z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Week 10 finished?! As if! | MaeveMadden

Week 10 finished?! As if!

• Hey Queens,

Can you believe that that's the Spring Queen Challenege finished?! Wow- it's just flown by!

How did you all find it? When I first started the challenge I posted photos of where I was at which were taken by my mum but since then I've moved back to Edinburgh for my final semester of uni and I can't bring myself to ask my flat mates to take "after" ones (just goes to show how comfortable I feel in this community compared to those around me!!!) so sorry about that! However, I sat down to journal the other day and thought about just how much getting back into exercise has benefited me and I'm honestly astounded.

I decided to take this challenge on during the middle of my medical school exams and everyone I told thought I was taking on too much and that I needed to focus on studying. HOW WRONG THEY WERE! So many times during study leave I felt that if I hadn't had QDQ as an outlet, I wouldn't have been able to sustain two months of studying and exams! It really helped me mentally get through exams and made me more efficient in my study time too as my head was clearer.

I've managed to wean myself to a lower dose of anti-depressants which is something I've wanted to do for ages but was scared of doing. My endorphins are so high and I feel like they're back up to the point where they were when I was training 4 hours a day of swimming. I'm so thankful that I'm back to a place where exercise is my new pill!

My mum has said so many times how proud she is of me- proud that I've made a comeback in myself and proud that I took this challenge on during such a stressful time. And coming from her, I can't tell you how much that means to me!

I'm LOVING exercise again and I can feel my fitness levels improving to what they used to be like 5 years ago. I've even decided I need to push myself more and I've taken on the challenge of doing the 4x4x48 later on in the year for charity (the training has already started and I'm addicted to running now too!).

And finally, my body confidence has rocketed!!!! I bought my FIRST EVER crop top last week to wear when exercising and I'm so glad I took the leap. I'm now looking in the mirror and feeling empowered! So thank you so much to @Maeve Madden, all the coaches and of course this wonderful community for helping me get back to myself!

Much Queening Love,

Erin x

• @Erin Cooper Aw queen you've made me emotional reading this it's amazing aw I just want to give you such a big hug! I'm so proud of you and you should be so proud of yourself too you are so so strong and look how far you've come even just in terms of your mental health that's absolutely inspiring queen!

I can completely relate to you with the studying, I found it hard to balance lectures, assigments, study and workouts sometimes but I found planning my week ahead in my diary really helped and it's a habit from the challeneg I definitely will continue in my everyday life, it just makes everything easier to track! I found sometimes I was sitting at my deak studying with nothing going in if I hadn't done a workout and honestly QDQ has just been such a stress reliever hasn't it? We work hard enough with uni we deserve to take time to ourselves ❤️

Sending you lots of love queen and congrats on all this amazing progress, it's definitely not always about the pictures because what you've said here is soo fantastic and you should be very very proud of yourself xx

• This is incredible Erin!!! You should be so so SO proud of yourself 👑💕

• @Erin Cooper beautifully worded Erin!!!! Well done on over coming so much while completing this challenge, it sounds like ur in an amazing place right now and I salute you!!! To reduce ur medication is amazing, I hope to do that soon when doctors are back up and running here! Maeve and all the trainers are beyond helpful and I love chatting to them all! They are d cream of the crop.

I found this challenge has pushed my fitness and I loved it! Doing more classes per day was amazing! I feel stronger and more toned then even! 

Getting to know more queens was a major highlight to me, the chats and craic is brilliant!! 

The festival was so fabulous,  only maeve and her team could pull off something soooooo amazing!!!! 

Like you Erin, I just love fitness now,  QDQ brings so much happiness to my life!! X

• Erin, what a story !! Well done queen for being so strong and pushing through for the benefit of YOU. That final year at uni is the time to be selfish and put yourself first and that can be in so many different ways.. anything to get through it and do well am I right ?! And look how far you've come ! What a great outlet for stress and an hour of enjoyment to every day ! So proud and happy for you !! X X 

• @Erin Cooper Erin thats phenomenal xx the challenge you set yourself was great and so happy to hear the effect the QDQ crew has had on you xx