z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Cold Showers ❄️ | MaeveMadden

Cold Showers ❄️

• Hey Queens,

After Frans class this morning I decided to start testing cold showers in the mornings too. I find for the early bird classes im so tired and sluggish because I just jump out of bed haha so I want to see will this help me to be more focused during training.

So from tomorrow Im going to start with just 30 seconds and up each day or week (ill see how brave I am) 🤭

Anyway if anyone wants to try it out too I though this would be a good space to chat about how we get on with it 😁

*Edit*if anyone is going to start cold showers I just wanted to recommend looking into it first so you don't give yourself a shock. Breathing techniques are also helpful which I didn't know when I done my first one. My breathing was all over the place 😂

• Hey Rachel!

I started trying to have the last few seconds of the shower on cold water back in March! I'm up to a full minute now and am loving it. Really wakes you up for the day and feels fab after a workout. 

Let me know how you get on and best of luck braving the cold! xx

• Oh fab! One minute, that's amazing 🙌🏻really looking forward to working my way up! 

• @Rachel Vickers oh Queen go u Rachel. I've bn so tempted but always chickened out. Let us know how u go 🙏💪💪💪👑👑👑❤️❤️❤️

• @Rachel Vickers u have another Rachel supporting u. 🤗 🤗 🤗 

• @Rachael O’Riordan oh Holy moly Queen 1 min that's fantastic. Well done Rachel. Seriously tempting me now. 😩👑👑👑❤️❤️❤️

• @Audrey Browne you'll feel amazing for it Audrey! Let me know how you get on!

• Oh girls well done,  that's brilliant! I have started with my hair as I'm training hair!!! Really must try it, I cud do with a lift some mornings 🤣🤣🤣

• 40 seconds today, my god it was freezing but the energy I had afterwards was fab 💯 

• @Carmel Mulvany just make sure if you are doing it for hair training, that the water isn't too hot to begin with and dont go to freezing cold as this shocks the hair and can cause damage too, ie go from warm to lukewarm/tepid not freezing cold, hth xx 

• Oh that is amazing for you.  I tend to do if after a workout feels sooo great.  Mornings I usually go outside first thing. I get up get dressed grab a glass of water and straight outside within 10 mins.  I got for a 10-15 min walk no matter the weather and I find this really helps to wake me up 

• @Maeve Madden I could definitely have jumped back in after spicy circuits this morning 🤣 bet it feels great! 

• @denise lyons thanks queen,  I might be using to cold..... ill try it like you said for next wash xx

• @Carmel Mulvany well done you im only brave enough to do it for my hair, the shapes of me in the shower trying not to get the cold water on me 🤣

• @denise lyons what us queens have to do....🤣🤣🤣

• Ohhh you girls have me missing ice baths! I used to take them after running and was one of the few weird ones that really enjoyed them! I currently do the quick cold water splash on my hair at the end of my shower but now I see that I might be doing it wrong (thanks for the info @denise lyons !!) so will try to slowly progress into making it longer each time.

• @Carmel Mulvany OK Queen, what's hair training????? How come I've never heard of this??! 🤔👑👑👑❤️❤️❤️

• @Audrey Browne 🤣🤣🤣 probably doesn't work,  that's why!!!! I follow few hair dressers on inst and they say if you train ur hair  you won't need to wash it as much!! It doesn't get greasy as quickly! 

You basically wash and condition hair as normal but at the end you rinse with cold water, not freezing water, like like warm to cold. Then after you blow dry you use dry shampoo straight away to get rid of excess oils and then over next few days u just use dry shampoo.  I wash my hair maybe 2 a wk and with having short hair like you it seems to help ! 

• Trying the cold shower too after Fran mentioned it the other day. I tried it last year aswell for a short while but felt I was getting sick with a cold so stopped 🤧 I do feel like I'm getting a cold again but I'm going to work through it and I'm sure it will pass. I gradually reduce the temp during the shower and especially when washing my hair. Then at the end of the shower I do about 30 secs of cold. I do feel like it wakes me up more and feel a bit fresher for the day.  

• Also,on a separate note about the hair training.

I too get very oily hair and need to wash it every second day. So many people used to say to me to leave it longer between washes and that I could "train" my hair not to produce so much oil. I did believe this up until recently when I started following a trichologist on Instagram @truahair She is big into scalp care as she herself lost all her hair a few years back to alopecia. She does not recommend leaving dry shampoo on your scalp for days ESPECIALLY when you are exercising and sweating a lot as this creates even more build up on the scalp and blocks the follicles which in turn if you are prone to hair loss can make issues worse. This is really only applicable to people with scalp concerns so maybe it's different if you have normal hair and scalp. I know I can't get away with 3 or more days even with dry shampoo,the grease bothers me way too much and I end up getting little pimples in my scalp and around my neck.  Even though it's a pain in the arse I try to wash it every second day. 

I'd recommend checking her page out if you have an interest in hair and scalp. It's also where I buy all my hair products now. 

X

• 1 / 2