any issues apart from the first week DOMS which were fun 🤣
    Mind yourself.  

• Nooooooooo this is so unfortunate. Yeah listen to the advice given above. You want to get better. 

• Just did a big cry because I'm missing out on the festival today, heartbroken and feeling a bit lost without the workouts this week I won't lie. 

Thank you @Sinead Bergin @Ciara Franklin and @Sharon Scully  for your lovely words, I'm trying my best to stay positive, just a silly little mistake that's made my one outlet unavailable to me and I'm sad. 

But.. I suppose that shows how over the last 8 weeks I have really changed my lifetsyle and view on exercise and I'm really proud of my progress. Stitches out on Wednesday and hopefully back on it then. Challenege or no challenege! 

• Aw @Megan Hunter I would be the same- I rely on exercise so much for routine, for endorphins and stress relief. If the weather is nice take yourself out for a nice walk, listen out for the birds or stick on a nice podcast. You'll be back flying it soon queen, and soon this will be a distant memory- we need the dark to appreciate the bright, and you will be even more grateful when you get back.

Big big virtual hugs!!!!!

• @Sharon Scully Thanks Sharon, always around for a good pep talk! I'm going to join in for the talks and like you say go for a nice big walk and have a roast 😍

• @Megan Hunter Oh amazing, glad you are joining in still! I was going to suggest it but then wasn't sure if you had gotten a ticket so didn't wanna possibly make it worse!!! Enjoy them! Sounds like a lovely relaxing day for ya x