z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Trainers for running | MaeveMadden

Trainers for running

• Hey queens, 

I recently started wanting to start running again and I've been doing some short runs but I can't do much because I think the trainers I wear for walking definitely aren't good enough for running. I really need to get a new pair just for running if I'm going to start doing it regularly and was just wondering if any queens would have some recommendations for good, supportive and not too expensive running shoes. I know everyones foot is different and what suits you might be completely wrong for me but was just looking for some ideas of where to start looking and comparing if anyone has any recommendations. 

Thanks so much as always queens xx

• Hi Niamh,

I have used every brand of runner over the years and I find that the only brand that I personally like are under armour. 

I am currently running in the ones that I have linked below. I find that these have the right amount of support for me and I have been trianing for a half marathon wearing them and have had no issues - I am usually quite prone to knee and hip injuries. 

I am also reading a book "The Cool Impossible", which is written by a running coach (Eric Orton) and in terms of runners he has the opinion that you do not need expensive runners. In order to avoid injury the most important thing is the heel drop. The author recommends a heel drop >7mm if you land on your heel while running and then a heel drop of <7mm if you land on your toes. My runners have an 8mm drop and although I land on my toes I find that they're perfect for my running form.

I usually have a look on somewhere like Sports Direct to see if I can get a cheap enough shoe to fit my requirements in terms of brand/size and heel drop. 

Hope this is somewhat useful 😄

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Under-Armour-Womens-Charged-Running/dp/B07PVQKRXD/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=under+armour+charged+rogue+2+womens&qid=1614690174&quartzVehicle=72-1783&replacementKeywords=under+armour+charged+rogue+womens&sr=8-6

• @Niamh Byrne hey gorgeous,,, oooo I of course love a nike trainer, the pegasus or the zoom but another brand I have really liked for running is asics.  I foudn them to come up very neat and went a whole size up though... I havnt tried the under armour myself so not sure... Im not a huge adidas fan, have tried a few of them in the past and a bit meh.. hope that helps 

• @Niamh Byrne i have Nike revolution runners which I absolutely love but before I swore by ASICS when I was running more often. So good at taking the impact away from your joints. Have a look and see what you think. Great running trainers x

• Seeing Maeve's comment below - if you are going with UA I would get a half size up to make sure you have enough crash room. I made the mistake of ordering my normal shoe size for my first pair and they were ok for general gym usage/walking but too tight for running. 

• @Niamh Byrne hey Niamh, I've recently purchased the Nike air zoom Pegasus 37 for running and I love them. They are so comfy. They took a few runs to break in but they are the one of the comfiest running shoes I've tried so far ☺️

• I'm with Jia and Maeve on the Nike Pegasus. Super cushioned, and I dont get as many random leg niggles as I used to (like I would have no injury but my hamstring/calf/shins etc would invariably bug me the whole run for no reason!!)

I've tried Asics before I found them quite rigid which likely suits lots of people but not me- I did see someone mention they have a good link on their site for helping you determine best one for you, so could be worth a look

• Thanks so much for all the help ladies I really appreciate! Definitely will add some of these to a wee list and start doing my research. It's times like this when I just wish the shops were open so that I could go try them on! My family all swear by asics but I've never tried them, nost of my trainers are nike with a few 'dressy' addidas ones thrown in. Thanks so much queens you are all honestly the best xx

• @Niamh Byrne Thanks for this post girl - Ive also heard great things bout Nike Pegasus but am open to other options too and agree re shops being shut - would love an auld try on :)