z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Week 4 - Done & Dusted | MaeveMadden

Week 4 - Done & Dusted

• Well Queens another week bites the dust. And I know u all smashed it. I have bn missing from the forum this week so I have to catch up with u Queens. But in the meantime please share how ur week 4 went for u good or bsd. Remember we're in this together.

I'll keep it short my week was quite good got in all myworkouts again this week which I'm happy about. I started on calorie deficit just to help me with portion control & snacking. I'm slowly getting the hang of it. So if anyone has any advice or tips I wld be very grateful 🙌🙌🙌🙌.

Wishing u all a very happy & successful Week 5 Queen. U know u've got this, so enjoy the heck out of it. 🥰 🥰 🥰 👑👑👑❤️❤️❤️

• @Audrey Browne Can't believe we're already into Week 5 Audrey it is crazy how fast this challenege is going already!

So glad to hear you are smashing it and working towards new goals, that is brilliant 😊 I am so happy with how Week 4 went, I moved up a weight and I'm feeling stronger and fabulously confident! Ready for a new week 💪👑

• @Audrey Browne Wow fair play to you Audrey, managing the calories is a very difficut thing to do but no better woman than yourself to give it a go!💪

I got 7 workouts in last week and lots of walking which I was happy about. Sleep quality has been very poor the last while though, is anyone else finding this? I feel it does affect how I perform in my workouts but with the fine weather Ive had a considerable amount of energy surprisingly.

Also, on a seperate note, does anyone have any advice for nasal allergies? I dont know if its actually hayfever I am suffereing with as I dont get itchy eyes but my nose has been soooo sore and dry the last few days and I know its worse at night so thats probably not helping the sleep situation. Using antihistamines and nasal saline rinse but I have read that antihistamines can sometimes make the matter worse as they dry you out too much. Honestly feels like the sahara desert in my nose 😅 Im laughing but its so uncomfortable.

I hope you all have the best week, first Monday of Week 5 Challenege is complete for me woop 😊 Francesas and Maeves classes were pure spice!

X

• @Ashley Jordan Hey Ashley do you follow Meaghers or Oonagh O'Hagan from Meaghers on Insta? They've done a good bit on hayfever and the like in the last few weeks- probably saved as a highlight on their pages. Or if you reach out to Meaghers direct on Insta they are amazing for helping out with queries!! 

I'm in a slight bit of a weird headspace- know my diet isn't as good as it good be which is impacting my progress and am suffering with some new IBS symptoms that I can't pin down the source of! I feel like I didn't do much last week but I just looked it up and I did 6 workouts, a 4km run on Wed and a 10km run Sat, and 8 walks of around 4kms at a time!!! The head is a funny old thing, isn't it! 

Good luck with the calorie counting @Audrey Browne - if you stick with it for a few weeks you'll have a fair idea of where you're at and if comfortable can estimate going forward rather than sticking to rigidly. Knowledge is power! 

• @Sharon Scully thanks Sharon,I think I used to follow them before so I'll have a look at their page again. 

Wow,well done on your week 4!! 👏👏 A 10km run is something I wouldn't forget that's for sure 😂😂 the most I've done in one go has been 8km and I was on cloud 9 for the week after it,ya swear I had run a marathon. All those walks,runs AND 6 workouts is pretty amazing so good on you. I hope you start to feel a bit better in the coming weeks,I've also been feeling a bit weird the last while. My diet probably has a lot to answer for aswell. I was good for a while when I was doing lent and now that it's over I'm back hard on the biscuits! I really need to set myself a little challenege again. I found my tummy was so much better when I wasn't eating biscuits and crap also. I suffer with a bit of IBS too so I know what you're going through. Plus when I get anxious it gets 10 times worse. I hope you get to the bottom of it (no pun intended 😅) 💜

• Wow ladies your all doing fantastic, well done.

I am struggling lately with the workouts, lots going on in my personal life so it's been difficult to keep on track. I've managed the 3 workouts last week. 

Trying to complete more this week, feeling more motivated so hoping for 4/5 this week and build from there. 

