z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

New Goals for Summer Queen Challenge | MaeveMadden

New Goals for Summer Queen Challenge

• Hi Queens,

I’ve been doing the insta lives with @Maeve Madden since May last year and have been a member of @QDQ since the website launch.  I absolutely love it!  Like so many of you, it has gotten me through this past, and sometimes very lonely year 😞

I took part in the Spring challenge and felt fantastic.  There was no physical change in my body, I didn’t lose any weight but that hadn’t been my goal.  My personal challenge was to see if I could actually do the workouts and show up every day.  The surprise to me was I did, and absolutely loved it!

This time around however I do want to see changes in my body.  I do NOT want to go back to a diet mentality that is directed mostly at us women and one that I’ve sadly given a lot of my life over to.  Nor will I let the bitch in the bathroom rule my life 😉  However, after a year of working from home and wearing sports gear/leggings my ‘normal’ clothes don’t fit me! 

Perhaps it’s the brighter days, with the vaccine rollout and hopefully summer weather coming, I want to able to get back into my clothes.  So I am going to look at my nutrition for this challenge and make some ‘different’ food choices.  Nothing changes if nothing changes.  I haven’t been very active on this forum for a number of reasons, wfh sitting at the laptop all day has kept me off it in my spare time.  My first change however is committing to checking in here on Sundays and keeping myself accountable.  This community is so supportive to each other and I know I will be inspired by all the fabulous queens and carry that into my week ahead.

I have a significant birthday coming up in July 🙊, perfect timing for this challenge.  It’s a roundy birthday (one with a zero on the end) and I would like to be a little less round 😊

Since joining QDQ I have come to love, appreciate and accept my body.  After all it, carries me though the workouts every day 💪!  I just want to tweak it a little bit.  I want to look and feel good and wear my crown👑 with pride knowing I’ve done my very best, for ME.

Thanks for reading, good luck to you all with your own goals.

Love,

Dee xx

• You got this !!😍😍🥳🥳

• @Deirdre Mooney I love this honey and I hope you achieve all you want to!!!! I have habit of eating all the wrong stuff and like you, I'm going to try make some changes with food also. I think with Jolie and more recipes coming soon we'll get on the right track!!! 

I have no doubt you will be queening for ur birthday celebrations!!!!! Xxx

• @Carmel Mulvany Thanks so much Carmel, & for your continued support, we will get there 💪 👸🏻 Xx

• @Jacqueline Murphy thanks 👑 🥰

• @Deirdre Mooney 🥰🥰

• Well queens 👸🏻 the week has absolutely flown by! Started off great full of determination and then as usual fell by the way side coming towards the weekend. 🙄Still a start is a start And it wasn't all bad.  I know my weaknesses and I really just have to see how I can make better choices.  Going to try a couple of the recipes here too. 
    looking forward to the week ahead, best of luck everyone xx

• @Deirdre Mooney well done deirdre! I had similar wk, food and energy definitely slacked towards end of wk but bring in a new wk!!!! Learning more as we go!!! X

• Hi all,

Can't believe were coming into week 6! Feeling really strong over the last fortnight and have increased my workouts from an average of 3-4 to seven last week.  I also tried @Sinead Corcoran glow and flow class and loved it! I'm hoping to build some core strength and work towards doing a proper sit up 😉

Nutrition  (by this I mean my sweet tooth) is still not as good as I would like.  I did make @Maeve Madden 's sweet potato sheperds pie, it was delicious and will  deffobe making again.  Anyone else try any of the recipes?

Looking forward to week 6 queens, xx

• @Deirdre Mooney go you Deirdre, well done on completing 7 workouts,its not always possible but you do feel great when you do a few extra classes don't you? I am also trying to get into Sineads classes a bit more, Im a divil for just doing the high intensity workouts but when I do do Sineads pilates or yoga I really enjoy it. Shes a genuinely lovely person also. 

My sweet tooth has got the better of me aswell and Im not really watching what I eat so I need to get better. I havent tried the recipes but I have made sweet potato pie in the past and really enjoyed it. I live with my parents and they arent the most adventurous with foods so thats the reason I dont make anything too exciting 😅 plus Im not really into cooking that much either. I do like the look of the turkey fried rice so I would like to try that some time, for myself 😂

Great start to week 6 💪 Lets keep up the good work Queens xx

• @Deirdre Mooney a very well done on a great wl for you!!! You got alot of classes done which is brilliant!! I got good few done too but just lacking energy and motivation!!!

My sweet tooth is out of control so need to really try hard this wk!!!! Must try that shepherds pie!

Like you girls I adore sineads classes, barre is so so good!!!!! Really hard but I love the challenge! Love mixing them in with the high intensity!

Here's to wk 6 being bit better!!! Xx

• @Carmel Mulvany I havent tried the barre class, might give that a go this week.  There is so much to choose from but I really like doing the lives, so I just stick to those that suit timewise for me. hope you had a good week.

xx

• @Deirdre Mooney yeah the lives are fab!!!! I miss them so much and back working so I'll not make many, if any!!!! Catch up for me!!! Oh do try barre if you get a chance,  it's serious spice without the high cardio!!! Xx 

• Can't believe we are now finished week 8!  Sadly I've had a couple of bad weeks, did about 5-6 workouts as they keep me sane, but nutrition wise I've completely fallen off the wagon and cant get seem to get back on it.!  I do this alot, self sabotage myself just when I feel I'm getting somewhere 😢 wtf is wrong with me!  I know if I could control my eating it would all fall into place; it all goes great during the day, then see when evening comes, if its sweet I will eat it 🙄 

Sorry for the depressing post, I have to be honest with myself and putting it here is that acknowledgment.   On a positive note there are 4 full weeks left and I will try to make them count. 💪

Good luck everyone, 👸

• @Ashley Jordan hope you tried the turkey fried rice, its so easy to make, we loved it here! xx

• @Deirdre Mooney 5-6 workouts is still really really good Deirdre, honestly, its double the minimum requirement for the challenege and a lot more than most people do in a week so I wouldnt be hard on yourself at all. You are doing great!

My eating isnt great either and I have a big sweet tooth aswell, when I have tea I have to have a biscuit or chocolate! I really need to set myself a challenege like I did during lent and cut out biscuits during the week and have them only at the weekends. I managed it then so why cant I bring myself to do it again now?! 😅

Try not to beat yourself up about it all,we all have good weeks and bad weeks and the most important thing is that you havent given up, you keep doing the workouts and you're trying your best so thats more than enough. Better weeks are coming,lets smash this last 4 weeks 💪

• @Deirdre Mooney no I havent Deirdre, I am a disaster when it comes to trying out new dinner recipes, I get very lazy and ususally just stick to the same meals every week, very unadventurous!

• @Ashley Jordan thanks so much for the words of encouragement, better weeks are coming 🥰👸🏻

• @Deirdre Mooney well done honey!!!! You are flying it with the classes and you should be so proud!!! Food for me has fallen too..... I just need to get back into preparing stuff otherwise I just eat whats convenient over healthier!!!! We'll get there mrs... Next wk is a new wk!!!! You've got this queen xxx