z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

FEELING HAPPY | MaeveMadden

FEELING HAPPY

• Hi queens, 

Writing this after just finishing a workout. Started QDQ as I wasn't feeling happy in myself, physically and mentally. It has been a very tough year through lockdown, dealing with loneliness and just on a complete low. QDQ provides a great sense of community and the workouts are a great way to release stress. Safe to say I am LOVING the Summer Queens Challenge! ☺️

J x. 

• You're absolutely right, QDQ has been brilliant through lockdown and kept me moving (and sane!). The challenge has been great so far - i hope it's helping you to feel happier in yourself too! Brilliant community that Maeve has created - everyone is so lovely and supportive :) xx

• @Josephine McGeown Delighted to hear this!!!! A large amount of us feeling the same, and eternally grateful for having this outlet to have helped get us through this last year

• I have tried to get my motivation for exercise back for months and nothing worked, so I am absolutely buzzing that I have got into QDQ and the summer queens challenge!! Finally have my motivation and love for exercise back! 

Im getting married soon and definitely feel the pressure to shed some pounds (no way is my dress fitting me right now) but really struggling with the diet side of things because I just love snacks! Anybody have any tips for this? 

👑

• @Samantha Ross so glad you got the exercising mojo back! These classes are the best fun, it makes the motivation a bit easier cos you just know its going to have you smiling! Maeve has a blog in the tab about recommended classes for helping with weight loss (but I think the main thing is doing the ones you enjoy the most!)

I'm a snacker too!!! I don't recommend cutting out completely as for me it just makes me want more. My go-to's are

- lindt dark choc (70%, and salted caramel for me!).

- toffy pops, my fave biscuit so if I have one a day with tea it feels like a treat! 

- rolo mousse (80 cals) - choc caramel mousse makes me happy! 

- proper corn sweet and salty popcorn for the sweet and savoury hit! 

- Walkers baked cheese & onion crisps

- apple with a nut butter

- berries and some protein yoghurt

- fibre one salted caramel pr chocolate square

I think for me the important thing is knowledge and a small bit of self-control- there are plenty of delicious treats that are low enough in calories that can really satisfy the sweet or savoury tooth out- and if you try to really focus, take the time and savour the taste as you eat say the biscuit you might not need to reach for a second one as you feel satisfied with the one. Hope that helps- like I say you can definitely treat yourself and lose weight, just need to be a bit savvy. Always here if ya wanna chat some more on it

Also- eeeeek, so exciting about getting married soon!!!!!! So so fabulous! 

• @Josephine McGeown awww this is fantastic to hear and I'm pretty sure everyone here feels the same!!!!!! I just love the positivity and support and kindness from all the queens here! It's amazing 

• @Samantha Ross Hey fellow summer challenge queen. How exciting you're getting married and you will look gorgeous in your wedding dress. The work starts in your consciousness, making choices and decisions, habits and rituals. 

I love Sharon's advice, choose a healthy alternative over a regular snack. Sometimes we crave a food just because it's familiar. Maybe try a farmers market (online) or when shopping choose healthy options you never tried before, make food fun again! 

- cucumber and spicy hummus 

- melon wrapped in parma ham

- stir fry veg, no noddles just veg with a dash of balsamic and whack it all onto a wrap

Just some ideas to think outside the box! 

You will look FABULOUS on your wedding day regardless so enjoy this challenge and enjoy the lead up to your wedding, you got this queen 💪🎉👰‍♀️💘

• @Sharon Scully thank you so much for all the tips!! 😊 I will have a look at that blog you mentioned too! Hopefully I get better with the self control and allowing myself healthy treats! Glad to have all you Queens to keep me accountable! 👑🥰

• @Angela Fealy Hey girlie, those are really good suggestions, will have to try some of those! 😊 Yous are so kind, thank you! Just gotta keep going! Queens don't quit 😉👑🥰

• @Samantha Ross Doesn't even necessarily have to be "healthy" treats, mini versions of bars, one biscuit instead of 2. Everything in moderation can be fine! Like I say if I cut everything out I wouldn't sustain it, whereas I try find a happy medium where I still can have chocolate!!

• @Sharon Scully Absolutely, sorry I didn't mean to come across as everything must be healthy. I totally agree, everything in moderation. I'm a huge foodie myself, love the chocolate too!! I just wanted to give the suggestions that have worked for me when I've a target to reach for an occasion. Queens Don't Quit 👸👑💪

• @Angela Fealy Oh no not at all!!!!! No need to apologise at all! Totally in agreement!