I would also love any tips for the calorie counting, do you have differnt meals to your family? 

💖

• Well done everyone. I didn't feel like I had a very active week the past week - I normally try and walk maybe 5 days out of 7 as well as QDQ but I didn't get out as much as I would have liked. In saying that I did 4 of Maeve's workouts - Sculpt + Sweat, Combat Queens, Sexy Shoulders and Fireball Friday. No lives unfortunately and normally like to catch up on Traceys Summer Strong but just didn't get to it this week.

Good news is I have gotten rid of my last few pounds of Christmas weight gain so I am absolutely thrilled with that. I am going to take pics next week to mark the start of May and see can I see a change in my shape from the ones I took at start of April.

@Audrey Browne  plan + plan is how I find calorie counting good. I measure my milk for coffee/teas during the day and that goes into food diary plus a small bar of Aldi choc. Then I know exactly what cals I have left for the day. I also try to avoid eating my exercise cals. 

I am eating a lot of the Tesco/Aldi 0% fat greek yoghurt with berries - either as a snack of breakfast. It is quite high in protein and is lovely and creamy. If I am making my porridge with water and then would add a tablespoon of it in and it gives it a lovely texture too.

For recipes I love Ursula Walsh and Healthy Fit Bella - both on Insta and have a lot of nice recipes. I would reduce amount of olive oil/use spray oil in some of them but otherwise I find both very good for healthy ideas and trying something a bit different. Hope some of that might be useful.

• @Kelsey Morton try not to worry Kelsey, these things happen and life gets in the way. I think we can all admit we have good and bad weeks when it comes to how active we are but the main thing is we keep going even if it is only one workout a week, we still get it done and you'll feel better for it too. There was a few weeks last year that I had a lot going on in my personal life and thought I wouldnt be able to keep up QDQ but I am so glad I kept at because it was honestly the best thing to help get me through. 

I hope in a few weeks you'll be back to yourself again x

• @Jude H Aww Jude that's brilliant news you must be delighted with yourself, well done and fair play for calorie counting, I honestly dont think Id be able for that and also slightly terrified to know how much I eat in a day too 😨

4 workouts is amazing and way better than doing none,just remember that. We all have good and bad weeks but the fact that we keep at it even when we arent feeling the best shows how strong we are and Queens never quit! I feel like I workout for my sanity more than physical appearance now 😊

• @Kelsey Morton No I generally don't have anything different for dinner but I do try to bulk out my portion with salad, extra veg etc. If we are having curry I will sometimes do cauli rice/broccoli rice because I will often have had maybe a bagel thin/porridge for brekkie and then sometimes I do cous cous or brown rice salad for lunch so I do try and be aware of not having too many carbs. 

I was using Free My Fitness Pal from Christmas until about 3 weeks ago and have since paid for Nutracheck app as I have 2 more stone to lose and want to really focus in on my food. The weight went on so easily over the course of the lockdowns - I'm ready to invest to say goodbye to it now!

• @Jude H yeah I've used my fitness pal before but wasn't sure how accurate it was. That's such a good tip about the cauli or broccoli rice, small changes but manageable. You are definitely worth the investment. 

@Ashley Jordan thanks so much, this forum is so good for helping with motivation. Queens supporting each other. Youre so right, we all go through these things and it's OK to take some time for yourself and reset if needed. 

Ready to get back on the venga bus 🚌 🤣  

• Well done girls, you completely smashed last wk!!!! @Ashley Jordan  there's a new tablet in chemists now that used to be prescription only so I'd give that a go...its called telecast!!  I suffer with hayfever bit I'm noticing it's mainly my nose these days!! There are some nasal sprays too. 

I had a good wk,  got alot of workouts completed, struggled to make lives due to walks with friends but played catch up!! 

Had few today wines over the wkend so gonna try focus on eating well this wk, that's still bit of struggle 4 me!!!! 

