z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Getting back into work outs | MaeveMadden

Getting back into work outs

• Hi All,

I'm getting back into doing the workouts after a pretty long break. Does anyone have any suggestions on what classes to start with? I wouldn't be a beginner but I'm definitely rusty, When I stopped there weren't as many options! thanks!!

• @Sarah Keane Hi Sarah! Welcome back!!! OMG isn't the selection something else, we are spoiled for choice!! Maeve did a blog if you look in that tab and it goes through the different types of workouts based on a goal type (be it strength or weight loss), it might not include some of the newer classes specifically though (Francesca Booty Band Burn and Tracy be strength). It might be a good guide as a starting point, and also the good thing about most classes is the instructors all give beginner alternate moves, and you can always go at your own pace too.

I personally enjoy a mix of strength and hiit, so I do Booty Band Burn, Barre Ballet (low impact but so good!), most of Maeve's classes (hiit, and hiit and strength)- current faves are spicy circuits (3 rounds of 3 sets of exercises 50 seconds on 10 seconds off) and combat queens (lots of punching and kicking the air, feel like such a bad ass doing it!) Her Friday class is brilliant too- weight based leg strength. 

I definitely recommend Esther's classes too for some lovely stretching and downtime. I've yet to try Emma and Lily's classes, though I've hear great things about both! Tracy's class is similar to spicy circuits, and is so good and over in like 30 mins! 

best thing is to dip in and out of a few and see what you think, or even look at some from the library to get a feel for them! Enjoy trying them out and feel free to reach out if you have any specific questions or queries! 

• @Sharon Scully awww Sharon you are so kind.  I too feel like a bad ass b**ch lol when doing combat queens

• @Sarah Keane hi Sarah welcome back queen yaaay.  Dont worry lots of people take time away .  I suppose it would depend on the type o fworkouts you enjoy and maybe what time you like to workout.  A lot of queens really enjoy actually doing the classes live and so then join in at the times they can.   I love spicy circuits too but you need equipment.  This hiit party on Friday will remind you of the old IG classes they are lots of fun.. Dont worry you will get back into it in no time at all 

• Thanks so much @Sharon Scully  and @Maeve Madden, can't wait to start back into it! Going to start with the Sexy Shoulders tomorrow morning I think and dip in and out of the rest of them over the next couple weeks. Thanks for replying!! :) 

• @Sarah Keane choose whichever workouts suit you time wise or what your looking for but do it at your own level to begin with, you'll be flying again on no time! I like mixing it up from Hiit to yoga etc, it's super to have so much diversity!  Starting is the hard part, ten mins in you'll be wondering why you didn't start sooner! 💞good luck and enjoy x

• @Sarah Keane welcome back darling!!!! The queens have covered the classes so now you have the fun job of picking which ones..... we ate spoiled for choice and they ate all sooooooo good! Enjoy trying out some new ones xxx