z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Turn a bad day into a better one.... | MaeveMadden

Turn a bad day into a better one....

• So queens, I've only managed 1 workout on Monday and 1 yesterday due to crazy busy birthday celebrations at home for my little 9 year old!!!! I've eaten cake and sweets and instantly woke feeling like I needed to workout for the day to catch up on workouts I missed!!!

I was chatting with my girl @Niamh Byrne and she made me cop on and think about things again.  I'm tired and worn out and I don't need to do all the workouts everyday..... why we put this pressure on ourselves is still something i struggle with but its a constant battle of reminding myself... its OK to pull things back a little and not do as much some days... and thats ok!!! 

So as I was about to get ready for a workout, I opened the fridge and a can of Guinness flew out and sprayed literally everywhere,  windows, table, chairs, walls...... I would usually get so annoyed but instead I just started to clean the place all over again and thought in my head..... ill feel so much better once I do 1 workout so just carry on.

I look forward to the happiness and power I feel when I do these workouts...  I'm so grateful for the friends I've made and if you too are having a bad day...... know that when you get to do a workout, you will feel amazing!!!!

So im off to exercise and put that smile on my face again xxx

• @Carmel Mulvany honestly queen you're doing such a fantastic job and I hope you enjoyed your little ones birthday. It's completely normal to feel that way but so so SO proud that you did the workouts. To be honest I've been feeling so low and tired this week and even more on myself cause I'm like "oh I've only burnt this amount/ I'm still falling back to beginner moves/I've only been doing one class a day" and if I'm honest I wasn't up for doing a class until I read your post and because of you I just finished combat queens, felt the fire and feeling the happy hormones ⚡️. You're a superstar 🌟💕

• @Carmel Mulvany sorry to hear you're down in the dumps too. Must be something in the Spring air...

I have one question though...did you drink the rest of the guiness??? That would have made the workout much more fun. Might have vomited though, a guiness is a meal in a glass! haha 

Hope you enjoyed your workout. I just did the St Patricks day IG again to finish off my shit day, buzzing now! Country roads..... la la la.... :-)

• I find it so difficult sometimes because physically I am not able to do every workout and I get such fomo!! but I know I need to look after my body otherwise I will burnout! So I pick the workout that I will enjoy the most and do that one! I have to remind myself that I am no less of a queen if I am not doing every workout! 

I hope you enjoyed the workout though!!! xxx

• @Clíodhna Weafer Smith we hold each other up honey!!!! Thank you so much for ur kind words and im so glad you did a workout too.... it really helps d head and mind!!!! We don't need to do everything, 1 a day is more then enough, we just need a gentle reminder every now and then!!!! Xxx

• @Sian Townend 🤣🤣🤣🤣 I didn't  the Guinness,  I was too bloody mad!!!! I did Emma's hump day workout and woow..... just woow!!!!! It was unreal! Oooh I loved the Patrick's day routine so much.....  might do that again!!!! Sending you and any queen that needs it today...a big hug!!! Xxx 

• @Sammi Trev so well put sammi and ur so right!!!! We are more of a queen when we listen to our bodies and work with them!!!! Xxx

• @Carmel Mulvany I actually remember when I was practising yoga quite regularly that the instructor use to say that sometimes not going fully into the posture, so as to not push yourself too far is the harder thing to do, and I think it is a great idea to remember!

• @Carmel Mulvany right back at you honey! Glad the workout lifted your mood!

ps I'd have totally drunk the guiness 😜

• @Sammi Trev brilliant advice...... slow and controlled is key! Xx

• @Sian Townend I'm raging i didn't now.....🤣🤣🤣🤣

• @Carmel Mulvany 😂

• @Carmel Mulvany Happy birthday to the lil lady, I hope she and you all had the loveliest of days! Grab onto joy where ever you can at the moment and hold on tight! 

A key mental factor (and one that I fight with too) is to do workouts because we want to, not because we feel the need to burn food off or to have it nearly as a form of punishment after some treats. You don't make progress in a day or 2 of working out, and similarly you don't lose progress in a day or 2. Easier said than done, and I'm the exact same too but just think- next week are you going to remember anything about a workout you may or may not have done on a Monday or a Tuesday, or are you going to remember the fun and the giggles of the party?

Sorry now but the vision of the can of Guinness spraying everywhere did make me laugh, once a can like that goes off it is everywhere! I've now exaggerated the image in my head to it having been like a wayward hose spraying around everywhere!!! Disaster, and totally like something that would happen to me!!! 

PS if you haven't done spicy circuits or sweaty 7s yet there's a new move called skull crusher, it's giving me nightmares but so so effective!!! 

Always here if ya need to chat! xxx

• @Sharon Scully oh Sharon, I did laugh after cuz it was exactly as you imagined,  like a hose spraying all over the place!!!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

So i did sexy shoulders..... yep I was singing our song 🎵 🤣🤣🤣 and scull crusher was unreal! My arms will feel that 2mro!!! 

You are totally right honey,  I woke up thinking of all workouts I needed to do and then pulled it back to what do I want to do today and enjoy it. I think its something we have to keep remembering!!! Thanks for ur lovely advice as always hun xxx

• @Carmel Mulvany heya my Queen, glad the birthday celebrations went off well for u & the little one. How time flies Carmel? Honestly I think that can of Guinness was a sign for u to slow down, to take a breath, to think about u for a change. To put ur feet up.  I agree with @Sharon Scully do the workouts because u want to & not because u feel need to. U're making it a chore then. For me I use the workouts as my time. For the fun, the enjoyment &  the chats with u all. The minute Shania comes on, my guys will back out of the room & give me my space & time. Just make time for u doll even if its a long hot bath with a can of Guinness 😜or glass of wine. 😍.

I tell u this much Carmel I wldve lost the plot over the can of Guinness 🥵😜. What a waste of drink 🤣🤣🤣🤣. I hope u feel brighter soon my friend, always here anytime u nd 🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰👑👑👑❤️❤️❤️

• @Audrey Browne thank you so much honey!!!! You girls always put me back on track and ill be forever grateful xxxxx defo feeling better today, started my morning off with sineads glow and flow, it was pure bliss!!! Xx

• @Carmel Mulvany aw Carmel you're doing fantastic queen and you definitely deserved to enjoy the birthday celebrations without feeling guilty ❤️ You work so hard but we just have to be careful not to burn ourself out and times, take some time for yourself queen 👑 

I hope you're feeling better lovely xx

• @Niamh Byrne love ya honey xxx