Good luck this wk ladies! Xx

• @Carmel Mulvany thanks for that Carmel,I actually think that's the one I'm using at the moment. I usually take cetrine but the guy in the chemist gave me that instead the other day,think he said there's not much better than that 🤷‍♀️ I didn't take it today though,just to see if it made any difference,nose is still so dry but it only starts to get worse come the night time. It could be this house,it gets so hot and I feel like the moisture is sucked right out of it! I'm living at home with my parents and they have the stove on every night,the place is like a sauna! 🔥😄 Shouldn't be complaining I know but the poor nostrils are starting to pay the price for the comfortable life I'm living 😂

Good on you for getting all your workouts in this week and I'm sure meeting up with your friends was a nice change of scenery aswell. It's great that we have the library to look back on when we can't make the lives too. 

I hope your Week 5 is just as good 💜

• @Ashley Jordan yep ur right to stop them honey,  my nose is like that too in evenings so they might be bit stronger!!!! The centrine r great too!!! 

Yep I love that we can go back in and do any class at any time but I miss the chats on the loves too 😁😄😁

You are flying this challenge honey..... keep up the brilliant work!!!! Xxx p.s my butt is feeling the classes from yesterday 🍑😊😊😊

• @Georgie Dillon yessssssss Queen. As always u r smashing 💪💪💪💪💪👑👑👑❤️❤️❤️

• @Ashley Jordan Heya Queen i love that u r always rocking ur Workouts Ash. Keep killing it girl u really r an inspiration 🙌🙌🙌.

Yes sleep can be effected by hayfever/Sinus etc. I suffer alot with these. As ur nose is dry that's why the antihistamines make ur nose run. OK so my doc gave me a tip. He said always keep ur nose moist never let it dry up as thatd when a lot of pollen can get through. So before going to bed get a cotton bud dip into vaseline & run it along the inside of ur nose. This will keep ur nose moist & also any pollen that gets in sticks to vaseline. In the morning blow ur nose & repeat the process with vaseline. Works wonders for me hopefully it will do the same for u Ash. 👌👌🤞🤞🥰. Have an amazing week 5 girl 👑👑👑❤️❤️❤️

• @Sharon Scully awww Queen sorry to hear u're not feeling the best. Sending u loads of hugs girl. However what a week 4 u had in fairness to u. U got loads in. Walks, Runs & classes. Nailing it Sharon, seriously for someone who thought they didn't do much, Queen 😲😲😲🥰. Well done girl. Fingers crossed I'll stick to the Calorie counting, it's already getting on my nerves. 😅. Thanks doll. Hope ur on the mend this week Sharon, and I know ull still smash it 💪💪🙌🙌🙌🙌👑👑👑❤️❤️❤️

• @Kelsey Morton Heya Queen i hope u're OK, Kelsey. Its hard to get motivated when there's alot going on but well done u for getting up & getting some workouts done. Faiir play to u Kelsey. I've just started doing the calorie counting tbh & yes I do have different meals to my family. I always did really I suppose. I'm still learning but I am find "myfitnesspal" app very helpful as u have an option of scanning foods in there which is handy when grocery shopping. Plus the Queens r very helpful. I must have a look but I think there is a topic somewhere on the forum. If I find it I'll let u know Queen. Wishing u an amazing Week 5 Kelsey. 🥰 👑👑👑❤️❤️❤️

• @Audrey Browne Thanks so much Audrey,, you're so lovely, that message put a smile on my face 😊 I dont feel like much of an inspiration some days 😅, if anything its you who inspires me and encourages me to keep going so THANK YOU for inspiring me and all the Queens x

Yes, thats a great tip about the vaseline, Ive been trying it lately too and find it helps. I actually messaged Meaghers as Sharon mentioned above. They messaged me back with loads of links to information about it so Im going ot have a read of them tonight.

Thanks Queens for all your help and suggestions. I really appreciate them. Nose is a lot better today, but that could be because its currently hailstoning here so Id say the pollen levels are pretty low 😂 Crazy Irish weather!

xx

• @Ashley Jordan 🥰🥰🥰🥰

• 1 / 2